You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I haven't been following Liverpool fora in recent times so just wondering what people make of where we are at the moment.

I guess I had a bad feeling about KK when I saw that there wasn't a peep out of him whilst C&A nearly took the club to the brink of existence. The fact that he then conducted a search and decided HE was the best man to take the club forward didn't help matters. Then walking off with a cool £15m having wasted £80m odd on Henderson, Carroll, Adam and Downing. Why is the guy so immune to criticism?

In any case we now have a man in charge who, if you watched the Swansea game, doesn't have a clue how to organise a team. It was so disjointed and such a dreadful game. And it makes it worse when you have to listen to Rodgers telling us all how great we were afterwards. Like, "lower your expectations people, we're a mid-table team now. It was a good hard-earned point."

Dunno about other people on here but I'm not happy with the direction the club is going in. The Yanks seem to have decided to spend no more money having been so badly burned by Dalglish ("one or two loan signings") and have a yes-man in Rodgers who'll never challenge them and continue to lower our expectations.

It's easy to blame FSG for where we are now. As a group of investors however (which they are), they've bought assets which have more than halved in value over the course of a year or so. It's not good business. And now they're trying to recoup their losses. Whose fault is that?

We're going nowhere right now. Not sure what we can do other than re-appoint Benitez and hope he can work his alchemy again. But then he's not going to toe the "balance the books" line like Rodgers is doing at the moment. So unless there's a sheikh out there we'll be following the "Arsenal model" while these guys remain in charge. And they have a man in charge who won't challenge them.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read this drivel before somewhere, it must have been copied and pasted, almost word for word about Dalglish. I'm pretty sure 'KK' said in the media he supported the fans internet campaign as he released his book. The old yanks were still in charge at that point, and book promotion or not he did not stay silent.

You're a very poor Wum Red22

Well if you call following the club for 25 years and being concerned about the current state of affairs, as well as what's happened over the past few years, being a "wum" then so be it.

On the other hand I could be a sheep and refuse to say anything bad about Dalglish as well as pretend everything's hunky dory and Rodgers is doing a great job.

I read this drivel before somewhere, it must have been copied and pasted, almost word for word about Dalglish. I'm pretty sure 'KK' said in the media he supported the fans internet campaign as he released his book. The old yanks were still in charge at that point, and book promotion or not he did not stay silent.

I can assure you it came out of my own head based on what I've seen over the past two years. Of course KK would support the fans' internet campaign - he's not an idiot and handled and it a canny individual.

He's £15m richer now, said fuck-all when the club was taken to the cliff, and yet people are afraid to be critical of him?!

I prescribe a permanent course of not following Liverpool fora. Or posting on them.

Nah, kinda feel I'll speak my mind if I want. But only if that's ok with you?

Main points in the OP are being lost i.e. the fact that we're going nowhere now, the lack of funds, how bad we were against Swansea and have been all season, etc.

Sure king kenny fucked us over and has probably put the Americans off spending ever again. So now we get two loans in January?! We're kinda screwed are we not?

He got £2m

Remember reading £12m at the time. Just looking around now it seems it's been more widely reported as £8m though so seems we're both wrong. Can't imagine he was just being paid £1m a season for his remaining two years?

As I said I'm not Kenny's greatest fan but that's history, although the ramifications are current. Biggest problem is that we've got a crap yes-man manager and we're playing without any heart or organisation.

The Yanks will get their wish and Suarez will leave for a big fee in the summer. As I said though, I don't think it's their fault. We would have been in all sorts of shit if they hadn't taken over.

It is a very very strange thing how some are in complete denial about the hash Kenny made of it all.

The blokes done many great things for the club and is a true genuine legend but i dont see why that should alter the fact that he fucked it all right up or why people lose their minds when people mention it.

If it was anyone else that burned that golden opportunity ......

Can somebody please post a picture of someone facepalming, with a caption somewhere along the lines of "not this shit again"? I'm at work and photo sites are blocked.

Red22 - You're entitled to your opinions, but did it really need another thread to add to the myriad of existing bitchfest threads already running? Why not just post in one of those?

Just spoken to a doctor friend Fugitive and he suggests you come back to that hospital you ran away from and go through with that brain transplant.

Brain transplants are impossible, you daft cunt. Suicide is possible and it's a path I think you should take.

I've just negbombed this mouth breather on the GF and thread has gone. I fucking happy with that negbomb as well.

Can somebody please post a picture of someone facepalming, with a caption somewhere along the lines of "not this shit again"? I'm at work and photo sites are blocked.

Red22 - You're entitled to your opinions, but did it really need another thread to add to the myriad of existing bitchfest threads already running? Why not just post in one of those?

Sorry man, not meant as a bitchfest. Just an honest opinion on KK, Rodgers, the Americans, the match last Sunday and where we are as a football club right now. It's intended to stimulate debate and is an honest opinion but inevitably awakens the odd mong.