You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Johnson

Bjornebye

He should thank himself lucky that Johnson didn't ask him to meet behind the Happy Valley takeaway.

Hahaha I just read that story in the Evening News on the tram coming home from work and my first thought was 'Should have txted him a picture of it lad, he might have let you nosh him'.

(Note - this post refers to a hypothetical situation and in no way implies Adam Johnson's guilt...)

Also makes you wonder what we are doing today that in 30 years time will be considered to be shocking - either for being way too liberal, or for being way too oppressive.

If we have avoided self destructing or not queuing up for sausages  then society is going to get more and more litigious prompting new laws and restrictions on the way people can behave not just towards children but to each other. Whilst no sane person can not want to protect kids the relentless march of political correctness concerns me,

Can I go back to taking the piss out your fellow supporters now please !  

Fuck off fanchester you paedo apologist. Using linguistic changes to evidence a shift in cultural sensitivity is different than children being raped. I would assume the life long trauma and mental anguish wasn't that much different for the victims, even if the BBC normalised it.

• Upvote 2

If we have avoided self destructing or not queuing up for sausages  then society is going to get more and more litigious prompting new laws and restrictions on the way people can behave not just towards children but to each other. Whilst no sane person can not want to protect kids the relentless march of political correctness concerns me,

Can I go back to taking the piss out your fellow supporters now please !  

It's not really "relentless" though, is it.

Maybe in 30 years' time we will look back at the way most of our best-selling national newspapers routinely printed lies designed to keep people fearful of and hostile towards immigrants, asylum seekers and Muslims... or maybe we'll still be a nation of cunts.

• Upvote 1

I remember reading a mad fact when we spent several weeks in Nepal in 2008 about how it had only fairly recently (possibly in 2004, from memory) been completely outlawed across the country for a man to exile his wife to the cow-shed for the duration of her period.

Obvious jokes though such a thing throws up, history does tend to fairly conclusively show what a bunch of cunts men are when they hold the whip hand, doesn't it.

Fuck off fanchester you paedo apologist. Using linguistic changes to evidence a shift in cultural sensitivity is different than children being raped. I would assume the life long trauma and mental anguish wasn't that much different for the victims, even if the BBC normalised it.

It's not linguistic changes to evidence it - it's fact. Cultural attitudes have changes over time, and like or not, it's not a matter of opinion, it's historical fact. Even today, there's plenty of cultures that have no problem stoning someone to death for an alleged affair, or homosexual activity, and there's cultures where polygamy is accepted etc.

Nobody's apologising for anything, merely stating the truth that what is unacceptable today was quite often more acceptable in the past. Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Presley, David Bowie and countless others all engaged in what today would be 'under age sex' and they'd be serving prison time for it. I think the worst that Jerry Lee Lewis got was losing a few record contracts (which he recovered from).

In ancient Athens, older men used to use boys for sex and 'initiate' them with a gang bang. The women were largely for child bearing purposes only. In THAT society at THAT time it was the norm.

You also have to be careful that 'the law' doesn't always reflect public opinion or practice eg.

Anal sex (for either gender) was punishable via death in England! until the mid 19th century. and heterosexual anal sex was technically illegal until 2003. But nobody was outraged at this particular breaking of the law, because in this case, the law was behind (pardon the pun) the times in relation to what the public were actually doing sexually.

What is wrong today, hasn't always been so. Like I said, our morality has shifted in different ways. We've reduced the age on consent for homosexuality (for instance).

• Upvote 1

I remember reading a mad fact when we spent several weeks in Nepal in 2008 about how it had only fairly recently (possibly in 2004, from memory) been completely outlawed across the country for a man to exile his wife to the cow-shed for the duration of her period.

Obvious jokes though such a thing throws up, history does tend to fairly conclusively show what a bunch of cunts men are when they hold the whip hand, doesn't it.

Was reading something before that showed that women who vote Republican are more likely to say that a woman should not be President than any other group, even old male Republicans.

So basically right wing women are the worst of the worst when it comes to being cunts.

• Upvote 1

It's not linguistic changes to evidence it - it's fact. Cultural attitudes have changes over time, and like or not, it's not a matter of opinion, it's historical fact. Even today, there's plenty of cultures that have no problem stoning someone to death for an alleged affair, or homosexual activity, and there's cultures where polygamy is accepted etc.

Nobody's apologising for anything, merely stating the truth that what is unacceptable today was quite often more acceptable in the past. Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Presley, David Bowie and countless others all engaged in what today would be 'under age sex' and they'd be serving prison time for it. I think the worst that Jerry Lee Lewis got was losing a few record contracts (which he recovered from).

In ancient Athens, older men used to use boys for sex and 'initiate' them with a gang bang. The women were largely for child bearing purposes only. In THAT society at THAT time it was the norm.

You also have to be careful that 'the law' doesn't always reflect public opinion or practice eg.

Anal sex (for either gender) was punishable via death in England! until the mid 19th century. and heterosexual anal sex was technically illegal until 2003. But nobody was outraged at this particular breaking of the law, because in this case, the law was behind (pardon the pun) the times in relation to what the public were actually doing sexually.

What is wrong today, hasn't always been so. Like I said, our morality has shifted in different ways. We've reduced the age on consent for homosexuality (for instance).

Ancient Athens wasnt a peado paradise at all, most of these so called historians or anthropologists are old oxbridge graduates whove had their brains bummed out their ears and are obsessed with peadophillia and some golden age, because they themselves are peadophiles.

In any case let me be clear there is no moral relativism, that is a clear myth and just as there are legal crimes now such as cars emitting shit and killing people amidst the humdrum would well cause future peoples to revulsion yet we are victims and these are moral crimes against our persons. Whereas cigarettes are more demonised in the end if the law is applied scientifically we accept the law can never be perfect in execution.

You however are responsible for you and if you take the theme of acceptance of peadophillia, yesterday or a hundred million years ago, that is irresponsible and does no justice to any victim.

• Upvote 1

Apparently, paedophilia was alright back then.

http://www.salon.com/2013/09/10/richard_dawkins_defends_mild_pedophilia_says_it_does_not_cause_lasting_harm/

Dawkins went on to say that one of his former school masters “pulled me on his knee and put his hand inside my shorts,” and that to condemn this “mild touching up” as sexual abuse today would somehow be unfair.

“I am very conscious that you can’t condemn people of an earlier era by the standards of ours. Just as we don’t look back at the 18th and 19th centuries and condemn people for racism in the same way as we would condemn a modern person for racism, I look back a few decades to my childhood and see things like caning, like mild pedophilia, and can’t find it in me to condemn it by the same standards as I or anyone would today,” he said.

I'm not surprised he is a bit passe on this. He essentially views humans as gene machines, although we should learn and apply our own free will to our genetic temdencies it won't always be the case.

Anyways, has Johnson been lynched yet? More importantly, could we ask for his goal to be wiped out against us and give us 2 extra points?

• Upvote 1

I'm not surprised he is a bit passe on this. He essentially views humans as gene machines, although we should learn and apply our own free will to our genetic temdencies it won't always be the case.

Anyways, has Johnson been lynched yet? More importantly, could we ask for his goal to be wiped out against us and give us 2 extra points?

Hes asked Mignolet to meet him behind the chippy to swap shirts.

Its nice to listen people moan and get abusive with each other all every get high and mighty.

But the big question is this:

Should I get the tattoo of Jimmy Saville removed from my bell end?

Good idea , the last thing you want on the end of your cock are spelling mistakes