You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham

Bjornebye

I think a lot of people are following football so they can hate other teams/players these days more than for the love of a club. It is the only explanation I can see for all this shite written on social media and chants at gamed more focused on mocking the opponents than supporting their own club.

But we haven't won anything yet. Its completely different to us dominating in the 70s and 80s, for me. Much less understandable.

Tottenham fans, Arsenal fans, Newcastle fans, West Ham fans, etc, that would prefer to see Chelsea or City win the league. Its fucking weird. If any of those clubs were in a title race with the two rich cunts, and we weren't in with a shout, I'd always want them to win it.

But if the likes of Chelsea or City win it, nobody really takes it seriously. It's the thought of Liverpool rising to the top again that provokes the jealousy. Give it a few years of Scouse rule and normal service will resume.
  • Upvote 1

But if the likes of Chelsea or City win it, nobody really takes it seriously. It's the thought of Liverpool rising to the top again that provokes the jealousy. Give it a few years of Scouse rule and normal service will resume.

Agreed. I don't have a problem with other clubs hating us, it means they're afraid. Chelsea and City effectively play in their own league so I'd always rather they win it than a United, Arsenal or Spurs.

He's not all bad that Sam fella

Sam Allardyce says West Ham will do everything to beat Manchester City on Sunday because "everyone would like to see Liverpool win it".

Manchester City need just a point to be sure of winning their title in six years, but if they lose to West Ham at the Etihad and Liverpool win their game at Anfield against Newcastle, the Reds will be crowned champions.

West Ham have little to play for having already secured Premier League football for another season. Yet Allardyce insists that won't mean they will roll over.

"From a neutral's point of view I think everybody would like to see Liverpool win it, and from a personal point of view I'd like to see Steven Gerrard win it," said the West Ham manager.

"It's the last thing for him which he hasn't quite achieved at Liverpool. He's been a one club man all his life. Obviously they've let it slip out of their hands. They had it to take, but they've now left it in the hands of Manchester City.

"We all know Man City in full cry are very difficult to play against. We've got to go out there and give a fantastic performance to stop them trying to grasp the title on that day."

The 20 most shocking moments of the 2013/14 Premier League season

West Ham's record against Manuel Pellegrini's side this season is terrible. They've played them three times, conceding 12 goals in the process, including a 9-0 aggregate drubbing in the Capital One Cup semi-finals. Allardyce is well aware of the task facing his side on Sunday.

"Of course that will be hugely difficult - this is the best team at home in the league. They've only lost once, against Chelsea, their goal record is fantastic and they've got great, great players."

Allardyce would like to see Steven Gerrard lift the title

He continued: "So every player on top of his form, every player can go out and give everything they've got from the basis we're already in the Premier League next season.

"Let's try and spoil Manchester City's

Mrs O'T is a West Ham fan and she's off to Manchester tomorrow, while I'm at Anfield.  Last night she had a dream that West Ham won 2-0 and Liverpool won 4-1.  I've told her that if this happens, when she gets back to Lime Street in her West Ham scarf, she will be carried shoulder-high through the streets, like a conquering hero.

(Incidentally, you notice that we can't even keep a clean sheet in dreams!)

• Upvote 1

Mrs O'T is a West Ham fan and she's off to Manchester tomorrow, while I'm at Anfield.  Last night she had a dream that West Ham won 2-0 and Liverpool won 4-1.  I've told her that if this happens, when she gets back to Lime Street in her West Ham scarf, she will be carried shoulder-high through the streets, like a conquering hero.

If west ham lose or draw, do you have a plan B? The greats would have the divorce papers waiting to be handed to her should that scenario arise.

(Incidentally, you notice that we can't even keep a clean sheet in dreams!)

Just watching Football Focus now. Love this crowning of City a day before the final day. Let's just hope their players turn up at the Etihad in a similar frame of mind. Their fans certainly think it's done and dusted, so a few murmurings could creep in if things aren't going to plan early on.

Annoys me to be back under the great Andy Carroll conditional factor, afuckingain.

"If" he's fully fit."

"If he fancies it."

"If the ball is put into the right area"

" If he's trying to impresses Hodgson"

And so fucking on it goes.

I can only think you have never spent any length of time in other towns and city throughout the country. Lots of people dislike Scousers, many of whom don't actually know why.

Ive been aware of clubs in London's dislike of lfc but some of the things Ive seen on forums recently has shocked me.

A spurs fan on glory glory said they would prefer arse to win the title then us and on arsenal mania most wanted Chelsea to win it ahead of us.

The level of dislike towards lfc is far higher then I thought and as Ive been saying for weeks neutrals wanting us to win is bollocks.

If Carroll saves the day take Victor Moses, Aspas and Cissokho's medals away from them and give them all to Big Andy, pick him up from the Etihad immediately and send him out with the rest of the team for the open top bus parade.

• Upvote 1

I actually hate having to rely on big Andy, stewey, joey cole and fat sam to give me hope that I can have one of the greatest days of my life. I feel like I've been told that I've a 2-3% chance survival rate from a disease and I just want to have the operation straight away rather than wait another day.

Don't give a toss what fans of other teams say about us.

I've never subscribed to the revelling in others failure or 'supporting' another team over another when it does not affect us mentallity - if we don't win things i am totally indifferent to whoever does when we aren't in the running.