You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Singers/Bands you can't stand

Section_31

This type of singer is a given, Sec.

I had to look her up, and I hate her already.

There should be a more controversial choice to get the ball rolling.  So I'm going with Red Hot Chili Peppers.  Can't abide them.

• Upvote 2

I couldn't name a Miley Cyrus, One Direction or Justin Bieber song if you offered me money but I know for a fact it is all ear aids.

Katie Perry too. I'd marry her but i'd rather hand myself over to Isis than listen to one of her albums.

Alex James from Blur has to be involved in this thread. Blur are a great band but he is an utter fucking bellend. I started watching the dvd of them live at Hyde Park and saw him playing guitar with a fag hanging out of his gob as if he was Keith Richards whilst playing something like Girls and Boys. Instantly turned it off in disgust. I fucking hate him with a passion.

I like all three but I'm happy enough for you to have Morrissey & Radiohead.

What's your beef with Bob? He inspired your boy Cooke to write one of the greatest songs ever..

Poor man's Sixto Rodriguez. Nah, to be fair, I've obviously got an enormous amount of respect for Dylan, I just don't want to listen to him sing.

• Upvote 1

Ollie Murs - music for office fatties

Mumford & Sons - music for inbred hipsters

Enter Shikari - music for shouty cunts that need a slap

Westlife - music for cunts that like to buy the exact same song again and again but don't realise it

• Upvote 1

Ollie Murs - music for office fatties

Mumford & Sons - music for inbred hipsters

Enter Shikari - music for shouty cunts that need a slap

Westlife - music for cunts that like to buy the exact same song again and again but don't realise it

The Murs description is class and very true, they find him attractive but suspect he's nice enough to only politely decline their advances with a smile and a wink, rather than punch them in the throat Liam Neeson style.

As an aside, I've always thought he looks like a Polish captain kirk.

Alex James from Blur has to be involved in this thread. Blur are a great band but he is an utter fucking bellend. I started watching the dvd of them live at Hyde Park and saw him playing guitar with a fag hanging out of his gob as if he was Keith Richards whilst playing something like Girls and Boys. Instantly turned it off in disgust. I fucking hate him with a passion.

You saw Alex James playing guitar? Surely that's Graham Coxons job? Do you mean you saw Alex James playing bass?

Sorry to be pedantic mate, but it annoys the fuck out of me when people seem unable to make the distinction.