You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Local News Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

I knew a chap at Reading uni. Him and his housemates had spent all their grants on beer and drugs, and were starving for weeks. So they caught and killed one of the fuckers, plucked it, sawed the neck off and fired it into the oven in instalments. Tasted shit apparently, though none of them were studying cooking, as far as I can remember.

I’d still rather that, than the Spag Bol one of the lads in our year used to make out of ‘Pet Mince’.

I.e. animal food grade meat from the butcher in the Old Bull Ring Market

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to the scum who broke into Homebaked by Anfield last night, and stole their safe and matchday takings. You've managed to set back an organisation running a community cafe, a community produce garden, who are offering apprenticeships and training to local young people, and who are renovating the flats above the shop for social housing. They are also trying to get other community projects off the ground. Hope you choke on the proceeds.

• Upvote 2

Congratulations to the scum who broke into Homebaked by Anfield last night, and stole their safe and matchday takings. You've managed to set back an organisation running a community cafe, a community produce garden, who are offering apprenticeships and training to local young people, and who are renovating the flats above the shop for social housing. They are also trying to get other community projects off the ground. Hope you choke on the proceeds.

Again ? FFS. It got broke into a few weeks ago too. Match day takings left on the premises ? Hmmm. I wont go in their anymore. It's way overpriced and it can sometimes be like scally central.

In other local news. Someone else has fallen from a flat in the city centre. Think that's three now in as many weeks.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/man-suffers-major-trauma-after-13764787

How bricks from Bristol were used to build part of New York

Stone and bricks from Bristol homes bombed in Word War Two was transported to New York and used to help build part of Manhattan. 

New York’s famous freeway the East River Drive was constructed on tonnes of ballast shipped over from the devastated city. 

Bristol-born Hollywood actor Cary Grant lost several members of his family when their house was destroyed in a bombing in November 1940. 

The Hollywood actor gave a moving speech in 1974 when a plaque was unveiled in NYC to mark the `Bristol Basin’.

• Upvote 2

Horrible accident on Queens Drive. Fella hit by a HGV. Sick rats on twitter posting videos of his body in the road.

I was getting told in work last night that the HGV ran over his head is that true the person who told me that has a habit of telling a few porkies?

Yes though people filming it is fucking dire though.