You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Spurs

Mark M

Pascoe did the interviews. Where's Rodgers off to on a plane?

Besiktas are playing tomorrow. Perhaps there ?

Good shout.

According to the The Guardian: "Liverpool’s assistant manager... took over post-match media duties with Rodgers catching a flight to watch a game in Italy on Wednesday. Parma versus Chievo is the only Serie A fixture scheduled."

Imagine if Can was English. The media would be saying hes the next jack wilshere.

Wilshire has this really annoying quality of diving for free kicks and staying on the ground even if the whistle isn't blown, leaving his team mates to run around like blue arsed fly's trying to cover for him. He does it at least 3-4 times every game and he shirks 50/50's as well, plastic hard man. 

Can would just barge him off the ball effortlessly, and float on like the Panzer IV he is, as opposed to Wilshire's inferior and unusable Valiant A38.

• Upvote 2

Stinker of a run that.

Gutted about tonight. Sitting in the hard days night hotel as I type this, getting ready for a bullshit corporate black tie do at the echo arena. Fuck off.

Long story but ended up at the match. Then went to the corporate gig to drink free booze and ogle girls in cocktail dresses. A fine evening all round. Good to bump into Dave U, Red Knight and John G too. A fine set of chaps. None of them would look good in a cocktail dress though.

According to the The Guardian: "Liverpool’s assistant manager... took over post-match media duties with Rodgers catching a flight to watch a game in Italy on Wednesday. Parma versus Chievo is the only Serie A fixture scheduled."

Any back-up goalie free agent possibility there? Otherwise, why in February?

Guest davelfc

Got home late last night worst after match traffic for some time that.

Fantastic result for us, a loss would have really killed off our hopes of a top four place but the win holds spurs back and puts us right in it again. Thought the linesman on the main stand side (in front of me) was shit. Not sure if it's his age or that he's a knob but he's always shit and fails to keep up with play. I always expect Dowd to be shit and he really doesn't seem to like us at all. Everyone around me is up and screaming at him, I expect nothing less from the useless fat tosser. 

After having to park up for 30 mins because I was basically going nowhere I can see why people leave early in order to beat the traffic, although I'd rather stay for the whole game and have to be delayed gong home. Same suspects every week, really strange, pay £50 and miss the end.

Credit to Rodgers, he's really turned us around. We're nothing like the team we were a few months ago. Ibe was impressive too, his young confidence is spreading around the team, more players seeing this kid going forward are now starting to want to do the same. That's my impression anyway.

• Upvote 1

Spurs were good, or at least I hope they were. We really missed Lucas in this one. Thankfully we were able to put 3 in the net on the other end. If missing Lucas is going to be the melody for the next month we'll be in trouble. Spurs looked really good though and hopefully we'll not miss Lucas so much in the forthcoming matches.

Both Coutinho and Sturridge had kind of off-days, so pleasing to see we created enough to score three.

Spesial mention to Ibe and "The Rock" Can. 

Some Spurs fans are congratulating themselves on the youthful nature of Pochettino's team...and what is it with this "one of our own" thing with respect to Harry Kane? Bragging about one player coming through the youth system? Someone who supported the club as a boy? Is this really a new thing for them? Anyway...I did some number-crunching from transfermarkt.co.uk and the gap between the collective ages of our starting team and their starting team last night was a massive eight years. The team that finished for Liverpool was younger by four years. They're full of shit. I know, shocking!

26 Mignolet 
21 Can
30 Skrtel 
24 Sakho 
19 Ibe
24 Henderson
34 Gerrard 25 Lovren
22 Moreno
20 Markovic 26 Lallana
22 Coutinho
25 Sturridge 24 Balotelli
267/263

28 Lloris
24 Walker 
21 Dier
27 Vertonghen
24 Rose
20 Bentaleb
23 Mason  26 Paulinho
22 Lamela
27 Dembélé  29 Soldado
22 Eriksen  25 Chadli
21 Kane 
259/267
  • Upvote 1

Gerrard was absolutely awful again.  It was like he was going through the motions.

He did have a poor game.  As did Henderson.  The thing is with Gerrard though, is even in a poor performance, he will often make game winning contributions.  And there's no-one I would trust in that team more when it comes to penalty taking.

I think Coutinho had the worst game of all.  Absolutely stunk the place out last night.  He's in one of those ruts where he needs resting and re-energising.  

• Upvote 1