You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate it when he's winning everything because the others just give up and cash their cheques.

That said,theres quite a few players who raise their game for the Majors so that should keep things interesting.

I like the look of that Olesen lad but not sure if hes in the field.

As much as I enjoyed seeing Tiger struggle I also think it is pretty incredible to see him rise to the top again. Think he needs a major to seal his return but if Rory sorts his shit out then it could get interesting at the top.

Agree. I think Tiger is ace. Golf needs him. When he is on top of his game, nobody stands a chance. Hopefully he wins the Masters, as the first one will be the hardest - and it will make the other majors far more entertaining with the others upping their game to get near him.

Rory is really struggling with his new clubs, so i can't see him in the mix just yet. Once he gets used to them, he'll be back though.

Hate it when he's winning everything because the others just give up and cash their cheques.

That said,theres quite a few players who raise their game for the Majors so that should keep things interesting.

I like the look of that Olesen lad but not sure if hes in the field.

I just think a great Tiger Woods is what any Tournament needs,but as you said players raise there game.

I like Justin Rose but he just hasn't got that killer touch,he has just finished runner up to Tiger so it would be good to see him there and there abouts.

I think Keegan Bradley has a decent chance at winning the Masters. It's probably my favourite tournament to watch, so I will be glued to the telly. Can't rule out Tiger, of course. Bubba Watson won it last year, and sooner or later Rory has to start clicking with his new Nike bats. But for an 'outsider' (if it is possible to call him that) I reckon Keegan Bradley has a decent chance.

I think Keegan Bradley has a decent chance at winning the Masters. It's probably my favourite tournament to watch, so I will be glued to the telly. Can't rule out Tiger, of course. Bubba Watson won it last year, and sooner or later Rory has to start clicking with his new Nike bats. But for an 'outsider' (if it is possible to call him that) I reckon Keegan Bradley has a decent chance.

With you being in America you're lucky that you get the whole day's play. We only get the last few hours here.

With you being in America you're lucky that you get the whole day's play. We only get the last few hours here.

Hope Woods doesn't win as don't want to see him beat Nicklaus's record.

Plus can't stand him either which also comes into the mix.

The Americans only get to see what we get over here Robbie, those restrictions apply to all TV, the pictures we get are those shown by CBS Sports.

As for Tiger's prospects, I can see him having to hit a lot of his second balls from the pine needles as is still looking pretty wayward and has been really struggling with his driver. His putting looks phenomenal however and he is brilliant at getting himself out of trouble if he does find the trees.

I might have little each way bets on Charl Schwartzel who has been looking impressive recently and is a former winner, and Matt Kuchar who lives in Georgia and will get massive support from the locals. It would be brilliant to see Tiger and Rory go head to head on the final day though.

Love this tournament.

Tiger is hitting form at the right time and will rightly be favourite for the win, but as mentioned earlier, some of the younger players on the tour don't have the mental scars of the all conquering Tiger of the earlier late 90's, earlier 2000's.

Will have a look at the odds over the next week to see who I fancy but I reckon Justin Rose is in with a decent e/w shout.

Its my least favourite of all the majors because it outsnobs,or tries to,all the british stuff and only the top 30 or 50 players plus a load of invites and other bollocks.

US Open is the one I like and the British Open,as long as its not at the pitch n' putt called St Andrews.

So two of your least favourite majors are Augusta and The Open when played at the home of golf?

WTF!

So two of your least favourite majors are Augusta and The Open when played at the home of golf?

WTF!

The British Open is brilliant except for that outdated Old Course where they expect to score a birdie on every hole.

Both the New course and Jubilee have to give a better option,surely?

I like Majors to be a solid test rather than games of nearest to the pin.

The British Open is brilliant except for that outdated Old Course where they expect to score a birdie on every hole.

Both the New course and Jubilee have to give a better option,surely?

I like Majors to be a solid test rather than games of nearest to the pin.

I agree I like a test (Augusta being one of the toughest).

When the wind is up at St Andrews then it becomes a mighty test.

I agree I like a test (Augusta being one of the toughest).

When the wind is up at St Andrews then it becomes a mighty test.

Ive got no objection to the course at Augusta, although it could argued with merit that a Major shouldnt be held at the same course every year but thats another debate, its just the snobbiness and restrictions that go with it that piss me off.

I will still watch almost every second of it though as there is very little golf on terrestrial telly at the moment.