You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

Brilliant player. Not liking the Real Madrid rumours. Apparently the boss of the Egyptian FA and the manager of the national team have both confirmed Real are planning a bid for Salah in the summer. If history has taught us anything it's that when either of the cunt clubs Barca or Real come calling for one of our players, they inevitably leave. Hopefully we can hold out this time....

Brilliant player. Not liking the Real Madrid rumours. Apparently the boss of the Egyptian FA and the manager of the national team have both confirmed Real are planning a bid for Salah in the summer. If history has taught us anything it's that when either of the cunt clubs Barca or Real come calling for one of our players, they inevitably leave. Hopefully we can hold out this time....

Won't happen unless the owners change the policy they have and offer wages like what City and the Mancs do. We will just end up in this loop of losing our best players rather than keeping them and building on what we have.

Will be hard if he wants away.

• Upvote 1

He’s been here 6 months and people are falling over themselves to sell him at the first opportunity. It comes a point when you have to start questioning if the negativity around this club is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Yep. The club is probably at its strongest both on and off the pitch as it has for years yet all that stands out is constant negativity. I am not saying everything is fine and dandy. It is just not as dark as is being made out. Without optimism there is no hope after all.

He’s been here 6 months and people are falling over themselves to sell him at the first opportunity. It comes a point when you have to start questioning if the negativity around this club is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Nobody want's us to sell him there's a couple of issue's I see though.

Real Madrid struggling badly at the moment is not good as the way they tend to respond to having a bad season is getting a new manager in and buying a couple of players for record transfer fee's.

Seeing as Salah is one of the best player's in the league at the moment he'll certainly be one of  of the targets.

• Upvote 1

Nobody want's us to sell him there's a couple of issue's I see though.

Real Madrid struggling badly at the moment is not good as the way they tend to respond to having a bad season is getting a new manager in and buying a couple of players for record transfer fee's.

Seeing as Salah is one of the best player's in the league at the moment he'll certainly be one of  of the targets.

This

...as well the prescededent was set with Countinho that if the player wants out he goes.

• Upvote 1

Won't happen unless the owners change the policy they have and offer wages like what City and the Mancs do. We will just end up in this loop of losing our best players rather than keeping them and building on what we have.

It was widely reported both Suarez and Phil,  both took a pay cut when joining Barca from us.

Clubs will always look to buy good players. It is a sign that we have those good players that they may be linked with them. At the moment all the talk about Salah is created by an ex Real manager who manages Egypt. Any club making a bid for Salah will get short change out of the club in my opinion. And sorry but Coutinho did not set any precedent Kevin Keegan, Torres and Suarez set that before him.

No one wants him to go. Except maybe John Henry. That's not being negative, it's reality.

When the club starts keeping it's best players and investing in the team instead of this cycle of sell to buy we might get somewhere.

We need to keep the current front 3. Buy a top class keeper, midfielder and forward to progress.

• Upvote 1

Torres, Suarez, Coutinho; all part of the same precedent, that being that top players want to leave measly clubs that never win trophies, and fat cat Yankee financiers all to happy to receive bundles of cash. Departure of Keegan, Rush etc was generations ago — and entirely different beasts.

Torres, Suarez, Coutinho; all part of the same precedent, that being that top players want to leave measly clubs that never win trophies, and fat cat Yankee financiers all to happy to receive bundles of cash. Departure of Keegan, Rush etc was generations ago — and entirely different beasts.

McManaman? Owen?

Undoubtetly the best player in the world right now. End of discussion. Well done to the scouting department, and Klopp for letting them pressure him into signing him.

Still has shit to learn though doesn’t he?

He missed and scuffed a few opportunities against Spurs - one in particular stands out - I think it was early 2nd half, he tried a reverse pass out to the right flank on a breakout, but Firmino had made a superb run into the box. Mo ignored the run having seen it. That’s a poor decision, and ‘the world’s best’ have an instinct for that sort of thing.

I love the guy to bits, but his game needs to develop more.

I genuinely believe nobody can afford him this summer:-

Madrid have prioritised Hazard and Courtois, Barca seem to be looking at Griezmann and PSG will have to pay for Mbappe, and I can’t see us allowing him to move to another English club.

My vote is let’s just enjoy watching him and hopefully he will be here for many years to come and we can build a team around him and Keita.

This doesn’t require a counter argument about net spend and trying to sell him for a massive profit.

I genuinely believe nobody can afford him this summer:-

Madrid have prioritised Hazard and Courtois, Barca seem to be looking at Griezmann and PSG will have to pay for Mbappe, and I can’t see us allowing him to move to another English club.

My vote is let’s just enjoy watching him and hopefully he will be here for many years to come and we can build a team around him and Keita.

This doesn’t require a counter argument about net spend and trying to sell him for a massive profit.

I could see Everton coming in for him