You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Think Vunipola has been pushed forward too quickly & the replacement front three were terrible.

I don't agree with the first bit but I do agree that the changes to the front 3 disrupted the Lions. That said the mess of a scrum 5 yards our of the aussie line was due to a lack of ball control from Heaslip and the latter penalty was from a good counter push by the Aussies due to the Lions dicking around with for too long in the scrum.

If you have an absolute, overwhelming advantage at the scrum it is massive but so often even a dominant scrum can get penalised due to refs interpretation. It is such a hit & miss area that imo its best to just put in and get out as quick as possible.

Vunipola isn't the best scrummager but he is dynamic in the open and hopefully in the next two test we will see his impact off the bench becoming a factor.

Hopefully next week the ref will allow teams to actually try & compete at the breakdown. It should work in our favour

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game, really enjoyed it. Thought the Lions played well and should have been further ahead at half time, despite Australia's missed kicks. They seemed to stop playing after Cuthbert's try, and the changes, though and were clinging on at the end.

Hopefully Gatland will learn a few lessons from that and I can see both sides improving for the Second test next week. I still think the Lions will win the series, but it will probably go down to the last game.

This series could turn George North into a superstar. That he is just 21 is unbelievable. If he stays away from major injury throughout his career he'll go down as an all time great.

It was there for the Wallabies to win, but once again they've kicked poorly, after losing their Brumbies points star in just 50 seconds on debut, Leali'ifano.

They had two chances to win it, late on, but blew it tactically; for me the pivotol moment was not backing themselves on the Lion's five meter line, and opting for three points, when in fact they had an excellent chance for seven, with the Lion's defense bowing to the pressure, the momentum shifting back to the Aussies.

Genia, Horwill, Beale, and Ioane (the usual suspects) were outstanding, and as for new boy Folau, his future as a Wallaby is secure, after a mesmerising try, and great support with Genia for the first try.

Hopefully they can still send the northern monkeys home with their tails between their legs, by turning the series around.

*Whistles*

Great match, both teams have some excitement machines that can break the line out of nothing.

Se bad missed kicks from us early (and late) cost us badly. We really need someone to just stay behind and kick 1000 goals after every training, there is no stand out kicker and penalty kicks usually make or break you.

I don't agree with the first bit but I do agree that the changes to the front 3 disrupted the Lions. That said the mess of a scrum 5 yards our of the aussie line was due to a lack of ball control from Heaslip and the latter penalty was from a good counter push by the Aussies due to the Lions dicking around with for too long in the scrum.

If you have an absolute, overwhelming advantage at the scrum it is massive but so often even a dominant scrum can get penalised due to refs interpretation. It is such a hit & miss area that imo its best to just put in and get out as quick as possible.

Vunipola isn't the best scrummager but he is dynamic in the open and hopefully in the next two test we will see his impact off the bench becoming a factor.

Hopefully next week the ref will allow teams to actually try & compete at the breakdown. It should work in our favour

Didn't come through Heaslip, came out the side. Awful scrum and the new front three gave up the Lions dominance in this area.

I thought the Lions forwards were well on top, although without any really dominant performances. Probably Tom Youngs was the pick, although the whole front row did well. Second row and back row, no stand outs, but there weren't really any on the Aussie side either which probably shows they did a decent job.

Sexton had moments of quality, he just didn't get enough quick service as Phillips either just was popping it off close in (and slowly at that) or getting caught going by himself. Centres were OK, North was an absolute beast and Cuthbert took his try well.

I'd play Ben Youngs as he has a history of being able to match it with Genia. Phillips can't keep up.

Mind you if the Aussie forwards step up a bit and they actually pick a number 10 who can play there they will be a lot more dangerous.

I thought the Lions forwards were well on top, although without any really dominant performances. Probably Tom Youngs was the pick, although the whole front row did well. Second row and back row, no stand outs, but there weren't really any on the Aussie side either which probably shows they did a decent job.

Sexton had moments of quality, he just didn't get enough quick service as Phillips either just was popping it off close in (and slowly at that) or getting caught going by himself. Centres were OK, North was an absolute beast and Cuthbert took his try well.

I'd play Ben Youngs as he has a history of being able to match it with Genia. Phillips can't keep up.

Mind you if the Aussie forwards step up a bit and they actually pick a number 10 who can play there they will be a lot more dangerous.

Do you have one available for selection though?

Do you have one available for selection though?

Oi! I'm English.

I reckon the Aussies will still pick O'Connor, but he's better off wide. When Genia is on the form he was it probably doesn't really matter as he dictates the whole play. Probably Beale will come in at full back, but he can play 10 as well.

Oi! I'm English.

I reckon the Aussies will still pick O'Connor, but he's better off wide. When Genia is on the form he was it probably doesn't really matter as he dictates the whole play. Probably Beale will come in at full back, but he can play 10 as well.

Sincere apologies.

What a great match it was, full of incident, near misses, dodgy ref decisions, edge of the seat stuff.

The scrum definitely suffered when the replacements were made, as they didn't seem to have the edge any more. I was surprised that Jones got taken off so early, as he is immense. O'Connell will now become a big miss, but Parling has been impressive on tour so far. The back row just didn't work for me at all. As well as Croft did in the line out, he didn't seem to do much around the fringes. I'd bring in Tipuric myself as he's quicker around the pitch and would help target Genia.

I think Gatland should tell Philips to stop with the box kicks, as they were bloody dreadful, and he did look cumbersome but his physicality is important.

Sexton did ok, but did seem to pull out of a few tackles, which needs to be rectified. I don't think the BOB and Davies partnership worked, as both are too similar. Roberts, if fit, will get his place back. The back 3 did well enough, Cuthbert looked a bit heavy legged, but took his try well, and I don't think we can say anything more about North and Halfpenny, as they did their jobs.

With all the injuries the Aussies now have, then the 2nd test should be another interesting game, but I think the lions will edge it by about 10 points.

England win the Under 20 World Cup beating Wales in an entertaining final.

Wales led 15-3 at half time with England harshly having a man sin binned instead of being awarded a try, for England to come back and win 23-15.

You're joking right?

I only saw the first half then I went to play football (yeah get over it) I fully expected to come home and see Wales had won. I haven't seen the second half but by the sounds of it England absolutely battered Wales.

You're joking right?

I only saw the first half then I went to play football (yeah get over it) I fully expected to come home and see Wales had won. I haven't seen the second half but by the sounds of it England absolutely battered Wales.

No I'm not joking. There's no way you can tell if there was any intent to catch anyone else with the knee and even if there was he caught his own man.

You even had the Welsh commentator saying it should have been a try.

Wales just fucked up in the second half, they were the better side for the first half and even parts of the second.

Last 20 minutes they were fucked though.