You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Podcasts

chorlton

Quite enjoying "Betamax Babylon", which is basically two "geezers" discussing 80's action films. Its all very Cockney-Mockney, but Sam Delaney comes up with a few funny remarks per episode, whilst the other fella is just a movie dork. I chuckled frequently at the Commando one in particular. It's 40 minutes of absolute fluff which i can listen to whilst walking the dogs.  

• 1 month later...

These are the history ones I've been listening to. Not got through all of them yet, The Ancients is brilliant and has been eating up most of my time. Only skipped two or three and done all over them in about 7-10 days. So many interesting subjects especially the ones on Pompei, Marcus Agrippa, Poison, Irish at Waterloo

Screenshot_20201216_102930_fm.castbox.audiobook.radio.podcast.jpg

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Either mate, just for my walks

Bombshell, The Bugle, The Political Party, Politico insider (will start soon, but the guy knows his way around Westminster), Pod Save The World/America, Politically Reactive are all good and detailed, but not too heavy.

The BBC, Guardian, Economist and New Statesman all have good ones as well, especially The Economist which tend to be short(ish) but really informative.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Bombshell, The Bugle, The Political Party, Politico insider (will start soon, but the guy knows his way around Westminster), Pod Save The World/America, Politically Reactive are all good and detailed, but not too heavy.

The BBC, Guardian, Economist and New Statesman all have good ones as well, especially The Economist which tend to be short(ish) but really informative.

Just listened to the Political Party episode with Mandelson, fascinating stuff.

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

No one ever believes me. 

I'm no fan of the reality TV celebrities as they are annoying as fuck but the interview was very insightful into the processes for these shows and the affect it has on the wannabee Z Listers. Rylan knows how to play the system perfectly though and you only have to see his house on celebrity Gogglebox to know he makes a fucking fortune. So fair play, he comes across as a sound bloke as well.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Elite said:

I'm no fan of the reality TV celebrities as they are annoying as fuck but the interview was very insightful into the processes for these shows and the affect it has on the wannabee Z Listers. Rylan knows how to play the system perfectly though and you only have to see his house on celebrity Gogglebox to know he makes a fucking fortune. So fair play, he comes across as a sound bloke as well.

Yeah, Mrs met him a couple of years ago when he turned the Christmas lights on, said he was lovely.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Elite said:

I was only joking. 

But I’ve read a few times that he’s a consummate professional too.  Turns up on time, knows his lines and is super nice to all the people behind the camera (have I said this before?) I think Frank Skinner was especially nice about him and he’s a right miserable cunt (that’s why I like him). 

Ive listened to the Sia one now and it’s good too.  She’s got an amazing voice (this may not be news) 

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I was only joking. 

But I’ve read a few times that he’s a consummate professional too.  Turns up on time, knows his lines and is super nice to all the people behind the camera (have I said this before?) I think Frank Skinner was especially nice about him and he’s a right miserable cunt (that’s why I like him). 

Ive listened to the Sia one now and it’s good too.  She’s got an amazing voice (this may not be news) 

Another vote for Rylan here, seems to be a really good bloke. I like Sia, crazy good voice on her. 

• Upvote 2