You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

No need for epithets but how else are we to interpret you saying

"Maybe they improved because he actually left good foundations there?"

Its clear your inferring that they've improved because of something he's done.

I think they improved because they've had superior management since he left. They're within 6 pts of us after spending a fraction of the money.

Its damning pure and simple.

What? You're missing the point completely.

I can only think of 5 that id keep.

Ming as a very good back up

Can as a decent MIDFUCKINGFIELDER

Ibe

Flanagan

Phillipe

Skrtel (Captain)

Maybe Lallana.

The entire midfield apart from Can should be sold at auction.

Allen Henderson Lucas all need to be gone by md August.

Massive rebuild required. By someone who knows what the fuck they are doing please.

Before today I would have been inclined to give Rodgers another season. But given how abject we were, I've been rethinking things.

Today could be a terrible blessing in disguise, an electric shock that even our absent owners might pick up on.

Circumstance means that there's a manager available right now at a time when just about every other club at our level or even at levels above us aren't actively looking for a new leader.

He's already iconic. He is football. He is passion. He is tactics. He ticks boxes not yet created.

But are we brave enough to go for him? Are we prepared to dance again?

Folks, it's time to talk about John Carver.

Never mind Carver, what about John Sitton?

"Bring your mates, and bring your dinner." He'd have had the whole team sacked at half time today.

• Upvote 1

I'll be sad to see Rodgers go.  Today definitely had the end of an era feel about it.  

Good luck to the next guy.  You have to be a little bit crazy to manage us, like Martin Riggs in Lethal Weapon.  A bit unhinged, capable of flipping and doing anything like jumping off a building onto an inflatable.  

Klopp nailed on then!?

I honestly couldn't give a flying fuck if we sold any of the squad this summer.

Barely a fighter who can produce when the chips are down amongst the lot of them.

We've got some serious wage thieves who we won't get rid of too.

• Upvote 1

What? You're missing the point completely.

The original point was you said he's talented. I've come to believe he's average. Time will tell I guess as he still has many years to come good as a manager, here or somewhere else. 

Its just a difference of opinion, I don't see why it was necessary to call me dim at one point and an idiot at another. 

One should be able to express a negative opinion about Rodgers (who at the most charitable has a somewhat mixed record so far) without being insulted. 

As little as I rate him I've never engaged in the anti-Rodgers hate spewed by others.

I can only think of 5 that id keep.

Ming as a very good back up

Can as a decent MIDFUCKINGFIELDER

Ibe

Flanagan

Phillipe

Skrtel (Captain)

Maybe Lallana.

The entire midfield apart from Can should be sold at auction.

Allen Henderson Lucas all need to be gone by md August.

Massive rebuild required. By someone who knows what the fuck they are doing please.

You wouldnt keep Coutinho!? Have you lost it?

As for Can, I need to be convinced. And Im not.

You wouldnt keep Coutinho!? Have you lost it?

As for Can, I need to be convinced. And Im not.

Read it again v-e-r-y- s-l-o-w-l-y.

Dime Bar? Dime Bar.

Couldnt wait to jump in. Too funny.

Im not convinced by Can at RB either. I was fairly impressed by his burst from midfield at the start of the season to score against the title winners though... a performance that led to him disappearing from view then resurfacing at RB as part of Brendans vision....

Fuck me sideways....

The next manager has to deal with Europa League, Ian Ayres, well-known tight bastards FSG, etc. All the best, whoever it is.

Think that's harsh on FSG mate, they've coughed up plenty. Spending 20 million on a centre back who can't trap a ball is nobody's fault but his.

We really are in Hodgeson territory now, the more overwhelming the job becomes the more the table is turned on the job itself rather than the man.

Read it again v-e-r-y- s-l-o-w-l-y.

Dime Bar? Dime Bar.

Couldnt wait to jump in. Too funny.

Im not convinced by Can at RB either. I was fairly impressed by his burst from midfield at the start of the season to score against the title winners though... a performance that led to him disappearing from view then resurfacing at RB as part of Brendans vision....

Fuck me sideways....

Ha! Already edited it. It was the Phillipe that threw me.

Point Im making about Can is, if he lets people run past him at RB what makes people think it wont happen in midfield?

Think that's harsh on FSG mate, they've coughed up plenty. Spending 20 million on a centre back who can't trap a ball is nobody's fault but his.

We really are in Hodgeson territory now, the more overwhelming the job becomes the more the table is turned on the job itself rather than the man.

They only sanctioned all of that spending because of the Suarez fee.   This summer it will be Sterling who funds it all.  

• Upvote 1

Point Im making about Can is, if he lets people run past him at RB what makes people think it wont happen in midfield?

Maybe he doesn't want to play RB

I wouldn't bin him without a proper run in his proper place. Any player deserves that.

He isnt the answer for me as a starter as id have Cabaye and Schneiderlin or Song in there in August, but if he is to be judged then judge him in the position he was bought to play in. Theres probably a few more (not many) in this squad, that are salvageable by a man with a plan, but its quite hard to see the nuggets in the turd at the moment.

No, the point is, he was bought as a central midfielder and finds himself as a right wing back because we had a manager who was too clever for his own fucking good. Despite doing pretty fucking well when called upon in that role for a few games.

this

Its the kind of thing that can cause a player to lose confidence in himself and his manager.

I think Rodgers will get the sack. A lot of people are doubting FSG will do it, but they did it with Kenny, who won a trophy don't forget.

Rodgers doesn't have a leg to stand on in any aspect of this season.

The question is who we get in? I'm split between Rafa and Klopp.

Klopp is a much younger man and the similiarites between us and Dortmund could be a perfect fit. But he's still a risk. I actually love watching his press conferences love his personality.

Rafa on the other hand knows the club inside out, but do you go back to a manager? There is no doubt that Rafa's gets us, but he bought his fair share of shite, although he did bring in some quality. Then there's his last couple of seasons that tailed off really badly.

Who else is there in terms of candidates? De Boer?

We definitely cannot afford to make another managerial mistake otherwise we are in danger of falling further behind.

• Upvote 1