You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

he is losing the plot at arsenal , been a fucking great manager for them but having not won anything for so long he has to go.

they are probably financially the best run club in the league, the emirates is a boss stadium and they should be winning stuff.

i dont think wenger has lost it as a manager but his days are numbered at arsenal. selling their best players nearly every summer has fucked them right up.

if ancelotti or klopp went there they would have them challenging for the title and i reckon the champions league a lot more than they are currently capable of.

would anyone have wenger here?

shame arsenal fans are cunts and i hate agreeing with piers fucking morgan

He's like the Uncle who once dropped Acid with Hendrix, cool as fuck the first time you heard the story, but now you wince whenever he broaches the subject and just think he's a sad old man who's life hinged on being in the right place at the right time once.

Sad really because the Uncle didn't recognise Marianne Faithful when she was giving him the glad eye because he was so fixated on Jimi.

Wenger is one of the key managers of the PL era- and one of the most successful.

The recent equation has been pretty simple. Chelsea, Man U and Man City pay better wages, and Arsenal have played second fiddle to those sides in winning things.

Relatively speaking, he is still successful, certainly in cash terms and CL qualification. But every manager has their managerial life cycle, and the sense that Wenger is nearing the end of his is palpable.

Will anyone better his record whilst the aforementioned three can swing their chequebook? No.

I agree with the opening poster, Bjornebye, who gave himself that 'internet handle' because he liked one of our former players, Stig Inge Bjornebye.

He then melded the image of Clint Eastwood into his internet personality, so that you get a flavour of Bjornebye, ah, so a fan of the club for some years, he belies an experience but not an elderly charm, perhaps a man of 32 years of age. Learned, but relevant.

He channels the aura of Clint Eastwood by way of a visual cell alongside his name that shows Clint Eastwood portraying an 'Old West' slinger, with a dead-eyed focused look, it's a very masculine pedestal that Bjornebye sits atop, a pedestal that he created himself to ensure that people were left in no doubt that he would literally shoot a bullet into your fucking skull and bleed you out, while stinking of unrefined tobacco, and likely suffering from intense internal anguish but to not indicate that at any point.

I agree with the opening poster, Bjornebye, who gave himself that 'internet handle' because he liked one of our former players, Stig Inge Bjornebye.

He then melded the image of Clint Eastwood into his internet personality, so that you get a flavour of Bjornebye, ah, so a fan of the club for some years, he belies an experience but not an elderly charm, perhaps a man of 32 years of age. Learned, but relevant.

He channels the aura of Clint Eastwood by way of a visual cell alongside his name that shows Clint Eastwood portraying an 'Old West' slinger, with a dead-eyed focused look, it's a very masculine pedestal that Bjornebye sits atop, a pedestal that he created himself to ensure that people were left in no doubt that he would literally shoot a bullet into your fucking skull and bleed you out, while stinking of unrefined tobacco, and likely suffering from intense internal anguish but to not indicate that at any point.

29 on sunday but other than that you are pretty much bang on. how much do I owe you? (inbox me the euro's numbers for later and all)

he is losing the plot at arsenal , been a fucking great manager for them but having not won anything for so long he has to go.

they are probably financially the best run club in the league, the emirates is a boss stadium and they should be winning stuff.

i dont think wenger has lost it as a manager but his days are numbered at arsenal. selling their best players nearly every summer has fucked them right up.

if ancelotti or klopp went there they would have them challenging for the title and i reckon the champions league a lot more than they are currently capable of.

would anyone have wenger here?

shame arsenal fans are cunts and i hate agreeing with piers fucking morgan

Quite a bit of shit in this Bjornebye.

When things were more on a level playing field he had them winning all sorts. Since Chelsea and Man City have come into the fold they can't compete. Simple as. Nobody can other than Man Utd. The not winning a trophy thing obviously hurts them and it also seems to be blinding their judgement a little bit.

The selling their best players thing seems to be the myth that keeps biting him on the arse. He's had no fucking choice a lot of the time. Van Persie being a prime example. What does he do? keep him for a year and lose him for nothing or sell him for £20m+. It's a no-brainer as it has been with all their players who have been sold. He's hardly selling them for a laugh.

As far as I see it they have two choices.

Keep Wenger

This will keep them eating at the top table. They will stay in the Champions League year on year potentially missing out on the odd year, although that hasn't happened yet once. They won't compete with the top 3 in terms of winning trophies. They will be in the top tier for the day when Chelsea and Man City stop what they are doing though and when Ferguson retires. This will be a great position.

Sack Wenger - Hire anybody

Sacking Wenger is a huge risk. It's quite similar to the United situation. The next manager pretty much has an impossible job. The two of them are the most successful attacking managers of the last 20 years. Both their clubs fans have not only become used to winning things over the years, they have become used to playing good football doing it. If anyone thinks the next manager of either club will be as attacking as either of these managers then you are mental. I don't know how you think Ancelotti etc would have them challenging more than they are. They can't compete for the big players. They're whole success is built on Wenger buying cheap young players and either turning them into world beaters or at least getting the most out of them.

He's done it for a long time. How is Ancelotti going to be able to do better than Wenger at it? If they sack Wenger they are opening themselves up to falling out of the top 4 completely and not being able to get back in.

It would be great for us if they got rid of Wenger because I honestly think they would fall to bits. There are so many high profile overrated managers out there they would be bound to hire one of them. It would turn into Stamford Bridge as soon as they played anything other than all out attacking football.

Quite a bit of shit in this Bjornebye.

When things were more on a level playing field he had them winning all sorts. Since Chelsea and Man City have come into the fold they can't compete. Simple as. Nobody can other than Man Utd. The not winning a trophy thing obviously hurts them and it also seems to be blinding their judgement a little bit.

The selling their best players thing seems to be the myth that keeps biting him on the arse. He's had no fucking choice a lot of the time. Van Persie being a prime example. What does he do? keep him for a year and lose him for nothing or sell him for £20m+. It's a no-brainer as it has been with all their players who have been sold. He's hardly selling them for a laugh.

As far as I see it they have two choices.

Keep Wenger

This will keep them eating at the top table. They will stay in the Champions League year on year potentially missing out on the odd year, although that hasn't happened yet once. They won't compete with the top 3 in terms of winning trophies. They will be in the top tier for the day when Chelsea and Man City stop what they are doing though and when Ferguson retires. This will be a great position.

Sack Wenger - Hire anybody

Sacking Wenger is a huge risk. It's quite similar to the United situation. The next manager pretty much has an impossible job. The two of them are the most successful attacking managers of the last 20 years. Both their clubs fans have not only become used to winning things over the years, they have become used to playing good football doing it. If anyone thinks the next manager of either club will be as attacking as either of these managers then you are mental. I don't know how you think Ancelotti etc would have them challenging more than they are. They can't compete for the big players. They're whole success is built on Wenger buying cheap young players and either turning them into world beaters or at least getting the most out of them.

He's done it for a long time. How is Ancelotti going to be able to do better than Wenger at it? If they sack Wenger they are opening themselves up to falling out of the top 4 completely and not being able to get back in.

It would be great for us if they got rid of Wenger because I honestly think they would fall to bits. There are so many high profile overrated managers out there they would be bound to hire one of them. It would turn into Stamford Bridge as soon as they played anything other than all out attacking football.

they wont qualify this year. they need a different direction. someone like ancelotti will give them that. yeah he has turned young players great and moved them on, who next? where will they be if wilshire leaves for barca or someone in the summer?

talk of him having 70 million to spend in the summer.... i think he would be stubborn and not splash out on the best he could get. Ancelotti would attract and would go for better players.

Reports of his demise are greatly exaggerated. Wenger has been forced to sell all of his best players for years and years yet is still getting in the top 4 every year. And he is doing it without spending crazy money on players. I don't think you can underestimate what that's been worth to Arsenal.

He has done an absolutely wonderful job at that club and once the FFP rules set in Arsenal will be in pretty good shape.

We like to say it's all about trophies, and I agree that it is, but what would we give for getting into the top 4 in each of the next 15 seasons (and challenging for the title in a few of them)?

He's the businessman's ideal manager isn't he! There is a certain irony with Arsenal, their fans were sold a new stadium on the basis of being able to compete but the Deins and Fiszmans have all got rich off the fans paying good money to watch "good non winning football", it's our future mofos, the futures bright the futures Arsenal (hope I'm wrong).

Just to add no doubt Wenger has bought a couple of duffers but it's worth pointing out that Gerrard is paid more than their best players. So their problem has been not making exceptions, if they had paid a bit more in wages to quality players that would have been the difference. I'm not sure if that is down to their board or Wenger. Arteta took a wage cut to go to Arsenal (that's right when he left Everton the club with no money)

I do think people underestimate playing c/l football and performing well in the league, the impact it has on your squad. The only time Spurs made the c/l they ended up with 62 points that season.

Arsenal's problem is they budget to do just enough an extra 5-10% on wages or transfers could have made all the difference but that's profit or a strong balance sheet I guess. All in all as an outsider I think their problem goes deeper than Wenger.

Maybe if they get Martinez or Moyes they might appreciate what they had a bit more. Instead of getting rid of Wenger they need to get the board to pay a bit more in wages. Just to add how come Moyes gets made into a martyr and people count the days since Wenger won a trophy!.

29 on sunday but other than that you are pretty much bang on. how much do I owe you? (inbox me the euro's numbers for later and all)

24/2/13?

Wait. 2.4.2.1.3

2/4/2/1/3

2_4_2_1_3

NO, subtract 29 years off that, it's 24284 = 20

20 = Mascherano's number when he was with us.

20 = 1/5th of 100. 1.5.100. = 106.

You're going to kill the president.

All very well saying his team cannot compete financially with the likes of Chelsea and Man City, but while that is true to an extent, it doesn't explain why - when his side had already gone 6 years without a trophy - they failed to beat Alex McLeish's Birmingham in the League Cup final. Birmingham weren't anywhere near financially able to compete with Arsenal, yet they beat them. Their club revenues have rocketed since they moved to the Emirates and are amongst the highest in the world, and yet their record of success doesn't tally with it, even if they've made the Champions League each year. They might yet manage to spawn a Champions League title this year in the same way Chelsea did last year, so I'm not going to write them off yet, but to me it looks as though the club have accepted a culture where making the top 4 is the be-all-and-end-all.

They also have a habit of repeating their seasons, as I've pointed out before:

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/99941-arsenal.html#post2722756

A diary of Arsenal’s 2011/12 season.

July.

Arsenal play a tin-pot friendly tournament at the Emirates against teams which are a month behind in their preparations, and bum them all silly. Fabregas is the world’s best player in the world’s greatest youth team, which will win everything in sight in the coming season. The match between PSG and Hamburg is stopped for 3 minutes while Sagna gets treatment for a head injury sustained while tackling his own player down by the corner flag - on the training ground. Wenger is happy with his goalkeepers. Barcelona are rumoured to be preparing a £500m bid for Fabregas.

August.

The Gunners batter all the Premier League’s cannon fodder in the opening weeks. Fabregas is on top form; Nasri is running rings around the opposition; Walcott is tearing full-backs to shreds, and Van Persie is blasting them in from everywhere. The match against newly-promoted [insert club here] is stopped for 5 minutes while Sagna gets treatment for a head injury sustained by tackling his own player down by the corner flag. Song is OK to continue. Wenger is happy with his goalkeepers. Barcelona deny any interest in Fabregas.

September.

The Gunners rout some [insert eastern European debutant] team in the Champions League at the Emirates. Fabregas is now up there with the likes of Pele and Maradona in the pantheon of footballing greats. Walcott chips a fingernail and has to be stretchered off by St. John Ambulance staff while the paramedic administers oxygen - he will miss the next month. Van Persie breaks his metatarsal for the 200th time when it makes contact with the ball. The match against Liverpool is stopped for 5 minutes while Sagna gets treatment for a head injury sustained down by the corner flag when Bendtner’s pink boot comes flying after he attempts an ambitious overhead kick from halfway. Almunia just about manages to tip the ball over the bar. Wenger is happy with his goalkeepers. Barcelona decide they cannot afford Fabregas but Barca players tell a Spanish radio station how much they want him to join during the international break.

October.

Arsenal reserves wallop [insert League Two opposition] in the Carling Cup at the Emirates. The London media claim they are good enough to win the World Cup too. Bendtner scores 8 and proclaims himself the world’s best footballer. The media disagree and still champion Fabregas. Mario Balotelli has a hissy fit and tells everyone who will listen that no player comes close to his god-like stature. He’s now added bib management to his list of skills. The match against Wigan is stopped for 12 minutes while Sagna gets treatment for a head injury sustained pulling his own socks up down by the corner flag. Wenger is happy with his goalkeepers.

November.

89% possession at the Emirates against Manchester United. Final score Arsenal 0 Manchester United 3. Manuel Almunia gets 2 of the goals. This is followed by Arsenal creeping over the line to qualify for the next round of the Champions League as group runners-up. Barcelona are up next, and the Gunners will show everybody their new-found maturity and ability to win all competitions. Physical contests against Stoke and Blackburn result in Fabregas taking a month off to nurse his pinged hamstrings. The match against Blackburn is stopped for 22 minutes while Sagna gets treatment for a head injury sustained by tackling his own player down by the corner flag while the ball was in Blackburn’s penalty area. Wenger blames Allardyce, but he is happy with his goalkeepers. Almunia is dropped for Fabianski for the next 5 games.

December.

75% possession against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Bendtner misses 5 one-on-ones and 10 sitters. Chelsea nip up the other end, Drogba bullies the entire Arsenal back-line out of the way and Lampard steams in to scuff the ball in off a post via a fortuitous deflection off Fabianski, [insert French-speaking central defender] and Sagna. The match is stopped for 33 minutes while Sagna gets treatment for a head injury sustained by head butting his own goalpost after dashing in from down by the corner flag. Barcelona decide they don’t need Fabregas after all. Wenger is happy with his goalkeepers.

January.

A cold month becomes a frosty one as Wenger accuses the fourth official of touching kids in his day job, during the match against Birmingham City. The fourth official reports him to the FA, despite being a paediatrician by trade, and the FA hand out a 2 match ban for intimidating officials. Arsenal win 3 Premier League games in a row to move within 3 points of the league leaders. This includes a 3-0 home win against Tottenham Hotspur, after Redknapp’s earlier claims that Spurs are good enough to win the title. Arsenal also win the Carling Cup semi-final against [insert Championship club] and are within sight of their first trophy of the season. Sagna stays clear of injury this month. Wenger is less happy with his goalkeepers after Fabianski breaks his thumb putting his gloves on the wrong hands. Barcelona offer 50 youth players, a signed Thierry Henry shirt and 2 tickets to el Clasico at the Nou Camp in return for Fabregas.

February.

Arsenal go out of the FA Cup, beaten by Manchester United at Old Trafford despite having 99% possession. They are also beaten in the Carling Cup final by [insert name of any club that decides to put the ball in the back of the net instead of dicking about with 30-pass triangles around the edge of the area]. Still, there are 2 trophies to contest so all to play for. Vermaelen, Squillaci and [insert French-speaking young athletic centre back] are all out injured for the rest of the season. Fulham and Bolton secure a share of the points in the league. The match against Fulham is held up for 64 minutes as Sagna gets treatment for a head injury sustained down by the corner flag due to Hangeland’s icy stare. Rosicky makes a comeback from injury, gets tackled by a blade of grass and is out again for 6 months. Wenger decides he’s happy with his goalkeepers and selects Poland’s 8th choice goalkeeper to play between the sticks. Barcelona decide they are happy with their squad.

March.

The Gunners bow out of the Champions League. Barcelona are just too mature and Lionel Messi scores 10 at the Nou Camp against a scratch back four. The same back four that looked like world beaters back in August. The match is held up for 25 minutes as Sagna gets treatment for a head injury sustained by tackling himself down by the corner flag. Barcelona will assess their squad in the summer before deciding whether to push for Fabregas. Wenger decides not to talk about his goalkeepers.

April.

The league title has gone now, as Arsenal lose at Old Trafford without troubling the goalkeeper, and despite having 100% possession and completing 2500 passes according to Opta. A 10-point lead is too much to make up with a depleted squad lacking a reliable goalkeeper or durable centre backs. The match is held up for 11 minutes as Sagna gets treatment for a head injury sustained down by the corner flag. There are no players near him this time. He just went up to head a ball away and got smacked in the eye by a flailing peroxide coloured dreadlock. But the captain is back! Wenger is happy with his goalkeepers.

May.

Arsenal show their early season form in despatching all the bottom half teams at the Emirates. Fabregas looks a world-beater again, and Van Persie returns to spank a couple of penalties against already-relegated [insert team here]. The last match of the season, against mid-table Aston Villa at the Emirates, is held up for 47 minutes as Sagna gets treatment for a head injury sustained down by the corner flag. Ever the joker, teammate Eboue ties Sagna’s bootlaces together as he prepares to take a throw-in. Sagna trips up and knocks himself out on his own cock. Eboue comes on as substitute and decides he’d rather play in midfield, leaving Poland’s 44th choice goalkeeper to play sweeper as Almunia is back to don the goalkeepers’ gloves. The Emirates rings to a hearty chorus of “Who are ya?” as Villa’s reserve team are despatched 5-1 – Almunia scoring for Villa.

Arsene Wenger proclaims himself as proud of his young squad, particularly his goalkeepers, and suggests that with a little more maturity, silverware will soon arrive at the Emirates. He starts planning for 2012/13 by signing 15 10-year-old Polish goalkeepers, 30 young French and French/African defenders, plus 18 wonderkid Spanish midfielders. With this added depth to the squad, the quadruple will be theirs. The board extend their gratitude to Wenger for Arsenal’s successful season after they reach the next season’s Champions League without spending any money on transfers. At the same time the club announce a record £2.5bn turnover for the year as corporate boxes at the Emirates sell out for £4m per game.

Addendum for February.

Wenger marches onto the pitch after the final whistle to remonstrate with referee Howard Webb after the FA Cup defeat at Old Trafford. He is most displeased about how Webb let United score despite all the pretty possession football played by Arsenal. His sleeping bag jacket is now so long that he is followed onto the pitch by all the bridesmaids and page boys that held Kate Middleton's train during the Royal wedding the previous year.

Wenger is one of the key managers of the PL era- and one of the most successful.

The recent equation has been pretty simple. Chelsea, Man U and Man City pay better wages, and Arsenal have played second fiddle to those sides in winning things.

Relatively speaking, he is still successful, certainly in cash terms and CL qualification. But every manager has their managerial life cycle, and the sense that Wenger is nearing the end of his is palpable.

Will anyone better his record whilst the aforementioned three can swing their chequebook? No.

Xerxes worked rapidly (on writing this internet posting) and, to judge by surviving drafts (which shall lay upon his desk in front of him lest they be collected by the cleaning lady), he had a sure command of his material. Posting was inevitable and in great haste.

He had none of his usual historical references to hand, nor needed he any, he would later claim. It was not his objective to be long winded, he would explain, only to question if "the aforementioned three can swing their chequebook?"

No would be his closing answer, and a visit to the privy to end the evening off.

I see the media weren't shy about being antagonistic with him at his press conference yesterday now that the pressure's mounting on him.

No fear of the cowardly shithouses trying the same approach with Ferguson the next time his side fucks up.

I'm not Wenger's biggest fan, but a large number of the British sports press are the most craven, sniveling bunch of pricks around.

they wont qualify this year. they need a different direction. someone like ancelotti will give them that. yeah he has turned young players great and moved them on, who next? where will they be if wilshire leaves for barca or someone in the summer?

talk of him having 70 million to spend in the summer.... i think he would be stubborn and not splash out on the best he could get. Ancelotti would attract and would go for better players.

Not having a complete rant at you mate but why do people always do this? As I type out a post I just know for a fact someone will pick one line out and just respond to that, so every time I will try to overly explain everything as I did above to show what I mean.

The bit you highlighted. I answered without you having to say that in my next sentence. The past couple of years people have said they wouldn't qualify for it and they have. They may not qualify next year but after qualifying every year for last 15 or whatever it is I can almost guarantee you they will be back in the year after.

Wilshere has already said he wants to stay there for the rest of his career.

You seem to have not read anything I wrote. He hasn't "turned young players great and moved them on" he helped them become great players and by and large kept them at the club for their peak years and then was forced to sell a lot of them because of various reasons but largely down to Man City and Chelsea making it impossible to compete.

The rest of it is then all paper driven bollocks. You don't know they have 70m and you have no evidence Wenger has been given money in the past and refused it. Please don't post a skysports article with some "insider" info on. Why would Ancelotti be able to attract better players? If anyone has shown how to spend money on players it is Wenger. Why would those players go to Arsenal above Man City, United and Chelsea? They wouldn't. That's the whole point of my post. They can't compete with those clubs so they operate differently. It has worked because of Wenger. Without him they will fall by the wayside.

all very well and good saying he has had a lot to compete with and he was awesome in his early years but he has played a big part in their decline

The invincibles team was by some distance the best side the Premier League has ever seen, Henry, Pires, Bergkamp and Ljungberg together were amazing to watch and obviously Wenger deserves great credit for putting that team together but ever since then its been going steadily down hill and a lot of that is due to him insisting on fancy football, don't get me wrong I love good football and like what Brendan is trying to do here etc but with Arsenal it got fucking ridiculous, how many times did you see them make 4 or 5 passes all when within 10 yards of the goal trying to score the perfect goal, it was ridiculous then there ws the obsession with buying youth, only most of them were nowhere near as good as made out to be and the ones who did come good were always sold as soon as they did and usually replaced by much inferior players, it could be said he has done bloody well to keep them in the top 4 but had he not been so ridiculously stuck in his way he could've done even better

I don't think they'll get 4th.

But at least they'll come close and probably be right up there competing for 3rd and 4th again next year.

Unlike ourselves, we're perpetually fucking 7th/8th these days and everytime we look like we might go and actually win a few games to put ourselves in contention for a CL spot we completely and utterly fuck up.

As hard as it is to stomach they're better off than we are right now, maybe not in terms of silverware, but at least in terms of making the competition all the world's best players want to play in.

Not having a complete rant at you mate but why do people always do this? As I type out a post I just know for a fact someone will pick one line out and just respond to that, so every time I will try to overly explain everything as I did above to show what I mean.

The bit you highlighted. I answered without you having to say that in my next sentence. The past couple of years people have said they wouldn't qualify for it and they have. They may not qualify next year but after qualifying every year for last 15 or whatever it is I can almost guarantee you they will be back in the year after.

Wilshere has already said he wants to stay there for the rest of his career.

You seem to have not read anything I wrote. He hasn't "turned young players great and moved them on" he helped them become great players and by and large kept them at the club for their peak years and then was forced to sell a lot of them because of various reasons but largely down to Man City and Chelsea making it impossible to compete.

The rest of it is then all paper driven bollocks. You don't know they have 70m and you have no evidence Wenger has been given money in the past and refused it. Please don't post a skysports article with some "insider" info on. Why would Ancelotti be able to attract better players? If anyone has shown how to spend money on players it is Wenger. Why would those players go to Arsenal above Man City, United and Chelsea? They wouldn't. That's the whole point of my post. They can't compete with those clubs so they operate differently. It has worked because of Wenger. Without him they will fall by the wayside.

If things are as you describe, why does he stay there? He wins nothing, he achieves very little these days, and apparently he has been offered better deals. I do not care if Arsenal fail, I'm happy if they do, as they've done for quite some time now. Remaining in the top 4, but winning nothing, is a failure to me. It's a commercial success, no doubt, so I guess that makes Wenger a good manager turned to a good businessman. Not what I like, though. I respect the football part at the beginning of his time with Arsenal, the rest looks like mercenary, cynical crap. That attitude represents football these days.

If things are as you describe, why does he stay there? He wins nothing, he achieves very little these days, and apparently he has been offered better deals. I do not care if Arsenal fail, I'm happy if they do, as they've done for quite some time now. Remaining in the top 4, but winning nothing, is a failure to me. It's a commercial success, no doubt, so I guess that makes Wenger a good manager turned to a good businessman. Not what I like, though. I respect the football part at the beginning of his time with Arsenal, the rest looks like mercenary, cynical crap. That attitude represents football these days.

£7.5 Mil per annum, plus bonuses and share options, I mean it's not much, but it could be worse.

I don't even know why I am responding to this. Have you got the IQ of a small child?

Why does he stay there? I don't know. Why don't you ask him? He obviously loves the club and sees it as his life's work but I have no idea why he hasn't done what a lot of the players he has signed over the years and jumped ship to City or something. Maybe he has a different outlook on life. All in all I have no fucking clue what point you are trying to make.

I said if they got rid of Wenger it would benefit us. I don't know if you noticed or not but we haven't been in the champions league for a few years now. Strangely enough that seems to have coincided with us not signing the same standard of players we used to sign. It's weird, it's almost as if being in the champions league helps you sign a better standard of player.

I am actually angry at how fucking stupid you are and how happy you appear to be remaining as fucking stupid as you are.

I will try and put it as simply as I can for you. At the current moment we can't compete with United, City and Chelsea. If we want to we need to be in champions league so we can attract better players than we can now. If you are happy for Arsenal to continue to fail every year by finishing in the top four it becomes a lot harder for us to get back in the champions league. I very much doubt the blip Chelsea had last year will happen any time soon and if it does there are also plenty of other clubs to compete with if they do fall out again.

The last part of your post is up there as the most stupid thing I have seen written on here.

He looks like a "mercenary" for staying at one club for majority of his career when he could have taken more money at a club like Chelsea or Man City? He looks like a mercenary for not wanting to run his club into the ground and paying over the top for players to compete with Abramovich and Dubai? You are a fucking idiot.