You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

Sakho got destroyed plenty and he used to do fresh air shots despite not being 4 years old.

That's before we even get onto the diet pills and shite attitude. Good riddance.

Its his 50p head i won' miss, but good luck to him on his next move

Whatever you say, fella.

Have met Penelope once or twice but I'm actually quite close with her sis, Monica. Was at an after party for a Julieta Venegas concert in Cabo and started chatting with her, we hit it off and spent the night drinking expensive tequila. Ended up taking the party back to my place and she stayed for a few nights. That was about 4 or 5 years ago and I've spent a few weeks with her every summer since. Wonderful person.

Love how matter-of-factly you put it. "She's a wonderful person". Haha. 

Lovren has improved from probably the worst defender in the league bar none, to an average defender. He periodically looks up to the job depending on who his partner is, but individually he's mid-table level and has proven that over the past 3 seasons.

How someone could rate Lovren but say Sakho is no good is beyond me. On the whole, they are both average defenders with the caveat that they both have the tendency to make dreadful mistakes. The difference is that Sakho's top level is higher than Lovren's and then also there is the fact that Sakho was never ever as putrid over an entire season as Lovren was in 14/15.

I think you are a bit confused 3 Stacks... Rating Lovren above Sakho isn't really a reflection of Lovren's ability, but more of Sakho's lack of.

But of course, we can't know for certain until we see their foul per game ratio, or something....

They are, yeah.

I disagree. We've had far better defenders since Houlllier took over in Hyypia, Henchoz, Carra, and to a lesser extent Agger. Lovren is a couple of levels below, and Sakho is a few levels below again. Like Matip, Van Dijk looks like he has the potential to reach the highest level, from the games I've seen. Hence I'd like to see him brought in to relegate Lovren to the bench. Sakho isn't even in the conversation anymore. That's why 3 Stacks got offended I think.

Lovren had one of the worst seasons I've ever seen from a single player. Sakho at his worst was mediocre. It's insane to watch both players and conclude that Sakho is a couple levels below Lovren.

If you do a run-rate analysis though, for Lovren the trend projection is promising... Sakho is continually shit... His defending against Dortmund (one of his last performances for us it must've been?) for example was laughable, he single-handedly played them onside for the first, second AND third goal... Ironically Lovren had to bail him out by scoring the winner.

I disagree. We've had far better defenders since Houlllier took over in Hyypia, Henchoz, Carra, and to a lesser extent Agger. Lovren is a couple of levels below, and Sakho is a few levels below again.

Who knows, it's not like any of those players played in such an open, attacking side as this. Lovren has been putting in performances week after week for over a year, now. I think most people can recognise that.

Who knows, it's not like any of those players played in such an open, attacking side as this. Lovren has been putting in performances week after week for over a year, now. I think most people can recognise that.

He has been decent for a year I agree but he still makes costly mistakes such as; the clearance he sliced against Palace, the ball he failed to clear against Bournemouth and to a lesser extent, he lost Walters for the Stoke's goal. We're only halfway through the season. I don't remember Hyypia or Carra make as many mistakes over the course of a season.

• Upvote 1

I disagree. We've had far better defenders since Houlllier took over in Hyypia, Henchoz, Carra, and to a lesser extent Agger. Lovren is a couple of levels below, and Sakho is a few levels below again. Like Matip, Van Dijk looks like he has the potential to reach the highest level, from the games I've seen. Hence I'd like to see him brought in to relegate Lovren to the bench. Sakho isn't even in the conversation anymore. That's why 3 Stacks got offended I think.

Is right. Some of the stuff you come up with is downright offensive. Do you write this shit with a straight face?

• Downvote 1

A "run rate analysis" ??? WTF are you on about mate ? Are you pissed cos the cricket thread is over on the Mighty GF.

Jet lagged... However my point was that if he is to play as well for the rest of the season as he has so far, he will have a much better season than Sakho has ever had for us.