You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FA Cup 3rd Round: AFC Wimbledon v Liverpool - Mon 5th Jan 2015

Anubis

Guest davelfc

Probably a decent game for the neutral, and we've had worse times in the cup than this. I enjoyed our quick breaks in the 2nd half, apart from our finishing of course...

Can't imagine there were many neutrals out there, people just love a cup upset. The job was done tonight, we progress to the next round and I've got the FA Cup ticked on the auto cup scheme. 

I'll feel a little guilty taking my seat in the next round knowing that we won badly though. 

Guest davelfc

I'm not gutted we won and I could still slate the manager and I still support the team. And I noticed that we played shit. 

Good for you.

just glad I don't have to hear Magic of the Cup for a few more weeks

How many times did they mention that we had a lot of players who had never played in a game like that before? Gerrard was about the only one who had played away to lower league opposition apparently.

Completely bizarre.

Guest davelfc

How many times did they mention that we had a lot of players who had never played in a game like that before? Gerrard was about the only one who had played away to lower league opposition apparently.

Completely bizarre.

The BBC have completely fucked up their football coverage. This tie was all their Christmases at once, I mean they go on and on about us getting beat by Wimbledon every time we play in the FA Cup.

They set their stall out early, probably blew the entire years budget getting the ex players in.

At half time they went into overdrive, we were dead and buried apparently. For the BBC there was a big cup upset tonight, we won.

• Upvote 2

Guest davelfc

Well stop accusing me of wanting us not to win you fucking easily pleased barm pot.

Well allow me to be happy we progressed to the next round. The beauty of the cup is that you win and can forget the way you played because the objective was to win. We have played better in the cup and lost in other seasons.

Well allow me to be happy we progressed to the next round. The beauty of the cup is that you win and can forget the way you played because the objective was to win. We have played better in the cup and lost in other seasons.

How is this different from the league?

In the next round and manged to avoid being embarrassed just about.

Rickie Lambert, now I know he was never gonna be top drawer, but how and why has a lad who looked at least effective at Southampton become so fucking shite for us, his team.....the absolute least you'd expect is he would run through brick walls for the team and offer commitment and be dead up for it, fact is he is frigging horrific

• Upvote 1

Games like this aren't about performance in my opinion. They're about getting the job done and getting out of dodge, and we've just about done that. In theory we should dick them, but we played on a cabbage patch of a pitch. That really doesn't help us.

Familiar pattern from me I know but we got bummed by the referee again tonight and I am absolutely sick of it. Their lad should have been off inside of 5 minutes for that x rated stamp on Manquillo. Rigg was it? Big Rig more like, alehouse bellend. Crystal clear red card. I blame all the coverage for that, all this 1988 Crazy Gang spirit, Vinne Jones on McMahon "reducer" gobshitery. How that has been pushed to the back I'll never know.

And then their goal... comedy capers defending (it doesn't make me laugh) but Purple Aki fouls Mignolet. As much as he has to do better, any referee worth his salt gives that as a free kick. Jon Moss isn't a referee worth his salt. He's an absolute waste of space.

I know, I know, I shouldn't be bagging out a referee against League Two cloggers but shit like that makes my blood boil.

We exercised more control in the second half and I thought we were well worthy of winning, but it wasn't a great performance by any means. We're in more debt to the main man again, but we've done all we had to do - win.

• Upvote 1

Good result but yet another awful performance, 3 out of the last 4 games, our performance has been as bad as anything in the last few years. Burnley (but we won), Leicester & tonight. The 'but we won' brigade can enjoy the wins if they want but I'm getting fucking sick & tired of watching the Manager picking the wrong players & wrong tactics. I'm getting sick of the players just seemingly go through the motions, where's the fuckin motivation? I fucking hate this team. I take no joy from playing as bad as that AGAIN & winning. If it was a one off performance I'd enjoy it & move on but it's the norm now.

They didn't have to do anything except knock it long. That's all teams have to do to us,ale house,can't defend first ball,invariably the 2nd ball is either lost or fumbled. One step forward 2 back,b forward 2 back.

This has been the case with us for a very long time, it's a surprise teams don't do it against us more often, all it usually takes is 1 or 2 balls lobbed into our box from anywhere to create a chance.

It wasn't great tonight but that wasn't one of our worst performances of the season, there's easily 10-12 worse ones, that tells it's own story.

@23Carra If Gerrard was one of the new signings at 24 we'd be raving about him, but we judge him at 34 against himself at his peak.

He's a sharp one is Carra.

Too right Dave, it wasn't that bad apart from the goal and a couple of Sunday league defending  moments I thought we defended better than we have for a while against the long ball onslaught Skirtel especially. We know the keeper is shit at crosses, so why are people surprised he did what he did. Weve let similar goals in nearly every game. Yes they had a few chances after scrambles in the box but with a bit more composure we could and should have had five or six. Markovic, Lambert and Gerrard. obviously we should be wiping the floor with teams like this but this is the cup after all.

And then their goal... comedy capers defending (it doesn't make me laugh) but Purple Aki fouls Mignolet. As much as he has to do better, any referee worth his salt gives that as a free kick. Jon Moss isn't a referee worth his salt. He's an absolute waste of space.

Too many bummings from Boy George...