You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

I admit I have been a supporter of Rodgers but now it's time for him to go. Can people just chill with the "fuck off Rodgers" and the vitriol towards him. It's bang out of order - he gave us a fuckin great time last season. He deserves a bit more respect.

I came in to say this.

Our fanbase has an unprecedentedly high number of gobshites at the moment. The levels of vitriol towards Rodgers are even worse than what Hodgson was subjected to.

I saw a supposed red post on Facebook that infamous pic of him in that rags t-shirt when he was Swansea manager, along with a caption along the lines of "Says it all". Shithouse behaviour.

Slagging off the manager and his personal life and being able to say "I told you so" on an Internet forum seems to be the new, in thing for our fans. It sucks.

As for Rodgers, I was a backer, brought us some astonishing football last season, but it's fell flat on its face and he seems a broken man who can't take us back to those levels. Reluctantly, I think it's time to thank him for his efforts but to also look elsewhere.

• Upvote 2

8 points from the last 10 games - when the last CL spot was there for the taking - ending in a rout to yet another team below us in the table; 6 from 40, I think.

There's been an air of permanent ad hocism the entire season. Enough.

No, it's about an attitude towards adversity. Something we sing to the players and manager that isn't just for the fans. Something that, for me, doesn't include calling a manager that might not quite reach the levels required all the cunts under the sun. Doing one then the other makes the first just look meaningless.

It's as much for the fans as anyone. The fans haven't let the club down. The manager and most of the players have. They'll get over being called names, the club mightn't recover from the incompetence.

Shit performance, some are saying it's the worst they have seen in how ever many years but I've seen far worse.The semi final against villa for one where we got dominated and could barely get out of our half, in this game stoke had a good 20 min spell where they scored a couple of world class finishes and had goals given to them by Mig and Can.

I expect him to go as the owners don't know much about football and will be looking at stats like it was our heaviest defeat in however many years and think he's lost the dressing room, our best player was saying earlier in the week he wanted to work under BR for years though.

When they hired BR they turned down top proven managers and went for a young up and coming one, I don't see them getting as lucky this time.

What does that even mean? 

It's Comical Ali. When the tanks where entering Baghdad in the Iraqi war he was having a press conference on the rooftop denying the presence of American forces in the city saying the US troops where "defeated and committing suicide at the gates of Baghdad" when the American tanks where travelling through the streets directly below him.

I'm just saying that you are Comical Ali in this scenario Stu, denying Rodgers failings and backing him, projecting confidence, which is in total contradiction of the facts.

• Upvote 2

Yes THREE years, tremendous amount of resources invested,  and we're a team in regression. 

Two fundamental problems obvious now: the playres do not want to play for him, Rodgers having lost the locker room, because even with these players that are available to him there's is no excuse at all to have lost 6-0 to Stoke today and see our overall form and performances detriorate progressively. Second, his transfers have failed him and the club. He has spent huge amounts of money on players that are just average or just slightly above average and overpriced. The upshot being these players are far from capable of helping us break into the top four.

I'm genuinely sad to see him go because I really thought he was the real deal and that we had finally landed on a young, intellignet manager with potential after a period of too much upheaval.

It has turned out to be just a mirage and time for Rodgers to go now.

Shit performance, some are saying it's the worst they have seen in how ever many years but I've seen far worse.The semi final against villa for one where we got dominated and could barely get out of our half, in this game stoke had a good 20 min spell where they scored a couple of world class finishes and had goals given to them by Mig and Can.

I expect him to go as the owners don't know much about football and will be looking at stats like it was our heaviest defeat in however many years and think he's lost the dressing room, our best player was saying earlier in the week he wanted to work under BR for years though.

When they hired BR they turned down top proven managers and went for a young up and coming one, I don't see them getting as lucky this time.

Nah mate, I expect him to go because he has made a colossal car crash of a season from a position that we really should have kicked on from, yes we lost Suarez but we got a fair bit of money in return which may has well have been flushed down the bog. I wasn't expecting to win the league this season but we should have at least cemented a place in the top four. Jesus, even a bad utd side have finished above us.

yeah its up to owners whether he stays or goes

It could be up to him after a desperate performance like that. Patently obvious he is completely unable to motivate these players, Anyway no chance he is going to jump and forego his pound of flesh