You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Netflix

VladimirIlyich

• 10 months later...

Does anyone use AmazonPrime (the video streaming service)? I like the look of its movie section more than Netflix, lots of horror films and it's got Mad Men and Parks and Recreation both of which I've wanted to start watching, not to mention Rocko's Modern Life.. 

I've hardly heard anyone ever mention it though. I think it might be bigger in America because they have a HBO deal but I might give the 30-day free trial a whirl, see what it's like 

Does anyone use AmazonPrime (the video streaming service)? I like the look of its movie section more than Netflix, lots of horror films and it's got Mad Men and Parks and Recreation both of which I've wanted to start watching, not to mention Rocko's Modern Life.. 

I've hardly heard anyone ever mention it though. I think it might be bigger in America because they have a HBO deal but I might give the 30-day free trial a whirl, see what it's like 

i use it, but that's because I get it for nothing - it's ok, not great.

• Upvote 1

I got it, the interface is a bit annoying and it's not easy to navigate. Made even worse by all the pay per view nonsense on there I have no interest in.

It has some good films and probably a stronger line up of TV right now (Oz, Deadwood, Mad Men and Community all on my watchlist right now). It seems to get fewer, but higher quality releases.

• Upvote 1

I have Amazon Prime though barely used it as I don't watch a great deal of TV. Apparently it took over Love Film's library if you were familiar with that. I occasionally get buffering and freezing issues, though I can't be certain whether that's the fault of my ISP.

• Downvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Don't quote me but I think you can have the same account on 5 or 6 devices and two people can watch at the same time anyway. You can have up to four people watching the same account but you need to upgrade for that.

So should be fine.

I use Amazon Prime/Lovefilm, £5.99 a month is fine with me, they haven't added much for a couple of months but there's usually something to watch. I also pay the £2 a month so they send out the latest blu rays in the post.

I can remember paying about £3.50 for a two night rental out of Blockbuster so don't have a problem with the cost at all.

Pay for TV and Movies?

What sort of madness is this?

XBMC

£7.99 a month is a drop in the ocean compared to what I spend on drink, really doesn't bother me.

I quite like a trip to the pictures too & buying loads of CDs.

we're paying so that you don't have to.

Seriously I do feel guilty sometimes when I watch a really great film for free. And I wish I had gone the cinema to see it. I would pay twice the admission fee.

However the number of films I have watched and thought thank F*** I did not pay 10 quid plus wife plus kids plus popcorn plus nachos plus shit coke etc to see that bollocks.

A good film I will not watch at home but a film like eg the top one just now Sex Tape. I would not bother my arse to go to the cinema if it was free so watching it at home does not bother me. (not that I will even bother watching that at home)

£7.99 a month is a drop in the ocean compared to what I spend on drink, really doesn't bother me.

I quite like a trip to the pictures too & buying loads of CDs.

7.99 is nothing like a drop in the ocean thought is it. I don't know your details, obviously, but our whole culture appears to be built on bits and bobs here there and everywhere, meanwhile we all owe the bank 100k for the place in which we live. I'm not paying for tele. Except my licence fee if you are watching van man.

7.99 is nothing like a drop in the ocean thought is it. I don't know your details, obviously, but our whole culture appears to be built on bits and bobs here there and everywhere, meanwhile we all owe the bank 100k for the place in which we live. I'm not paying for tele. Except my licence fee if you are watching van man.

Fair enough, mate.

Agreed on the bits & bobs, people make a load of money out of fresh air these days & I'm in the process of getting the £100K from the Bank so am well versed in it at the moment.

Good luck with it mate. It is nonsense paying as much as we do for a bed and a toilet.

I was on holiday one time in Jamaica and the guide showed us this shack by the side of the road and said that is how most of the locals live. One room. Bed and communal toilet. Shit I thought f*** that. Next we will show you......... she said.

I stayed and was chatting to the bloke who lived in the 'shack' turns out he divorced his wife and left her the house moved out where he was has no cleaning to do, catches fish for his tea, has shagged pretty much every woman in the village, has a tan, stoned as Bob Marley, no car, no shit, no job.

Food weed and fanny in that order is what he left me with.

I went away jealous of that man in his shack.

• Upvote 2