You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Chelsea kept bidding higher and higher [for Torres], until we got to a point where the difference between their first and final bid was double. They [FSG] asked me what the risks were and I said that if things don’t go well you’ll lose something on Andy, but it is difficult to measure whether you will make money if things go well because Liverpool aren’t a selling club and he could be here for ten years.

“They asked Kenny and myself if we were happy to do the deal. We said ‘yes’ and they said they were happy to take the risk because Fernando had to go.

Comolli on the partnership that never was — Suárez and Torres “If you look at the stats, Luis scored 41 in 44 games with Ajax before we bought him. I knew that was not going to happen in England with anybody. We never saw him as a finisher who would replace Fernando. I kept saying to Fernando ‘stay here, we are signing a very good player who is going to play with you,’ but he said he was going anyway. I said ‘you want more support, we are bringing a top player who will create for you’ but it didn’t matter. But we signed him to play with Fernando and I would have loved to have seen those two play together.”

What a load of shit. Torres didn't have to go at all, he had two and a half years left on his contract. Rooney, Tevez and Fabregas had all made noises about wanting to leave their respective clubs earlier that season, but their clubs kept hold of them. We could easily have done the same.

Correct me if I´m wrong, but didn´t Henry and Werner go and meet quite a many fan clubs after they had bought the club ? I remember SOS at least was in close contact with them at some point, probably some others also, and I´m sure those meetings weren´t spent in total silence... To be honest, it wouldn´t surprise me the slightest if they got the idea of "going british" from those meetings.

Too much democracy isn´t always a good thing in a football club, but I´m sure they´ve learned their lesson by now.

You are right that NESV ran a series of meet and greets upon arrival. Subsequently they initiated the Fans Forum. Any suggestion that our woes are down to taking fans advice is risible.

The buy British policy represented KK’s attempt to replicate the formulas which had served him so well here, and at Blackburn, first time around.

I do not recognise the suggestion that we are suffering from too much democracy. We are suffering from inexperience and poor leadership.

the only way this wanker won his "unfair dismissal" case was if the Judge was a manc, or the judge doesnt know football.

because anybody deserve the sack for signing Andy Carrol, Stewart Downing and Jordan Henderson.

3 utterly average players bought for ludicrously outrageous prices. If we didnt know any better you'd nearly think Comolli was getting a percentage of each of those transfers.

his and Kennys transfer dealings made Houlliers signing of Diouf and Cheyrou look like Galatico signings

Comolli has been made a scapegoat for Kenny's buy british obsession. It's plainly obvious Downing and Henderson were Dalglish signings and that's why he no longer has a job. Comolli has been hung out to dry and is rightfully claiming his just compensation for the damage caused to his reputation.

I'm curious - have you made it out of The Lobby on Arsenal Mania yet?

Comolli has been made a scapegoat for Kenny's buy british obsession. It's plainly obvious Downing and Henderson were Dalglish signings and that's why he no longer has a job. Comolli has been hung out to dry and is rightfully claiming his just compensation for the damage caused to his reputation.

I think the damage had already been done long before we sent him on his way. Probably by the time he left Arsenal. Or it might have been after his sacking from Spurs.

The brutal truth is that they were both as bad as each other. The double page Times interview with Comolli makes for chastening reading.

Their rationale for the Carroll deal was that it was part of the Babel/Torres out Suarez/ Carroll in sequence which resulted in a net balance in fees, and a reduction in wages. It is logic in a bubble.

In footballing terms and business terms we grotesquely overpaid in fees and wages for Carroll, any profit we made on the quartet of ins and outs should have been far higher.

Kenny's buy british policy was not an obsession, it was a deliberate move to replicate the formula which had worked so well for him here first time around, and then at Blackburn. That is no surprise.

Brian Barwick? Plenty have said we should have gone for him Zig. The owners even had him working for them reviewing the tv output.

Well that went well, didn't it! The output's even worse than last year! But seriously, yes, he'd be a safe pair of hands in that role, has some charm and a good rapport with the media.

Kenny's buy british policy was not an obsession, it was a deliberate move to replicate the formula which had worked so well for him here first time around, and then at Blackburn. That is no surprise.

I'm more than happy to correct you time and time again for the benefit of those who are, fortunately, unfamiliar with your insanity.

Xerxes The Cunt likes to post falsehoods in order to garner reaction.

Dalglish was not responsible for any transfer policy. FSG and Comolli were. Dalglish worked within their framework.

I'm more than happy to correct you time and time again for the benefit of those who are, fortunately, unfamiliar with your insanity.

Dalglish was not responsible for any transfer policy. FSG and Comolli were. Dalglish worked within their framework.

Indeed mate. I'm sure I remember reading Kenny as saying something along the lines of being happy to work with a DOF (comolli) and let him work behind the scenes freeing Kenny to work with the team.

A correction from you is like listening to a lecture from Jimmy Savile on child protection;)

Furthermore it would require a knowledge about football, and LFC, which you do not possess.

KK not responsible for our transfers? FSG telling him to "buy british"? I am not sure what is more breathtaking, your ignorance, or your ignorance of your ignorance.

Indeed mate. I'm sure I remember reading Kenny as saying something along the lines of being happy to work with a DOF (comolli) and let him work behind the scenes freeing Kenny to work with the team.

If you had read the verbatim interview with Comolli in the Times yesterday you would be up to speed.You are wrong.

A correction from you is like listening to a lecture from Jimmy Savile on child protection;)

Furthermore it would require a knowledge about football, and LFC, which you do not possess.

KK not responsible for our transfers? FSG telling him to "buy british"? I am not sure what is more breathtaking, your ignorance, or your ignorance of your ignorance.

So, you stupid, needy cunt - you think Dalglish who was hired as caretaker manager 3 months after FSG bought the club, he who was hired as caretaker manager months after Comolli was put in place as DoF, was responsible for a transfer strategy based on moneyball/soccernomics/data? You believe, at that time, FSG handed that much responsibility to a caretaker manager?

To any normal minded person it's clear Dalglish was working within a framework but this is the problem with shitpipes like you, you clog threads with your attention seeking, falsified, poorly thought out, laborious nonsense. You have absolutely no sense of humour, no redeeming qualities at all.

I'm posting this for the benefit of those unfamiliar with your fuckwittery.

Just keep scrolling past people, nothing to see here.

So despite his clear incompetence he has still managed to win an unfair dismissal claim.

Just what is it going to take for people to wake up and realise that we are being run in a totally unprofessional manner.

Can't state it more plainly than this.

Comolli was a totally incompetent DoF, and this article just shows that all the more clearly. How on earth we could manage to bollocks up his sacking to the point where he could even dream to win a claim for unfair dismissal is mind-boggling. Ayre must be one of the most incompetent people in English football.

The worst part is that you can't see an end to it. The best thing we could hope for is that some billionaire Arab or Chinese consortium comes and buys us out and turns us into the next City. It's that bad - that's actually the best possible outcome at this point, and it's at least several years away. I actually like Rodgers and I think with a decent ownership/front office situation behind him he might actually do well, but he's going to struggle as long as our club is being run by absolute morons.

Guest ShoePiss
Can't state it more plainly than this.

Comolli was a totally incompetent DoF, and this article just shows that all the more clearly. How on earth we could manage to bollocks up his sacking to the point where he could even dream to win a claim for unfair dismissal is mind-boggling. Ayre must be one of the most incompetent people in English football.

The worst part is that you can't see an end to it. The best thing we could hope for is that some billionaire Arab or Chinese consortium comes and buys us out and turns us into the next City. It's that bad - that's actually the best possible outcome at this point, and it's at least several years away. I actually like Rodgers and I think with a decent ownership/front office situation behind him he might actually do well, but he's going to struggle as long as our club is being run by absolute morons.

I'd be much happier with owners that were passionate about the game, our club and the city than some billionaire.

As for FSG I'd like them to fuck off, especially Henry the weasely faced cunt. Problem is we're more likely to see them replaced with more of the same. The family silver has well and truly gone.

I'm posting this for the benefit of those unfamiliar with your fuckwittery.Just keep scrolling past people, nothing to see here.

Anyone seeking fuckwittery need look no further than your posts, by scrolling past yours they would miss nothing, other than a good laugh at your expense.

I am still chuckling at your hallucination that paying £35m for Carroll and tripling his wages was an FSG/ moneyball edict.

I can just imagine Henry saying "Gee guys what the team needs is some Briits" and Kenny thinking "I' disagree, but ok then". Or Comolli saying, "Zut alors! Ou est les Rosbifs?"

But keep them coming, I am enjoying this.:P