You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

We haven't replaced Sakho. That's the problem. Had we signed a new defender to come in and be better than Lovren and form a top partnership with Matip, we wouldn't be discussing Sakho. The fact that we have a first choice pairing, who have injury niggles, and one of them is jittery, and the back up is not very good, then we have a midfielder or a kid to put in there, makes Sakho look better and better as each day passes.

When we sell him in the summer and replace him properly, the defence will be better. The big mistake was not getting a replacement as he was frozen out.

You are absolutely dead on about us fucking up by not replacing him....your assumptionn we will in the summer though whilst I am sure well intended is a pretty big one - we seem to be intent on stripping the squad bare and not covering the holes left, so don't be surprised if we don't replace Sakho.

• Upvote 1

You are absolutely dead on about us fucking up by not replacing him....your assumptionn we will in the summer though whilst I am sure well intended is a pretty big one - we seem to be intent on stripping the squad bare and not covering the holes left, so don't be surprised if we don't replace Sakho.

If we don't add a central defender in the summer - a good one at that, then the Sakho error will be compounded and questions should rightly be asked.

At their best together, Matip and Lovren looks decent. The problem is both have missed too many games this season, and Lovren gets a bit too rash if he's not on top form. Then there's a big drop in quality when one or both of them is out. We need a good central defender, probably to displace Lovren and form a new partnership with Matip.

I'd be made up with Tah, but he may be out of reach now, I don't know. I'd even be fine with someone like Keane, as he looks a decent all round player. There are options out there and we need to sign one of them!

Plus four other good signings, if we don't want to repeat the errors of this season when our lack of depth really hampered a promising season...

If we don't add a central defender in the summer - a good one at that, then the Sakho error will be compounded and questions should rightly be asked.

At their best together, Matip and Lovren looks decent. The problem is both have missed too many games this season, and Lovren gets a bit too rash if he's not on top form. Then there's a big drop in quality when one or both of them is out. We need a good central defender, probably to displace Lovren and form a new partnership with Matip.

I'd be made up with Tah, but he may be out of reach now, I don't know. I'd even be fine with someone like Keane, as he looks a decent all round player. There are options out there and we need to sign one of them!

Plus four other good signings, if we don't want to repeat the errors of this season when our lack of depth really hampered a promising season...

I agree with you totally - but i have zero faith in the club doing what clearly needs to be done.

The last 3 windows have shown us this stance is entirely reasonable as very obvious problems have not been dealt with and it could be argued in some cases have been exacerbated.

Let's see. The inbalance and lack of depth needs addressing if we are going to have any hope of putting up a decent fight on 4 fronts.

You'd like to think we wouldn't be as unlucky with injuries as well but that is no real excuse for such a paucity of options.

Realistically at present outgoings are more obvious than incomings and from a depth perspective i am very doubtful we will do enough to improve it enough whilst adding the nous, experience and quality we are in desperate need of as well.

Very true. If only we had two full transfer windows to replace him after that incident as opposed to pretending he was part of the squad until he missed brunch at high noon with the lads and then fucking him off.

You don't want the guy, sell him and fucking replace him. Don't harp on about the crimes he committed last year when you obviously weren't bothered by them when he was trotting out for your pre-season games.

Third time lucky, maybe? If not, I'm sure there's a teenager around we can replace Lucas with and call it a job done in central defense.

I still think in Klopp's mind Matip replaced Sakho and Klavan replaced Skrtel. The problem is that's more of a sideways move for the squad rather than a clear upgrade where you keep one of your better CBs and get rid of the worst. That's how good squads build, but we seem to have a one-in one-out policy for anyone on a decent wedge.

We changed Sakho, Lovren, Skrtel, Toure and Caulker for Matip, Lovren, Klavan, Lucas and Gomez. 

I get why he moved Sakho on, he sees no long term future for him here and wants to get as much for him as possible, which means he needs to be playing every week (preferably for a side who'll then sign him). But our squad is worse off for it, and it underlines just how much we gambled this season on a small group of players and took a punt that we might be able to pinch a CL place with it.

Mamadou Sakho says he served his punishment under Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool and “does not know what else he can do”, as he opened the door on a return to Anfield.

Sakho was loaned out to Crystal Palace in January after falling out of favour with Klopp and the centre-back has impressed in five Premier League games for Sam Allardyce’s men.

Allardyce is keen to sign the 27-year-old permanently, but admitted: “It would be a big negotiation at the end of the season.”

Now Sakho has spoken about his future and admitted he would be “happy” to return to his parent club.

“I still have a contract for three more years. If I were to wear the Liverpool jersey again, I would be happy to do so,” Sakho told Telefoot.

“I was late for training, something that happens everywhere. I paid a fine and I do not know what else I can do.

“It is up to the boss. He makes the decisions and I can only accept that.And we will see what happens if my future is elsewhere.”

Klopp recently said the door was open for Sakho to return at Anfield.

“That is nothing we have to decide in this moment. So that is it,” he told SFR Sport.

“He made his first appearance after a really long time [on February 25], and so all we have to do is to be focused on the season and this squad here.

“I will not talk to you about potential transfers we make, so it makes no sense to talk about players we gave on loan. We will see.”

You mean the ones that were not illegal?

Whether they were legal or not he was still an idiot for taking something that the club wasn't aware of and the fact that WADA still to this day say that it is illegal shows his lack of professionalism. If WADA had their way he'd still be banned now, I like him as a player and until all this came about he seemed like a good all round guy but he doesn't deserve to be at this club and he should have moved in the summer instead of playing for the under 23s.

Klopp was probably willing a replaceable 1st team member to act in a way so he could throw them aside and show the squad who's boss as Klopps methods work best when everyone buys into and all pulls the same way, he can't afford to have someone getting away with things that slightly undermine him.

If in the long run we improve our defence which isn't really that hard then Klopp will be vindicated in his decisions regarding Sakho, I think he's a decent enough player but for what he does is easily, easily replaceable.