You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So what car do you drive?

Guest Pistonbroke

A 2000-plate Audi A4 Quattro 30V. Bought it cash six years ago as a stop-gap and it's been the best car I've ever owned: Be it tackling the snow we had to doing big jaunts up to the Scottish Highlands it just barrells along effortlessly. It wants for nothing at MOT time, still drives tight and  when cleaned and waxed it still looks like new.  

I've tried the newer cars but nothing is that much better than what I have that it's worth shelling out on. German barges are boss.

Silver VW Golf TDI. Cheap to run and reliable. Thats all i need.

Same reason I've stuck with our vintage 1991 VW Jetta.

I don't need (or want) to splash out on an expensive, flashy car.

if I did, I'd buy an Audi like so many of the fine examples in this thread.

I've got a Skoda Fabia 1.2 sport version, which is basically some red stuff on the inside. I'm not really into driving as such. I've had some old school cars, a Vauxhall Nova from about 99, then a burgundy Renault 9, then a Renault 11,all pretty ancient cars, all of which have a story of stupidity attached. Then a Clio, then another Clio. Exciting days, ha

How the fuck did that happen if your tax becomes valid from October 1st?

The disc itself becomes invalid in two days my actual tax doesn't because they are being stopped but I have to show this paper cut out for those two days incase the cops wonder why I have no disc and stop me. They said the police have been informed of changes. It's a new car it never had a disk previously.

I had a Cavalier until about 5 years ago and it was ace.

Engine was brilliant but bodywork was where it went downhill.

My girlfriend's brother in law has an old Cavalier perfectly preserved inside a plastic air bubble in his garage with an air pump on 24 hours a day because it's the same as his first car. It's at times like that I realise how unarsed I am about cars.

My girlfriend's brother in law has an old Cavalier perfectly preserved inside a plastic air bubble in his garage with an air pump on 24 hours a day because it's the same as his first car. It's at times like that I realise how unarsed I am about cars.

I am pretty un arsed myself to be honest.

They are a modern necessity unfortunately.

Just replaced the old motor - economics moved me toward ford so I have a Midnight Blue (or just dark blue for the men in the crowd) Ford Fusion.

I guess it's marketed as the Mondeo most places in the world - but the design is pleasing on the new version.  Only had it a week - like it so far.

2014_Ford_Fusion_Hybrid_0008.jpg

Just replaced the old motor - economics moved me toward ford so I have a Midnight Blue (or just dark blue for the men in the crowd) Ford Fusion.

I guess it's marketed as the Mondeo most places in the world - but the design is pleasing on the new version. Only had it a week - like it so far.

Posted Image

Is it me or does that car actually have a face?

Think I can see what you mean.

• Upvote 1

'13 plate BMW 320d touring xDrive M Sport auto and a '08 plate Mazda MX-5. The BMW is great - fun to drive in sports mode if you want, easy to drive if you're commuting. Wonderfully comfortable and classy interior. Gets 45mpg. Big boot capacity. Favourite car ever.

The MX-5 is a bit of a disaster. The drainage channels for the soft top get blocked easily and it develops electrical faults. Not a big deal if you keep it in a garage, but no good under a tree in the street. That said, it's like driving a go-kart in the summer and can go sideways wherever you like. Totally impractical though and rarely gets driven. I should probably sell it.