You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mignolet

Pureblood

• 3 weeks later...

I've been impressed with him since the second leg against Dortmund, I still want him replaced but he deserves credit for his performances lately and he played a part in us getting to the final.

When he came out for the ball last night and didn't get it you could see the fear in his eyes as he went to get the ball back from the crowd and it looked like he got some abuse.I felt bad for him when I saw that and it's not nice to see, fans need to get off his back.

• Upvote 1

I've been impressed with him since the second leg against Dortmund, I still want him replaced but he deserves credit for his performances lately and he played a part in us getting to the final.

When he came out for the ball last night and didn't get it you could see the fear in his eyes as he went to get the ball back from the crowd and it looked like he got some abuse.I felt bad for him when I saw that and it's not nice to see, fans need to get off his back.

Is there anything you actually like about our fans?

Blah blin doopy dupe hey hey my my diddly piddly biddly bong pills.

• Upvote 1

I felt bad for him when I saw that and it's not nice to see, fans need to get off his back.

Agreed mate, last thing anyone wants to see is da fanz getting on someone's back.

some may say everyone knew Mignolet was shit but a lot where behind him at the start of the season while I knew it would be a disaster and kept quiet about it.

Mignolet cost us a cup and cl last season and this one, Klopp praises him and gives him a new contract.

Agreed, the saves he did make were decent and you would expect any prem keeper to save those.I normally don't like to see one player singled out but there is no way you can defend Mignolet

I've been against Mignolet since day one and wanted him gone since the embarrassing mistakes he made against cfc and mcfc in his first season, plenty of arguments are made about certain things that cost us the title that season and a strong argument could be made to say Mignolet cost us it.

Horrendous decision by Klopp giving Mignolet that contract, he still has two years left in the summer when he should be getting sold.

He made a bad signing, if anything the main mistake was not shifting mignolet on earlier.

I cant defend signing mig or not having a proper backup but dropping him was the right decision, theres no way jones will be rodgers first choice so this must mean we are planning to replace mig in jan which is a good thing.

A couple of good games where he has not been under much pressure should not change the clubs mind about signing a keeper this month though, we need atleast a strong number 2 until the summer that can push mignolet and if necessary come in if mig starts to fall apart again.

Mignolet has been dogshit since the end of last season where he nearly cost us the title numerous times before gerrards slip, he deserved to be dropped a long time ago and rodgers has given him more then enough support and chances.

Mignolets the worst, for a manager who likes to keep the ball at the back so much to buy a keeper so uncomfortable on the ball makes no sense, then there's also the long list of flaws Mignolet has.

I have no idea what was going through his mind when signing mig.
  • Upvote 12

A goalkeeper with fear in his eyes is a shit goalkeeper.

The best option at the moment is the one Klopp has taken. Speak highly of him, try to coax out the best that he can do. And I want to be fair because he has made some good saves lately.

Is he the keeper we need next season? No way! Back up? If he wanted to stay on those terms, OK. But a new no.1 is a clear priority for us.

In the meantime his fragile confidence needs to be stoked. I think that's what Klopp has been doing as he's a top man manager. But when the timing is right he will get his own man in, I'm confident of that. What the point of telling Mignolet he's a dead man walking? That would be like telling a title chasing Man City team that Guardiola is coming and watching them sink back to where even fourth is touch and go.

I agree Dr Nowt no one likes to see players getting abused which is why I would never do that to any LFC player or manager at a game, as you all told me when you laid in to Rodgers last season saying something on a forum is totally different and has no affect on the player or manager.

Dr Nowt like most people on here have got you sussed mate,your just a wind up merchant,arguing for arguings sake,now fuck off and play with your marbles.
  • Upvote 3

Dr Nowt like most people on here have got you sussed mate,your just a wind up merchant,arguing for arguings sake,now fuck off and play with your marbles.

You can read me like a book can't you, your obviously right and I said what I did about Migs to get a reaction.LFC is famed for throwing their players under the bus and giving them shit support during matches, obviously I knew everyone wouldn't agree that we shouldn't get on our own players backs during games.

• Downvote 2

It's a fair comment that for some players an adverse reaction from fans can cause them to crumble. I'm not sure it's altogether helpful for Mignolet's performance level when he gets stick from fans, but on the other hand, fans are fans, and they pay their money and will express their support and frustration as they see fit. It's all part of the game. And it should be added that the same circumstances for another player might cause them to up their game to prove a point to the fans who are laying into them. But I don't think that's Mignolet. He appears to have a fairly fragile confidence about him.

My take on the situation is that Klopp sees this, and has tried to coax the best level out of him that he can... but I'm sure he will take decisive action and bring in a new no.1 this summer.  

You can read me like a book can't you, your obviously right and I said what I did about Migs to get a reaction.LFC is famed for throwing their players under the bus and giving them shit support during matches, obviously I knew everyone wouldn't agree that we shouldn't get on our own players backs during games.

What the absolute fuck are you waffling about ?

Genuine question. How many games do you get to a season ? No I go the game shit just interested. Are you from or living in Liverpool ?

I've had a shitcunt of a day, that made me forget all about it.  Quality stuff Ben, nail on head too.

For a Red ( I know ) JP seems to never have a good word for our fans. Doesn't slag players off unless on t'interweb and doesn't condone those who do. I for one can't think it would be good for ones health to sit on ones hands at a togger match only occasionally breaking into a polite clap and the odd " well done that fellow " he reserves his righteous condemnation for his TLW audience.

Pennan's Pulpit. As it were.

JP got handed his arse in the Adam Johnson thread. Can't take anything he say's seriously after his remarks about his own teenage daughter.

I'm bored of that subject, I never said I had a teenage daughter and all I said is I'd ask her what the fuck she was doing when she knew it was wrong.The things I regretted saying which I have already said in that thread are I wouldn't have got him done and their parents were only selling the story for money, I didn't know Johnson was twice her age at that time and viewed what he did very differently after I knew that.I dont think what Johnson did was as bad as Saville and Harris and feel he doesn't deserve to be treated the same as them, that was the only other thing I said.

I don't care who takes me seriously, if you can't believe a LFC fan doesn't like seeing fans boo our own players that's up to you.I haven't rated Mig from the start and said it when people would talk about him, since last season it's been clear he's not good enough so I don't blame him anymore or feel the need to carry on pointing out his faults as if he's here it's the managers fault and I don't like to kick people when they are down.

As for me constantly criticising the fans or crowd I call it as I see it, after the Villarreal I said on their day they are the best and played a big part in that victory.The atmosphere was shit against Chelsea, I'm not blaming anyone just stating a fact and it also plays a part in how the team performs.If people want to be fans who boo players and take the piss out of managers and want them sacked that's up to them.

Before anyone says anything about me criticising Klopp Or taking the piss I haven't, the only things people don't like is when they try to say something is so much better now since Rodgers left and I question that.

• Downvote 3