You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you keep Rodgers at the end of the season?

Boss

Should Rodgers stay in those circumstances?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rodgers stay in those circumstances?

• Yes- It's clear to see he's on the right path and just needs more time.
    • Yes- It was the transfer commitee that fucked us.
    • Yes- As long as that fake scouser and FSG's yesmen fuck off instead
    • No- He jibbed his wife off so he doesn't practise what he preaches
    • No- He's had enough time and his signings haven't been good enough
    • No- I'm fed up of seeing 5 at the back and Adam Lallana Cruyff turns.
    • Other - Ie stop being a negative cunt....

I think that he has a proven track record domestically and in Europe and a personality that demands players run through brick walls for the cause.

He just seems a natural fit for a Liverpool manager. 

Like they did this season?

What makes Klopp's job here any easier than at Dortmund that would make him want to join a club who sit behind 4 teams with the financial clout to blow him out of the water, at least in Germany he only had one.

I think that's his lot now. The team won't recover to win all their remaining games, Citeh are unlikely to collapse and our GD is shite anyway, and if he doesn't get 4th and hasn't won anything after all that outlay, what argument is there to keep him on?

Kenny got whacked for less. BR has to go really.

Ancelloti, Klopp, Rafa.

We should just get Rafa now.

We were 20 points off fourth and 35 off the title in Kennys last season, this added to wasting millions on players with no resale value.

• Upvote 1

The case for Klopp:

Klopp comes from a small village in the Black Forest – "There were 1,500 people there when I left and 1,499 live there now." He is the father of two grown-up sons and his wife, Ulla, is a writer. "She wrote a book for children," Klopp says. "It's like Harry Potter – but it's about football. There's no Harry Potter flying on his fucking stick – just football." Yet even if Dortmund is not the centre of the universe, Klopp has produced a magical world of football rooted in his normality and good sense.

He and us are made for each other:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/21/jurgen-klopp-borussia-dortmund-champions-league

Your post is fair enough but I disagree with this last bit. In fact, the best parting present we can get from Rodgers is not making the EL, a competition that he would have little chance of winning if he stayed and a new manager could best do without, as Rodgers did last season.

Rafa in, without the EL and given a decent enough budget, might even make a run at the League. Same with Klopp.

I disagree about the EL. I think any manager with a halfway decent pedigree of European experience (De Boer, Biesla etc.) will welcome it. They'd be coming to a side who'll be amongst the biggest spenders in terms of transfers and wage bill in the competition and would have to back themselves to have a chance to win it.

Right now it's a route to the CL, and for all the draining factors it's supposed to have, we've filled out our squad with that kind of eventuality in mind.

Like they did this season?

What makes Klopp's job here any easier than at Dortmund that would make him want to join a club who sit behind 4 teams with the financial clout to blow him out of the water, at least in Germany he only had one.

Some folk think he'd crawl over broken glass to come here because 'we're Liverpool.'

I dont know if rodgers will survive. But unless the owners change their MO, Klopp or any other manger of his ilk will not be rocking up in L4 any time soon.

Nah, to be fair to Klopp, he's won the league twice and got to a European Cup final. That is tried and tested.

Benefiting from Bayern being shit (by their standards) at the time, they've failed to best them since and are 6 points from relegation as of the previous round of games (haven't seen the results this week).

He's a very good manager, he's not the savior you're looking for though.

That's different to having total control though. Total control is picking the players you want, then the board go and buy them. Final say is more of a veto - for example, if he's told it's Balotelli or Eto'o, he can pick either, or veto them both and get nobody. That's different to saying 'i want player X' then getting him.

Look, I'm certainly not absolving the manager of any blame and I'm certainly not his biggest fan.

For a start, he needs to improve his management of big games and quickly. Euro aways, semi-finals, etc. We concede the ball, territory and momentum and it goes against everything that is good about Rodgers.

I may well be wrong and he might be choosing all the players, in which case it doesn't look good for him. However I just find it almost impossible to believe some of the players brought in are his choices. It doesn't take a great footballing mind to work out they are the opposite of what a Rodgers side needs.

I'd like to see him become accountable for it all, given another year or two and then here's no excuses. Partly because if we sack him now, I think FSG would appoint the next Rodgers. Eddie Howe for example. Just don't see them appointing a Klopp or Rafa.

I dont want him given any control of transfers

He definitely wanted Allen and Borini at the club, they are totally his signings. I really woyldnt trust him with more money based on those 2 deals alone

Benefiting from Bayern being shit (by their standards) at the time, they've failed to best them since and are 6 points from relegation as of the previous round of games (haven't seen the results this week).

Im not looking for him, I want Rodgers to stay.

Excellent point about Bayern around then, they had Demechellis and Van Buyten as their cbs and were far from the force they are now, the league was also a lot weaker back then.

Klopp has failed worse then Rodgers this season in similar circumstances having to replace important players, he made shitter signings having full control and was poorer in the league.

Rodgers has done it here when we have had forwards who score goals, from when we got Sturridge up until we lost Suarez and then Sturridge to injury.

Our fan base is no better then the likes of Spurs, Newcastle anymore or maybe it never has been.One game we lost in the fa cup seems to have turned so many when the clear problem was the players not turning up, no professional player should need to be motivated for semi finals.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3