You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool Supporters' Union - SOS Response to Paul Tyrrell document

I cant see the wood for the trees

Block of bullshit and who the fuck is Andrew, you creep? I've met a few of the Kop Faithful, they know my real name.

I wanna know why debate involving the union has failed to evolve on this forum in the last 4 years. Why is it that you nasty products of Thatcher continue to snipe at a group of Liverpool supporters?

Football - the working man's game.

Now hijacked by the middle and upper class who have been cheered on by the vomit of Thatcherism.

You've long drowned in your own bullshit, Gallagher. You don't even try to see beyond the trivialities that consume your ample self.

CP is your poster boy. You labelled anyone whose focus was on the owners and Purslow as Rafapologists. You were and continue to be a whirlwind of tedium. Forum quicksand ready to absorb any perspective beyond your narrow view. Now you're so hard faced in your ignorance that you'll accuse others of damaging the union's reputation when only a few years ago that's all you sought to do on this forum.

Enough about that though. Trying to point out your shortcomings to you really is an effort in futility.

Tory dog in another thread used the words 'effort in futility' in describing the union's planned protests against rising ticket prices. I've always thought that the idea of protesting was more a process of showing dissent, encouraging others to join and furthering your message. Results are very rarely immediate. Especially when talking about a grassroots movement.

Then Funneeee shitpipe chimes in with vote with your feet. Well, what about those who have already been priced out? The young and old who can no longer afford to go the match - who speaks for them? Or should they just quit their stink and pipe down like good peasants?

An effort in futility - well, come the revolution the game itself maybe seen as just that once we attain a higher state of consciousness.

In 2008 a group of supporters decided on making a stand against those destroying their football club. On forums such as this they were much maligned for doing so. 5 years on, nothing has changed, attitudes remain the same. The working man standing up for himself cant get a fair shake even from those he's stood next to.

I want the debate to evolve, I want to talk about the real crooks. I'd like to see more and more supporters speaking out against the continuing rise in ticket prices. The rip off that is going the match nowadays, the contempt shown by club owners towards fans. Let's have a vent.

Look up, not down.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think all groups are formed by people willing to get of their arse. That's the whole basis, they all started out with the intention of helping LFC, they had passion. I never agreed with that bloke off here, Kyall was it. But whether you do or don’t agree, they all had enough of a passion to put time in, physically change things and not just type on a website. Things always evolve, then invariably splits form as is the case in all protest groups. I may not like them or what they've become, but I respect them.

Wasn't one of the SOS bullet points back in the early days to back the manager in any case I remember reading?

I think you read something and then clumsily twisted it to fit your tiny scope.

The link between manager and supporters has been seen as sacred since the days of Shankly. It's to do with protecting that link regardless of who is in charge. Holy trinity and all that, although applying that mentality gets a bit tricky when someone like Roy Hodgson is manager. I understand that's hard for you to comprehend when Benitez colours your thoughts and opinions.

If I've been trolling the forum for years then I've still not reached your heady heights of claiming Benitez was as much to blame for the club's state as Hicks and Gillett.

Obviously, to your mind pointing out the absurdity of such a claim makes me a Benitez sympathiser/obsessive.

,hat about those who have already been priced out? The young and old who can no longer afford to go the match - who speaks for them?

I want the debate to evolve, I want to talk about the real crooks. I'd like to see more and more supporters speaking out against the continuing rise in ticket prices. The rip off that is going the match nowadays, the contempt shown by club owners towards fans.

Good points.

Obviously, to your mind pointing out the absurdity of such a claim makes me a Benitez sympathiser/obsessive.

Is this what it now boils down to? I'm not having a pop at you this time, but is this argument still about who supported or didn't support a certain manager? If so, that is really fucked up.

The link between manager and supporters has been seen as sacred since the days of Shankly. It's to do with protecting that link regardless of who is in charge. Holy trinity and all that' date=' although applying that mentality gets a bit tricky when someone like Roy Hodgson is manager. I understand that's hard for you to comprehend when Benitez colours your thoughts and opinions.

If I've been trolling the forum for years then I've still not reached your heady heights of claiming Benitez was as much to blame for the club's state as Hicks and Gillett.

Obviously, to your mind pointing out the absurdity of such a claim makes me a Benitez sympathiser/obsessive.[/quote']

Coro, you've been a disgrace in this thread. I hope you've got the decency and the balls to apologise to John as well.

I want the debate to evolve, I want to talk about the real crooks. I'd like to see more and more supporters speaking out against the continuing rise in ticket prices. The rip off that is going the match nowadays, the contempt shown by club owners towards fans. Let's have a vent.

Look up, not down.

Here's a thought - if you cut out the incessant personal abuse, there's a chance that some debate might evolve.

Here's a thought - if you cut out the incessant personal abuse, there's a chance that some debate might evolve.

Possibly, but debate on here does not work like it does in the pub, does it? It takes an age to get the simplest of points across, and more often than not people give up before the message has been translated. What pisses coro off I think is that the last place you'd expect the SOS to be getting abuse is on one of the most well known Liverpool forums. I agree that they are not perfect and could do certain things better, but the shit they get on here is embarrassing.

Coro, you've been a disgrace in this thread. I hope you've got the decency and the balls to apologise to John as well.

Showing your colours there, Stringy. All depends on what side you've placed yourself on, as if there needs to be sides like. Try a bit of objectivity. Inject it in to your good parts. I'd probably be less of a disgrace then and you'd be pulling up others for spreading falsehoods about Liverpool supporters.

You've just dipped in here unaware to what's going on but at least you're on your high horse, feeling good.

No debate to be had with an angry gobshite.

I can't see the point in those who think they're a cut above in some way hovering about the debate as if it needs their commentary.

At some point you'll take exception to a comment, lose your rag, then later apologise, mention Rogan Taylor and pretty much stifle us all with your squareness.

You think you're objective whilst rallying around your forum buddies.

Was it not important to get rid of the owners anymore or what was it?

I think it was ordinary folk trying to understand the circumstances their football club was facing.

I find the attitude from some, towards those people, insulting.

Seems the insults can only go one way.

I see people openly supporting/defending businessmen whilst slandering groups of supporters.

There's a middle ground but ego's rule the roost, as ever.

I think it was ordinary folk trying to understand the circumstances their football club was facing.

I find the attitude from some, towards those people, insulting.

Seems the insults can only go one way.

I see people openly supporting/defending businessmen whilst slandering groups of supporters.

There's a middle ground but ego's rule the roost, as ever.

Whats this got to do with my question Coro.

you asked what was it and i replied with I think it was ordinary folk trying to understand the circumstances their football club was facing.

So after starting up with protetsts and marches they decided to not do it anymore when it gained momentum because they were ordinary people trying to understand what the club went through, is that what you are saying?