You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adidas Trainers

evv

Adidas are the biggest rip offs for trainers... massively over priced

Only because the quality often isn’t up to much. Current prices are about right, if not cheaper than they should be, when you consider what we paid in the 80s. Just a shame that the product is a pale imitation of what it used to be.

Adidas are the biggest rip offs for trainers... massively over priced 

Shop around. I've just picked up a pair of these from some kind of discount shop I'd never heard of for £25.

090df282-e469-4282-abd8-1e585af159e5_siz

I needed some flatter shoes for cycling, and I don't really care if they fall off my feet after a few months at that price.

Shop around. I've just picked up a pair of these from some kind of discount shop I'd never heard of for £25.

090df282-e469-4282-abd8-1e585af159e5_siz

I needed some flatter shoes for cycling, and I don't really care if they fall off my feet after a few months at that price.

I could be wrong, but they look a bit suspect to me. Where did you get them from?

I could be wrong, but they look a bit suspect to me. Where did you get them from?

I think it was called Deichman (not sure on the spelling there), seems to be a TK Maxx type place that piles them high and knocks em out dirt cheap when there's only one pair left in your size. D'you reckon I've got some dodgy ones then Tone? That'd be quite exciting, I've not had knock off trainers since I was a kid, when I had some Fila high-tops with finishing so poor they could saw your ankles off.

I was also considering picking up a Ghana fo****ll shirt from a charity shop too to complete the look.

Continental 80s

993029d55ba625358feed3f24fab4181.jpg

They look like something my granny would've bought for me at the market when I was 13 & then my Dad would've had to explain to her that she'd have to take them back to save me getting battered at school.

• Upvote 7

I like Reebok Workouts, always have. Some utter wrong’uns wear them, but I’m not arsed about that. Simple, timeless and look ace worn with shorts.

Reebok are fucking tat, I think moreso since Adidas bought them out, but even back in the 90's stick a pair of classics next to pair of gazelle or campus and they look fucking shit - as do those continentals above.

in the 90's Berghaus and classics were scally central while the cool kids were rocking stussy and adidas originals 

Reebok are fucking tat, I think moreso since Adidas bought them out, but even back in the 90's stick a pair of classics next to pair of gazelle or campus and they look fucking shit - as do those continentals above.

in the 90's Berghaus and classics were scally central while the cool kids were rocking stussy and adidas originals

I love Adidas, but I’ve never been one to wear just one brand of trainees. It doesn’t have to either/or, as far as I’m concerned. I just wear what I like, and have done since I was about 14. I’m not not arsed about what other people wear.

Reebok was ace in the mid to late 80s. Good quality, soft, supple leather. Workouts still look good, in my opinion, just a shame the leather is more like plastic, nowadays.

I’ve never liked Stüssy, far too surfy looking. Might be ok if I lived in Santa Carla and was bombing around fighting vampires.

Berghaus made some great, good quality technical jackets. Probably still do, like, but it’s not something I’ve paid attention to in years.