You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Malaysian Boeing 777 goes missing

Red Banjo

If the plane doesn't break up, or does so minimally, there might not be so much debris. It took 5 days to find the air france crash about 10 years ago, and that was largely due to floating debris... but if the mainframe remains largely intact it'll just sink.

What's the chance of a glorified coca Cola can with wings, hitting the sea at 500mph and staying in tact though?

Slim and none that's what.

Some things are odd. It seems illogical to fly a plane for 7 hours only to dump it in the drink. But I just can't see how it could have landed without anybody noticing. The level of collusion in hijacking a jumbo jet. Then keeping 237 people quiet is just impossible.

I mean if you tell your missus something, and say to her. "dont tell anyone, the first thing she does is tell someone"

Now say that secret is known by over 200 people. How the fuck does that stay quiet?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I don't see much of an issue with hijacking gone wrong. After all that happened in 9/11 (so they believe) except that was over land. There's a fair chance things went tits up over water.

I'm not buying that a pilot of many years is suddenly going to become a hijacker, and if he's troubled by something political / personal (suicidal) then surely he'd go out with a bang (if he's trying to make a statement)?

The younger pilot's not out of the question. He could spend 5 years training JUST to carry out a terrorist act, but either way, it looks like it's not gone according to plan.

What's the chance of a glorified coca Cola can with wings, hitting the sea at 500mph and staying in tact though?

Slim and none that's what.

Some things are odd. It seems illogical to fly a plane for 7 hours only to dump it in the drink. But I just can't see how it could have landed without anybody noticing. The level of collusion in hijacking a jumbo jet. Then keeping 237 people quiet is just impossible.

I mean if you tell your missus something, and say to her. "dont tell anyone, the first thing she does is tell someone"

Now say that secret is known by over 200 people. How the fuck does that stay quiet?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Not necessarily entirely intact, but if the wings are lost but the main section stays relatively intact, then it sinks. There might be a bit of debris floating, but not enough to be seen. It's only if all the cushions and luggage escape that it's going to be seen (even then it's a lot of area to search). Not many planes crash into the sea without blowing up first), and the one on Hudson bay managed to stay intact, admittedly during a semi controlled landing and not in seriously open water.

It smacks of these fuckers.

impossible_mission_force_imf.gif

Has anyone seen Cruise since it was hijacked?

44692000001_1317886102001_Mission-Imposs

I reckon they're going to re-brand it in Ukranian Airline colours, then crash it while flying over Crimea, claiming the Russians shot it down as a pretext for landing US troops on Ukranian soil.

Or I just have a vivid imagination.

• Upvote 1

Switching the transponders off was a ploy to make it look like the plane had ditched East of the Malay peninsula - at night, This threw the search and rescue effort miles off the scent once it was clear the flight had vanished. Which bought the hijackers time. (Whoever controlled the plane didn't bank on the engine pings though). Now, I don't know if the plane would need its transponders 'on' to gain GPS signals to land at a designated airstrip. If so, then keeping the transponders off and flying blind, may have sealed it's fate.

Or it was shot down once identified as rogue.

Or as I said earlier: Africans.

• Upvote 1

Adam, I think you need to take a step back and stop taking all the info released at face value.

Everything I mentioned is being widely reported as the "known facts". Whether it followed another 777 is speculative, but the altitude changes, the route changes, the engines being active 6 hours after last contact... that's all fact.

I don't need to take no steps nowhere Dougie  :huh:

Here's the theory on the stalking of another flight http://my.news.yahoo.com/could-missing-mh370-stalked-sia-flight-north-possible-225900110.html

This is the first morning I have woken up and there has been literally no new information. They just don't have a scooby doo!

This is the first morning I have woken up and there has been literally no new information. They just don't have a scooby doo!

Have you already heard that there is now doubt about the 2 transponders being turned off at different times, raising again the possibility of a 'catastrophic' incident