You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

How much would Joel Veltman from Ajax cost?

I know we're not going to sign another centre back in January but I love him, plus everyone should check out the goal he scored for Ajax at the weekend.  If we sold a centre back (wonder if anyone would give us 10 million for Lovren?) and replaced him with Veltman I'd be a very happy man.

Edit: found it on youtube.  Keep in mind this is a centre back doing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN04lnvgH_A

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Oh fucking hell. Someone delete that Gary Goals post quick, someone from the transfer committee might be reading.

But he is the top class striker and he does all types of the goals. Plus, his word is beyond reproach.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It's Balotelli isn't it.

I'm just cross references his games with Rooney's cousin's games. I'll get back to you.

Computer says meh.

A few reports that Milan will terminate their contract with Torres and that he will leave them as a free agent.

Not sure if he's still Chelsea's player, as that deal with Milan looked, for all intents and purposes, like a free transfer anyway.

Should we? Hoping that there's still something left, ability wise,which is being held back by the sulky psyche and could still be coaxed out?

I bet we pay £40m for west hams Sakho.

I tell you, another couple of inept transfer windows and I'll throw in the towel. I barely keep up with MOTD as it is and I used to love it.

This club just brings never ceases to let itself and its millions of fans down.

MOTD?

I barely keep up with Liverpool FC and I used to love it and lived for going the game.

A few reports that Milan will terminate their contract with Torres and that he will leave them as a free agent.

Not sure if he's still Chelsea's player, as that deal with Milan looked, for all intents and purposes, like a free transfer anyway.

Should we? Hoping that there's still something left, ability wise,which is being held back by the sulky psyche and could still be coaxed out?

He couldn't do any worse than Balotelli, he'd at least make the odd run even if he is totally past it. 

If we'll have nothing to spend in January i'd have no problem seeing us roll the dice. 

If we have money though we'd be better off getting someone 5 years younger and hungrier. 

Torres might yet have a few years left in him if he finds the right place. But something tells me that is unlikely to happen. As I say though, if we had no options I'd rather him than Mario at this point. 

Always been in the no camp on that one but at this moment in time it doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Think it was a 2 year loan from Chelsea, he must have really stunk the place out there for them to be doing that so soon.

He couldn't do any worse than Balotelli, he'd at least make the odd run even if he is totally past it. 

If we'll have nothing to spend in January i'd have no problem seeing us roll the dice. 

If we have money though we'd be better off getting someone 5 years younger and hungrier. 

Torres might yet have a few years left in him if he finds the right place. But something tells me that is unlikely to happen. As I say though, if we had no options I'd rather him than Mario at this point. 

I genuinely think the only places he could turn it around are here or Atletico. Whether either side would be interested is in serious doubt. Whether he'd actually end up turning around? I'm with you on that one, unlikely at best.

Rather than Obi Mikel, how about we imagine for a moment that there is more than one league in the world.

Kondogbia @ Monaco

Die @ Basel

Strootman @ Roma

Gustavo @ Wolfsburg

Bender @ Dortmund

Gabi @ Atletico

These are just some 'gettable' names I know. I can't scout smaller clubs so much because I'm not a full-time scout and have to get some shit done in the office most days. You know what, it'd be a real boon for the club to employ 'scouts', possibly on a full-time basis, in much the same way that Newcastle or Southampton do, perhaps looking in France, or Germany, or Holland for good players.

Ta.

• Upvote 1