You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ah, see I dont do that twitter or anything so wouldnt have seen such before. not much of one for the social media, just something I kept thinking I was seeing this season.

Anyway, if we keep putting away ridiculous numbers of goals per game he can celebrate like Kenneth Williams for all I care!

That's the one, Boss. Awful.

That must of been created by a Manc on the windup, i refuse to accept any real Liverpool fan could of created that. What's worse is it plays right into the hands of the RAWK-ish, cringe inducing romanticism of a portion of our fan base, and makes us all look like complete bell ends in the process.

I'm sick at the prospect of Suarez leaving, and have been all season.

But the way Rodgers has developed the squad, improved individual players, and adjusted his tactics on the fly has me less worried than I might otherwise be.

It's clear that the key person at (almost) any top team is the manager. And Rodgers looks like the real thing.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

A man of great taste.

That is fucking brilliant. The shit some people come out with is quality. Unfortunately I'm going to have to listen to Dre 2001 now.

• 2 weeks later...
Why do clubs always do this? Its usually the kiss of death for a manager too.

Surely there is no rush to do this either as we are obviously paying him enough to indulge in expensive orthodontal treatment.

My only concern with Brendan is that he is making a virtue out of only having one way to play - we'll score more goals than you.

There seems to be an attempt to claim the moral high ground and, potentially, a refusal to accept there are times when we need to be able to defend and close games out.

I think we have had a great season and I've enjoyed every minute (even Monday) but I would hope there is a pragmatic review of our approach being undertaken and, if not a Plan B, a tweak or two in appropriate circumstances being considered.

• Upvote 1

I had a dream last night that a car garage charged me £24,000 for a service. Rodgers was the manager of the garage when I went to complain.

Bound to be some sort of subliminal message there for Sunday. Fucked if I can see it though.

Hope its back to shaggin Claire Danes tonight.

Brendan Rogers has class....

"Class never runs scared. It is sure-footed and confident in the knowledge that you can meet life head-on and handle whatever comes along.

Those who have class have wrestled with their own personal “angel” and won a victory that marks them thereafter.

Class never makes excuses. It takes its lumps and learns from past mistakes.

Class is considerate of others. It knows that good manners are nothing more than a series of petty sacrifices.

Class bespeaks an aristocracy that has nothing to do with ancestors or money. The most affluent blue blood can be totally without class while the descendant of a Welsh miner may ooze class from every pore.

Class never tries to build itself up by tearing others down. Class is already up and need not strive to look better by making others look worse.

Class can “walk with kings and keep it’s virtue, and talk with crowds and keep the common touch.” Everyone is comfortable with the person who has class- because he is comfortable with himself.

If you have class, you don’t need much of anything else. If you don’t have it, no matter what else you have – it doesn’t make much difference."

Howard E. Ferguson, Author of The Edge

Made up with that contract being signed. The style of play, the tactical flexibility and the way he handles the media are all what you would want from a manager

Hopefully that little hint at a link to Luke Shaw for the right price is true as well. Perfect signing for us. Might be worthwhile making the centreback signing someone who can play right back aswell, more of an old fashioned fullback signing. That way when the left back is in the opposition box we've got a bit more defensive nous at the back

Now obviously we've made huge strides in the 2 seasons Rodgers has been here, but here's a breakdown of how that progress has been made in terms of results by half-season.

2012/13:

P 19...W 06...D 07...L 06...Pts 25...Highest Pos 08...Lowest Pos 18

P 19...W 10...D 06...L 03...Pts 36...Highest Pos 06...Lowest Pos 09...Final Pos 07

2013/14:

P 19...W 11...D 03...L 05...Pts 36...Highest Pos 01...Lowest Pos 05

P 19...W 15...D 03...L 01...Pts 48...Highest Pos 01...Lowest Pos 04...Final Pos 02

Even with Swansea, Rodgers managed to greatly improve results in the second half of the season. With Swansea 2 years ago and also Liverpool last season, a big reason for that was the huge success of his January signings. This year he didn't have that boost but still managed to achieve a significant improvement in results. If he can achieve 48 points by the halfway stage next season and improve on that by around 10 points more in the second half of the season, that is a guaranteed league win!

• 1 month later...

Another picture:

Bq_Sf_DOBIYAAdt_SJ.jpg

She is Charlotte Hind, the guy is Michael Gordon, a major player at FSG:

"In the fall of 2010, the first hints of a growing role emerged when he joined the board of directors for Liverpool. As the member of the ownership group with the most grounding in soccer, Gordon quickly became a critical figure in the daily running of LFC.

"He is, by far, FSG America’s most knowledgeable person with regard to soccer and is involved on the football side daily in constant communication with the members of our football committee and our manager," Henry wrote. "He took a lead role just about the same time as we brought in Brendan Rodgers [who became manager of Liverpool in June 2012]. All of us give him a lot of credit for Liverpool’s improvement over the past 18 months."

Meaning?

"He runs Liverpool," one industry source said. "He's the point person [among FSG owners] for the people in Liverpool. If it wasn't for him, it wouldn't function."

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/alex-speier/2014/02/19/other-owner-how-mike-gordon-has-become-key-red