You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The point that wins us the title

Diddyman

I'm going to be positive here, everyone else is giving the title to City now, which will hopefully lead to complacency on their part. What that point does is guarantee that we go to the last game of the season with a chance. Anything can happen in a game if football, most of it has happened to us. So with hope in my heart, as unlikely as it might be, I'm not giving up. Sometimes, only needing a draw, can be the worst thing that can happen to a team. I still believe!!!

It has been a great season. The last game against Newcastle will be a great occasion whatever the result, and making it so is partly up to us.

Remember where we were, only three years ago. Let's make some noise and show appreciation for the football we have experienced this year.

• Downvote 1

Now that I've rested my head I'll agree with the OP. We've taken it to the last game, City can do it with a draw and a win but at least they still need a positive result somewhere. Let's hope it's the Villa that came to Anfield and not the one with their beachwear on and Sam brings his buses in. But whatever happens to have taken it to the wire only 3 or so years after being mere minutes from going out of existence it's been an immense ride.

Don't do it to yourselves lads. It's not going to happen now. We've been brilliant but we were knackered last night and have been for some time now.

No loss in coming second sometimes, especially where we've come from. Stepping stone to go and tear the cunt up next season. Win by a record points gap. It's on.

I'm still in. Truth is stranger than fiction. Anything is possible if the mathematics proves it.

City can go to sleep. It only takes a momentary lapse of concentration.

Lets celebrate the last game, at the home of great football-enjoy the ride. Take it out on The Toon.

Who knows what will be, when the final whistle blows.