You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lee Mason

CHRISTROW

You do realise he is sat next to our bench don't you and that he is saying it to who he is sat next to?

The person who bangs there fist on the wooden panel behind him is my boss. She said that he did say to her "game on" to long after they scored and he sad it in aspect of how a neutral would say it "Game on here lads"

Absolutely nothing to see here.

However Lee Mason is still and will always be a cunt.

• Upvote 1

I know that refs are only human but there's too much satisfaction bordering on excitement in his body language as he says that for my liking.

He seems quite happy that City scored and although this added to the spectacle surely as a referee who is paid to be there as fourth official he should be detached altogether when a goal goes in.  He isn't just a neutral spectator.

Very unprofessional at best.

You do realise he is sat next to our bench don't you and that he is saying it to who he is sat next to?

The person who bangs there fist on the wooden panel behind him is my boss. She said that he did say to her "game on" to long after they scored and he sad it in aspect of how a neutral would say it "Game on here lads"

Absolutely nothing to see here.

However Lee Mason is still and will always be a cunt.

A few facts like that won't satisfy the mob in full cry. 

It's Mariner at Norwich in case anyone missed it. Is he a bent cunt I can't remember ?

Are people forgetting about the Fulham game he reffed when rafa was here where he sent two players off and looked like he set out to fuck us over that day.

I remember rafa saying afterwards he had told the players to go nowhere near him as he had been giving strange decisions in all our games he reffed prior to that and he still fucked us that game.

Ive always been wary of him since then and fear getting him on games, hes never been as bad as that day but hes still been poor most times we have had him.

I don't really believe that any refs are outright corrupt, they'd just be risking too much to be outright biased but I do think the 50/50's are influenced by how much they like the player/club, how they were treated that day,their like/dislike of a certain player and they are obviously are all footy fans so they must like/dislike certain clubs. I don't think they would outright rule entirely against a certain club but I'm sure it influences the 50/50's.

If he said "game on" then maybe he's enjoying an enthralling long title race and a great game? Like the ref who celebrated when he played a good advantage.

Whilst I moan and gripe about refs, they've put more time and effort into the game of football than anyone on this forum and when all is said and done they love the sport.

Of course they'll get swayed occasionally, almost sub consciously, lets hope that it's for us not against.

• Upvote 1

If I was a ref none of our rivals would get 50/50's from me, it's only natural. Oh and Lee Mason is a cunt, done us proper at Portsmouth a few years ago, then Fulham too, also let Huth stamp on Suarez even AFTER reviewing TV footage. 

If he said "game on" then maybe he's enjoying an enthralling long title race and a great game? Like the ref who celebrated when he played a good advantage.

Mike Reed (not the blue comedian of later EastEnders fame):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/fa_carling_premiership/639455.stm

_639455_reed300.jpg

Referee Mike Reed has been "severely reprimanded" by the Premier League over his celebratory gesture during last weekend's clash between Liverpool and Leeds.

Reed was seen to clench his fist after Patrik Berger put Liverpool 2-1 ahead.

He has since claimed he was congratulating himself on his decision to play advantage, which led to the goal.

As a result, Reed has been removed from officiating the match between Everton and Newcastle on 19 March.

Premier League spokesman Mike Lee said: "Having considered the available information, we have issued a reprimand and a warning to Mike Reed for his actions on 5 February.

"While we understand the emotions involved, it is essential that match officials do not make gestures which could lead to misinterpretation.

"The impartiality of our officials must not be open to question.

"It does not help when public comments are made by an official while the matter is still under consideration by the League.

"Mr Reed has been warned to keep his emotions under control in future or face further action. Instead of refereeing the televised game at Everton (against Newcastle) on March 19, he is to be appointed to an alternative game."

To be fair, it was a great goal. EDIT: From around 1:30 here: