You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

And both of them ended up in a relegation fight.

I didn't suggest anything different! My point was Bolton would never had imagined the end of the season on the back of that result, there is always results like this.

I can already see that this season is going to be horrible and yet again another season where we are at each others throats. There was muted (thankfully) attempts to start a Kenny chant yesterday that was drowned out with the first Rogers song. But those fans were still trying in the second half (although the West Brom fans were singing for Kenny).

Whilst I can't disagree with the need for change in the club, very few fans acknowledge their own behaviour in the past few years, we haven't been united for a while (Suarez incident apart)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry for starting this thread today, I really am. I genuinely don't want to be on the managers back but he's not good enough, not now anyway and what makes it a hundred times worse is the freaks that are supposed to be steering the ship are drunks, at best.

We are a clown outfit from top to bottom at the moment. I'm a 35yr old man(boy, admittedly) and l've spent all my life supporting the club and I'm desperately upset at the moment. I watch the interviews with the manager and the owners and they make me sick to my stomach. It's not even lies, it's simple incompetence. We are now on par with Bolton, Burnley and the likes and it hurts.

Look mate, I can understand how annoyed you are about the result, but the size of the job is massive and I really think the last thing we need at this stage of the season is to turn on Rodgers. Give him a few months. If we're 12th or 13th in February, then we can begin to question things. The kind of players he has been trying to bring in like Tello and Sahin are encouraging. We might not get them, but at least we seem to be looking for them rather than the Koncheskys and Downings of this world. It's just a pity that we weren't going for players like that several years ago when we were a Champions League club. If we had we might be challenging for titles right now rather than desperately trying to chase a top 4 finish.

I've no doubt that Kenny would be appalled at any fan chanting his name like that. It doesn't help anyone but the other team and goes against everything the club stands for.

this forum is cringeworthy today/yesturday

one fucking game!

This is spot on, people should just chill out for fucks sake. Its one game, yes it was shite and frankly embarrassing but its one fucking game. If we are still like this in a month or so`s time then fair enough, start panicking. There might actually be some sense to the moaning then but give it a chance.

Cringeworthy is correct.

Guest ShoePiss
correct me if i'm wrong, but rogers style of football reminds me of souness style, all diddy men running around like clockwork mice and pass pass pass til' any goal chance is nullified

That reminds me of periods under Evans more than Souness, "to be fair". Passing for passing's sake

I've no doubt that Kenny would be appalled at any fan chanting his name like that. It doesn't help anyone but the other team and goes against everything the club stands for.

I agree.

For some there is a default retro stance which helps no-one.

Rodgers is a break from the past with new ideas, supporting change rather than looking backwards is what we need.