You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Much like the same post I made pre transfer window but with the realisation now that having had my rant we can't change the past so let's look to the future. I still believe everything I said in that last post but ...

We continue to play teams off the park for fun and prove that first team wise we're capable of mixing it with the best thing league has to offer.

Today was probably the most impressive performance of the season along with against United at Anfield but once again the negatives that are holding us back were all too obvious.

First off I've always been on Henderson's side and while not being too overawed with his performance against Arsenal regardless of people fawning over the goal and assist, I was much more impressed with him today. Add in Gerrard being able to play to this level for a year or two more at least and we've got a real partnership there that has a really nice balance to it as long as Lucas is there behind to allow them to do what they do.

Johnson should always be played on the right, I hate seeing him on the left and while I can think of some good games he has had there he's just much better on his natural side and we're a better side when he and Enrique are both on the pitch together.

Agger continues to be a quality defender who, if not for injury the sky would have been the limit, given his class and commitment to the club he deserves his spot in our side.

Sturridge and Suarez? Well I think someone on TalkSport for once actually nailed it, there's no better partnership in the prem already. It's a joy to watch two players with such quality.

Then you have your maybes who are on the fringe of being quality players but through injury or inconsistency or lack of games arn't there yet. Sterling, Suso, Coutinho, Kelly (injury only), Wisdom, Robinson, Allen, Coates.

These players need to step up or in Kelly's case have a bit of luck and suddenly we're on our way to having a squad.

Then there are the players that have gone backwards this season and cost us time and again in big games. Reina and Skrtel. I think both of these players are on borrowed time Reina especially.

Reina - Jones - Gulacsi ?

Not enough quality or depth. Reina has been regressing for a while now and Jones is a good back up keeper but no more. We need to have an established number one with two back ups fighting for that second spot. Chelsea have Cech and Courtois waiting in the wings and have just signed a 17 year old very highly rated keeper named Duljac (I think that's his name). That's the kind of depth we need to be looking at.

Reina is all but out the door and what ever money we get for him we need to march straight to Germany and tell Borussia Moenchengladbach that we want Ter Stegen, this lad will be world class for the next 15 years and is already very close to Neuer for the number one shirt. It could be 20-30m but that's basically 1.5-2m a year for the next 15 years and he fits the remit of our new owners to a tee.

Defensively either Skrtel learns to stop bottling it or he's gone and with the 10m plus we get for him we need to reinvest in a proven CB and then give Kelly the chance to become our CB for the future as well as buying a decent CB for backup, nothing special or expensive maybe even a nice free transfer.

Defensive midfield - We need to get a young player or bring through Coady for the future and we need to bring in an experienced player who can sit in front of that back 4 like Lucas does either with him in some games or instead of him in others.

Central Midfield - Like Henderson I hold out great hope for Allen and think he can not only be a good player but a great one. Him and Allen are the future of this club and need to be given time. I will always give FOOTBALLERS time, which is why I have no time for shite like Carroll and Downing. I'm quite happy for us to stay as we are in this area.

We don't really play with wingers more attacking midfielders/forwards who start wide or go wide. Suarez, Sturridge, Suso, Sterling, Coutinho, Assaidi. We're stocked here.

Strikers - Suarez and Sturridge make a great parntnership but neither are poachers and once again as with every great game we've played the thing that stands out with the individual mistakes has been the poor positioning of our attacking players in the box when we put a ball in. Dzeko is nothing special but he knew where to be for that first goal, he was inside the 6 yard box, he wasn't waiting at the back post for a ball that was never going to get there, nor waiting for a pull back he was getting across his man and giving himself and his team the best chance to score as poachers do. We need this kind of player. Borini? Well he showed signs of it Italy but nothing over here YET. Yesil? If you believe the hype he's exactly this player, can he step up who knows?

If we can get Downing, Carroll and Reina out that should be enough to bring in a world class or potentially world class young keeper and if we're shrewd much more besides.

Reina is gone and 10m and Valdes is apparently the offer which I'd seriously consider but I'd prefer 20m and go and get our own young keeper like Ter Stegen with the extra thrown in.

Add the depth, improve the quality and it won't cost a fortune.

I know this is a mad shout but what about Darren Bent for the poacher? If anyone has proven he knows where to be in this league when there are rebounds or the like then it's him. The fees he has commanded for the goals he has scored and yet a bid of around 8m could probably see him in a red shirt. Just one to ponder, doesn't have to be him but it's that kind of player.

Suarez - Bent - Sturridge.

I hear Gomez could be available cheap as well.

Suarez - Bent - Sturridge.

We don't need a lot from that poacher, just that he is in the right place at the right time, our team have proven time and time again we can supply the ammo.

You don't half post some guff, A.V.B.

Darren Bent is a one trick pony, ball over the top merchant.

He's a poacher who has consistently scored goals and is exactly what we don't have. We have the players who can beat their men, hold the ball up and use skill but we don't have natural finishers.

I'm sorry but you must be blind if you can't see a) what we lack up front (despite having a great partnership) and b) that Darren Bent is ideal to add what's missing.

28 years old and at Villa had a ratio of a goal every 2 games before he was just completely forgotten by Lambert. 9 goals in 16 games the season his first season for them and 9 in 22 the next year. In 2009 for Sunderland he scored 24 goals in 38 games.

Also most of his goals come from tap ins from wide balls not balls over the top at all.

Why do so many cunts on here afford their opinion such royalty that they think they need to open another thread to share it?

Fuck off. Shite thread. Go back to listening to Talksport.

Thanks. You look so grown up swearing all the time like others on here. This time however unlike previously I won't rise to the bait. Just come and see me next year when you realise that a lot of what I'm saying is spot on.

Why don't you try oh I don't know actually pointing out what you don't agree with and why? You can't seem to have a decent footy debate on here it's just "fuck off you cunt" which adds nothing to the site whatsoever.

I don't actually listen to TalkSport, I was in my mates and he had it on on in the kitchen on his tv, not that it matters. What was said was right.

Some of you "fans" really do make me embarrassed to support Liverpool and the idea that you're a manc if you have a different viewpoint? Yeah you're nothing like RAWK at all, you know except when you all are.

The only person who'd recommend Darren Bent these days is himself.

So I have to ask, AVB - are you bent?

Clever. Again why not buy a proven 28 year old poacher. Other than just throwing out the insults tell me why he wouldn't improve our squad/first team.

For someone who talks such "shite"/"guff" no one is actually proving they either know anything about the player or why he wouldn't work here.

I suppose it's fine that Carragher showed more of a poacher's instinct today than any of our other players and that time and time again when we get to the byline NO ONE is trying to get infront of their men.

Let's just have a look at this ball over the top merchant and see the types of goals he actually scores shall we?

Now when you're watching MOTD tonight check out how many times Carragher is in the place Bent would be and tell me we wouldn't value his goals that he's made a living off.

Thanks. You look so grown up swearing all the time like others on here. This time however unlike previously I won't rise to the bait. Just come and see me next year when you realise that a lot of what I'm saying is spot on.

Why don't you try oh I don't know actually pointing out what you don't agree with and why? You can't seem to have a decent footy debate on here it's just "fuck off you cunt" which adds nothing to the site whatsoever.

I don't actually listen to TalkSport, I was in my mates and he had it on on in the kitchen on his tv, not that it matters. What was said was right.

Some of you "fans" really do make me embarrassed to support Liverpool and the idea that you're a manc if you have a different viewpoint? Yeah you're nothing like RAWK at all, you know except when you all are.

If I could be bothered, I'd find dozens of posts showing you how hilariously wrong you've been. You get called an idiot because you are one.

Moreover, with your track record and subsequent lines like "Just come and see me next year when you realise that a lot of what I'm saying is spot on", you make it surprisingly easy for me to call you a mong.

When we drop Luis Suarez for Adam Morgan - and it works - let me know. I think i've confused you for Funnee. Says it all.

Clever. Again why not buy a proven 28 year old poacher. Other than just throwing out the insults tell me why he wouldn't improve our squad/first team.

For someone who talks such "shite"/"guff" no one is actually proving they either know anything about the player or why he wouldn't work here.

I suppose it's fine that Carragher showed more of a poacher's instinct today than any of our other players and that time and time again when we get to the byline NO ONE is trying to get infront of their men.

Let's just have a look at this ball over the top merchant and see the types of goals he actually scores shall we?

Now when you're watching MOTD tonight check out how many times Carragher is in the place Bent would be and tell me we wouldn't value his goals that he's made a living off.

Please, do tell about all of the top European clubs he's "proven" himself at in the past. No honestly! You go ahead and put us know nothing fucks in our place.

Please, do tell about all of the top European clubs he's "proven" himself at in the past. No honestly! You go ahead and put us know nothing fucks in our place.

I always thought winning the league was our bread and butter, but yeah what good would a player who has a better than 1 in 2 strike ratio add, you know other than goals. :wallbutt:

You need to reduce the frequency of your shit threads so I can continue negging them.

You beast, how will I ever go on with a red bar next to my name. Sorry mate but I don't live here like the rest of you so my "rep" doesn't matter to me. Feel free to "neg" every post I make never once thinking about what "negging" says about you or your life.

Anyone who chooses the name A.V.B. of their own free will and without a gun being pointed at their head is a cunt.

Not read any of the post but your wrong.

Great manager who I believed was going to be our next manager and wouldn't have minded one bit if he was. I wouldn't swop Rodgers for anyone now though. I still think A.V.B. is proving a lot of his detractors wrong and that Tottenham 1-9 are a better side than United but they suffer from not having 4 strikers that can bang in goals like United. They're defo coming for the title sooner rather than later though Spurs if they can keep hold of Bale and get in Damiao or someone of that ilk. Feel free to mock that as well and then a year from now revisit this post.

You beast, how will I ever go on with a red bar next to my name. Sorry mate but I don't live here like the rest of you so my "rep" doesn't matter to me. Feel free to "neg" every post I make never once thinking about what "negging" says about you or your life.

You're the best type of mong. One that thinks he's all knowing and full of interesting debate when instead you're just a boring fuck.

AVB, All Very Boring.

You're the best type of mong. One that thinks he's all knowing and full of interesting debate when instead you're just a boring fuck.

AVB, All Very Boring.

You already said that. Do you all hang round together outside of the forum trying to bully people you don't agree with as well? Ha, it's pathetic. Make a thread and within seconds it's the same no lifers who have responded in seconds using the same tired insults and swearing not like dockers but like kids whose ma isn't watching.

Seriously before you have a pop at the next lad who isn't in the clique (one nobhead going as far as to call me a manc and I hope you get hit by a car for that one by the way) maybe you should take a look at what you're actually doing.

Acting hard on the net, well played lads. If any of you want to meet up in the Sandon or all of you for that matter then give me a shout. I'm sure you can't be quite as epic gobshites as you come across and I'll bet you don't speak to people like this in real life (or you wouldn't be here you'd be constantly in a hospital bed), so why do it on here.

Please let me be your new internet mate, PLEASE!

Well done on dodging the footy convo again, I'm the best type of mong yet not one of you can put together a coherent post stating why I'm talking shit.

Conclusion? You can't best a mong.

Played.

It says something about you that out of 2409 registered posters on the site, you're in the bottom ten.

Ha, that you know how to find that list or have looked says far more.

Where are you and how many net mates did you have round to celebrate when you found out?

Look at the tags ahahahah the proper poor effort to be either hurtful or funny.

Come on at least make it comical in its merit not that its just sad that that's the best you can come up with. If I've really give you that much ammo.

Come on I'll even rep (internet reach round) one of you if you can do it.

Ah the subtle 'I don't come on here much so I don't care what anyone says about my opinions' defence.