You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Early thoughts on Rodgers

fowler9

£5m for him and his merry band of sycophants from Swansea - no strikers - the player he bought who's now injured is no loss as he's wank - 3 points worse off from the same 7 fixtures last year - comes across as a prick on that documentary thing - makes me of all people pine for Rafa - I think that says it all!

He's woeful!

Guest davelfc
I really like him, I think he's going to be really good for us if he's given the opportunity and finances to compete.

You could say the same about almost any manager out there.

The important thing is, compete with who? (or is it whom?)

So far managed to clear out some deadwood, is giving young players an opportunity which they're showing they're capable of taking, will need to be given time to bring in the players he needs to complement this.

I don't think we're far off from challenging top four, just a couple of additions in key areas.

I think he's getting unfair criticism from being Liverpool, he didn't choose to do it, embraced it in a positive way and has come across quite well over all. I think there's managers out there who wouldn't come across so favourably.

So I think he needs time, and he's shown enough to deserve it. Plus the players seem to like him and want to play for him, which is important.

Guest davelfc
Charlton, Barnsley, Hull, and the rest of the Championship.

Following your team must be a joyless experience for you, why not try looking at the positives, rather than presume negatives.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
You could say the same about almost any manager out there.

The important thing is, compete with who? (or is it whom?)

You could say it, but we've seen that not everybody can do it. Regardless of resources, time, or even if they've done it before, we've seen that people aren't necessarily able to do it.

My point, my prediction, is that he can do it. He'll require money to get the players he wants in order to compete with the likes of United and City, and he needs time to turn around this juggernaut. However, given those things, I personally believe and predict that he'll take us very far.

I also understand the size of the job at the club we all profess to support. We're in a bad place, we've been stuck in the past, clinging onto it for years. We need short term disruption whilst the foundations are built. In my opinion, we've got to be patient with that process or we really are going to become the next Aston Villa.

Guest davelfc

My point, my prediction, is that he can do it. He'll require money to get the players he wants in order to compete with the likes of United and City, and he needs time to turn around this juggernaut. However, given those things, I personally believe and predict that he'll take us very far.

Talk about stating the bleeding obvious.

Surprised at the negative comments on Bren Rodge - it's very early days and he's already improved a good bit within the club - style of play and developing of youngsters being two main ones.

His main charge for me would be spending £11m on Borini, a player he apparently coveted for much time. While it is also early days for Borini, I'm not overly liking what I'm seeing since he arrived. The Carroll / no striker saga was not entirely his fault.

Looking at results, while they're not great on paper, Arsenal was really the only game where we could have no qualms about the negative result and we were outplayed. The others have been either good performances or mares from refs. But this will only wash for so long I know. Hopefully Reading tomorrow will be the start of a decent run. Also, not to forget we are reasonably placed in both cups that have so far started.

I don't find his interviews cringeworthy at all - I think he talks sense, defends the club and his players at all times and I thought he handled the Hillsborough stuff with the right balance of sensitivity and tough talking when required ("I've never had to tell our fans how to behave" in response to Slur's signed letter to the inbreds).

7.5/10 so far, but possibly on negative watch.

Guest davelfc
Surprised at the negative comments on Bren Rodge - it's very early days and he's already improved a good bit within the club - style of play and developing of youngsters being two main ones.

You could look at it that he's managed to get professional footballers to kick a ball to each other and also that he's been forced to use the youngsters because of a paper thin squad.

Time will tell, points will tell the most.

Guest davelfc
Because if you expect a turd sandwich, and you're given a turd sandwich you can't be disappointed. If you expect a turd sandwich and get fillet steak, happy days!

Surely there's a middle ground there, maybe a mcdonalds burger. This whole footy thing is supposed to be fun, being totally negative about it isn't how it's supposed to be, neither is being totally positive.

The highs and lows are what makes it fun, you need sometimes to eat a few turd sandwiches to really appreciate those fillet steaks.

Surely there's a middle ground there, maybe a mcdonalds burger. This whole footy thing is supposed to be fun, being totally negative about it isn't how it's supposed to be, neither is being totally positive.

The highs and lows are what makes it fun, you need sometimes to eat a few turd sandwiches to really appreciate those fillet steaks.

Just think of me as Eeyore in the Winnie the Pooh books mate. While everyone else is digging in to honey sandwiches, I'll be in the corner eating thistles!! :)

So far our team both looks and is incredible shite, but the adjustments needed are not that big so it might come good.

He was out of his depth in the transfer window and he can only blame himself for that.

He is also a bit of a joke figure but if our results improve I could not care less, if they dont he should be gone in the summer or sooner if it gets critical.

Fuckin' hysterical , could not make it up .

What a bloody clown you are , ha ha ha ha .

We have shit supporters.

Hurts me to say that, so I want to be wrong. I've been away from home for 18 months so I don't know what the vibe is like amongst the match going fans. Surely it's not a reflection of this? Speaking to my mates back home, things seem mostly positive. What's going on?

You think we will get relegated :eek:

Yup. I've even got a bet going with one of the lads on TTWAR.

If we're outside the bottom three in January I give £10 to the HJC, if we're outside the top five in January he gives £10 to the HJC.

They could end up with £20, but I think it'll just be his tenner!!