You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Spurs

Mark M

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc-sweati-fitness-three-8603321

This seems to confirm Countinho and Srerling were subbed due to injuries against Everton.

For the spurs game Id go with Sturridge in for Gerrard if fit enough, Ibe keeps his place and markovic in at lwb as he is a more of a threat then Moreno.

• Downvote 1

This seems to confirm Countinho and Srerling were subbed due to injuries against Everton.

For the spurs game Id go with Sturridge in for Gerrard if fit enough, Ibe keeps his place and markovic in at lwb as he is a more of a threat then Moreno.

I thought that was pretty obvious from the kicking the pair of them but particularly coutinho got in the last 2 games.  But no, the manager wanted to keep gerrard on for his final derby according to all the sages.

Big game this, if we are going to keep some kind of challenge for the top 4 alive we need something out of this and of course Southampton and City....

We looked tired against the bitters and given our recent fixture list it's no surprise, it's been a laughable run of games on top of each other - niggles and kicks tend to be felt more when in the midst of a lot of games like we are so there is an argument for freshening the side up - but not sure how realistic that is given our options in key positions and against an in form and good team.

I thought that was pretty obvious from the kicking the pair of them but particularly coutinho got in the last 2 games.  But no, the manager wanted to keep gerrard on for his final derby according to all the sages.

Coutinho and Sterling are fine.

Lucas isn't.

Hang on, I thought Rodgers made bizarre subs and that he was a cunt or something because of it?

I don't know what I'm supposed to think any more.

Hang on, I thought Rodgers made bizarre subs and that he was a cunt or something because of it?

I don't know what I'm supposed to think any more.

He's is a cunt now because we drew at the weekend. But he will be brilliant again if we beat spurs. Try to keep up....

• Upvote 1

It wouldn't surprise me and I'm expecting to see Mario on the bench for this game, especially if Sturridge starts.

He hasn't been in the squad lately but we have been playing away and I don't think Rodgers trusts him enough yet to put him on in games where we would have to fight for possession. He knows Mario and himself will get criticised for any game Mario plays and doesn't do well, playing away there is a higher chance.

With Arsenal, Man Utd and Southampton all having very winnable home games this week we really can't afford to drop points. Even if we win it's going to take an end of season run like last year to get in to the top 4 as we're relying on too many teams above us dropping points, but psychologically I think it'd be too damaging if we don't win this one.

Big decision for Rodgers again as far as who replaces Lucas. I'd be loathe to move Can into midfield as the back 3 (And Mignolet) have been doing so well as a unit but Allen or Gerrard in Lucas's position sets us back massively.

A must win game against a team who've recently put both Chelsea and Arsenal to bed. Not an easy ask.

no, it will be a difficult game, as they're in the best form they've been in in years - certainly not the pushovers they were.  However, it's a game that gets the juices flowing.  I can't stand Spurs and their glory glory supporters.  I can't wait for this one.  

It's becoming a generational struggle between us and them. Neither can compete financially with City and Chelsea, and it's increasingly likely that mancs spending will eclipse everybody's. Arsenal remain more attractive than us to foreign and domestic players, although they are much closer to us in spending.

We need to beat Spurs today and every time. If their new stadium becomes a reality they might pass us in spending power.Then what?

A truly must win - not just for this season but for future ones.