You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A list over the 30 best paid managers/coaches in the world.

The wages are in Norwegian kroner, I could not be bothered to change it.

Exchange rate is around £1 = 9.70 kroner

1. José Mourinho (Real Madrid) 112,5 mill nok.

2. Carlo Ancelotti (PSG) 98,7 mill nok.

3. Marcelo Lippi (Guangzhou) 73,15 mill nok.

4. Alex Ferguson (Manchester United) 69 mill nok.

5. Arsène Wenger (Arsenal) 68 mill nok.

6. Guus Hiddink (Anzhi) 60 mill nok.

7. Fabio Capello (Russia) 56 mill nok.

8. Tito Vilanova (Barcelona) 51 mill nok.

10. José Camacho (China) 43,5 mill nok.

10. Roberto Mancini (Manchester City) 43,5 mill. kroner

11. Frank Rijkaard (Saudi-Arabia) 38,5 mill. kroner

12. Jupp Heynckes (Bayern München) 37,4 mill. kroner

13. André Villas-Boas (Tottenham) 33 mill. kroner

15. Harry Redknapp (QPR) 28 mill. kroner

15. Jorje Jesus (Benfica) 28 mill. kroner

18. David Moyes (Everton) 26 mill. kroner

18. Manuel Pellegrini (Málaga) 26 mill. kroner

18. Paulo Autuori (Qatar) 26 mill. kroner

19. Abel Braga (Fluminense) 25,5 mill. kroner

20. Luciano Spalletti (Zenit) 23,8 mill. kroner

25. Antonio Conte (Juventus) 22,1 mill. kroner

25. Cesare Prandelli (Italy) 22,1 mill. kroner

25. Vanderlei Luxemburgo (Grêmio) 22,1 mill. kroner

25. Muricy Ramalho (Santos) 22,1 mill. kroner

25. Tite (Corinthians) 22,1 mill. kroner

26. Ottmar Hitzfeld (Switzerland) 18,7 mill. kroner

30. Joachim Löw (Germany) 17,8 mill. kroner

30. Marcelo Bielsa (Athletic Bilbao) 17,8 mill. kroner

30. Martin O'Neill (Sunderland) 17,8 mill. kroner

30. Roy Hodgson (England) 17,8 mill. kroner

• Upvote 1

Posted this in another thread:

We are a big club, but here is the thing:

We have a young manager that is trying to build his team, that was never going to happen over the course of one transfer window and we always knew that we were going to struggle this season after what happened in the summer.

In the first half we were dreadful, but then I saw the character our team and guess what....they actually started to play well around the 20 minute mark, stamping our brand of football in the game. Hendo unlucky to level things before they went 2 up.

The dreadful start costed us dearly, but when they emerged for the second half, there was belief in the team that they can turn it around. We missed our chances, but we forced a goal. At that point, I knew that no matter what would happen next, these players will fight for each other.

The point is Code, you can shove the worst start bollocks up your ass. This is not a time to point fingers and say that our current manager is shitest of all the Liverpool managers. This a time where this team and this manager need our support and our patience. The change has come and it will gradually start bearing fruit.

Fuck off with all that agenda driven shit that you post day in and day out. The stage is set where we only need a few key signings to really make this team tick.

On top of that with Lucas coming back we are going to be more solid in the middle, something that we have sorely missed.

Rodgers was right, we were coming up against a side that are building their squad for the past 3 years, but at some points in the game pinned them back playing some great football whilst doing it.

Give the man and the team time, and you will not be disappointed. Its a slightly easier job when fans back the team and manager, instead of having to put pressure on the man whose job is to bring back our golden years.

No need to be so aggressive, I wasn't saying it was.

As much as I hope Brendan does well here, you do have to wonder if the owners chose him for financial reasons, rather than footballing ones. And i'm not solely talking about his contract either.

Wasn't being aggressive... It doesn't matter if they are seen as willing to or not as we're not shopping for a new one.

Posted this in another thread:

While some of the stuff you say is admirable, and indeed true...I don't feel its a fair depiction of things right now.

Many of our fans seem to have an 'either end of the spectrum' view of everything regarding our club.

The only way the club is going to get better is through a self-critical - but not fatalistic - approach to the club, in both a footballing and business sense.

Things are not as rosy as you propose. The manager has made countless mistakes. The owners simply have not demonstrated either the finances or knowledge to suggest they will take us very far. Bleak.

That said, sacking Brendan would be retarded. Nearly as retarded as ignoring a certain CL winning manager this summer.

Wasn't being aggressive... It doesn't matter if they are seen as willing to or not as we're not shopping for a new one.

Well, it does matter, because their willingness to invest in perhaps the most crucial role at our club is quite indicative of their willingness to invest at all.

We aren't shopping for a new one, but we may in the future - who knows? The owners are impulsive, thick cunts afterall. Similarly we find ourselves approaching January shopping for a new x, y and z - which will no doubt leave many of us disappointed.

This thread hasn't got much to do with the manager. Its to do with the owners.

The cunts.

Well, it does matter, because their willingness to invest in perhaps the most crucial role at our club is quite indicative of their willingness to invest at all.

We aren't shopping for a new one, but we may in the future - who knows? The owners are impulsive, thick cunts afterall. Similarly we find ourselves approaching January shopping for a new x, y and z - which will no doubt leave many of us disappointed.

This thread hasn't got much to do with the manager. Its to do with the owners.

The cunts.

Really? It matters? And how do you quantify if they are willing to invest in the managerial position when they are not interviewing candidates for it?

By magic ballot? Do you pick names out of hats? Are you clairvoyant?

As for the willing to invest 'at all'? Well, they invested big two summers ago --- That went well.

They invested 30m last summer. That seems to be ok, without sarcasm, and we're making noises about looking to add players in January.

I guess you must be clairvoyant because you've suggested that we're going to be disappointed with our additions with 'no doubt' behind your prediction.

Let's be honest here... You could have just typed "The owners are cunts" and it'd make more sense than the post you just made.

You get what you pay for eh? Well we didn't last season you boring cunt. We had a manager who was the 7 th highest earning manager in World football. Earning the same ad Slur Alex & we still finished 8th. Below Alan Pardews Newcastle. So, proof that you don't actually get what you pay for, you boring, horrible, agenda driven twat. God, I hate you.

Mourinho the world’s highest-paid football coach | DAWN.COM

While some of the stuff you say is admirable, and indeed true...I don't feel its a fair depiction of things right now.

Many of our fans seem to have an 'either end of the spectrum' view of everything regarding our club.

The only way the club is going to get better is through a self-critical - but not fatalistic - approach to the club, in both a footballing and business sense.

Things are not as rosy as you propose. The manager has made countless mistakes. The owners simply have not demonstrated either the finances or knowledge to suggest they will take us very far. Bleak.

That said, sacking Brendan would be retarded. Nearly as retarded as ignoring a certain CL winning manager this summer.

I am not overlooking the mistakes made by the manager nor am I in any fantasy land regarding our owners.

The point is we have a young manager and a young team, both that will make mistakes. However that counts for very little based on the brand of football that we are playing. The players need to learn the new system and the manager needs to learn his players. I cannot say that its been overly disappointed with what has happened as I think we are playing great football at times.

Regarding the owners and transfers, we have said that this coming January will prove their worth. There is a glaring need for a striker, who needs to be bought in early on in the month so that we can him up running before that sequence of games start.

I hold off my judgement until then.