You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So what car do you drive?

Guest Pistonbroke

Guest Pistonbroke

They say a lot can be revealed by the car you drive.

Personally I've always been of the mind that I need a car which will get me from A to B but I also don't want to drive around in some rust bucket. 

Had quite a bit of luck last year, some cunt drove his lorry into my car and I ended up getting a nice windfall from his insurance, especially as my car was due a lot of work which the insurance didn't pick up on. Then I landed just over 8 grand on a football bet and the mother in law gave me 4 grand for services rendered. No you pervs, I didn't fuck her, I saved her a fortune by sussing out my brother in law was in with the wrong crowd trying to fleece her, Russian cunts. 

So I've always fancied a VW Golf so bought a 9 month old Golf Plus TSI. Bit of a family car but a shit load of poke if you need it. Great drive and it has convinced me to stay with VW for my next car in a few years time. 

Dark Blue metallic, I know I'm a red, but fuck having a red car, they look shite unless you can afford a Ferrari. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Red VW Golf.

He says deadpan, because it's true.

oopps.....I just don't like red for a car, hate white and the ever popular shite grey. My last car was racing car green and i was tempted again, but the dark metallic blue took my fancy. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Had a couple of Audi estates which I loved but now a TD Mondeo. Great economy, decent drive but a bit boring.

I love Audi, (vorsprung durch technik) but the last one I had was a fucking nightmare. Kind of put me off, especially at the price you pay. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Mine were old second hand ones, they were still quality motors though.

I had an Audi A4, it was a nice drive to begin with but I had a nightmare with it thereafter due to a fucking faulty gearbox. Took ages for the car dealer to acknowledge it was their fault and to replace it under the said guarantee. my last car was also a Mondeo estate, that was fine until the drive belt needed changing, costs a fucking fortune and needs to be done in Fords a lot more regular than other cars. That is one of the reasons I plumped for a Golf TSI as they are chain driven which means you never have to change it.  

Guest Pistonbroke

Had an A6 and A4 estate, both high mileage but they always flew through the MOT.

I got the Mondeo off my old fella as it was going stupidly cheap.

Another problem I had with the Mondeo was the electrics. Battery was dead all of a sudden so I bought a new one, two months later it was dead again, got it replaced under guarantee and two months later the same thing. Decided to surf the web and came across a typical problem with Mondeo's,  apparently the rubber sealing on the windows is not 100% sealed and damp got into the doors. This led to corrosion on the plastic covering the wires for the central locking system. So I sat in my car one evening in winter for a few hours and low and behold the central locking kept opening and shutting every few seconds which was leading to the battery going dead. 

Next day I took out the door panels and indeed the wiring for the central locking was corroded and leading to shorts. 20 minutes later I had sealed the wires and problem solved. Just a quick nod in case you come across the same problem, or anyone else. A mate of mine had the same problem and the garage took 600 notes off him to sort it, robbing fucking cunts. 

Audi A6 that barely leaves the garage because the city has decent public transport and terrible traffic jams. Plus taxis are cheap and there is a zero tolerance on drink driving. It came with the current job but I sometimes worry that they'll realise that I really don't need or use it.

Anyway, Pistony Soprano, tell me more about your MIL giving you a "present" of 4k to "protect" her family from mobsters

• Upvote 1