You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LFC approach Wigan for martinez

Guest San Don

Hard to argue with anything he has said there. United hardly have a team of players comparable ability wise with Barca or even a lot of sides thesedays but they still find a way to compete year after year.

It's still a rampant exaggeration to state that they're better in "many" ways. They're stronger mentally, in every other way they're vastly inferior.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Van Gaal as dof seems to be the biggest talk this morning.

Isn't he quite the arrogant, irascible type from what I remember ?

I would have thought a dof needs reasonable diplomatic skills or it is a dead duck from the start.

By all accounts he's an absolute nutter who could pick a fight at a peace rally, but his credentials are phenomenal.

We had a diplomatic figure in Comolli, those tactics saw Newcastle bend him over, the Suarez situation spiral out of control and the manager left shouldering too much of the burdeon.

Ii'd rather have a strong DoF like Van Gaal handling things. So long as you don't look him in the eye or ask where the bodies are buried he'll bring success with him.

It's still a rampant exaggeration to state that they're better in "many" ways. They're stronger mentally, in every other way they're vastly inferior.

They have a plan B. That's a big downfall for Barca despite it being arguably their greatest strength also. United continue to adapt to challenges year after year. The club on a whole is much more stable when it comes to management because of that horrible whiskey nosed twat.

By all accounts he's an absolute nutter who could pick a fight at a peace rally' date=' but his credentials are phenomenal.

We had a diplomatic figure in Comolli, those tactics saw Newcastle bend him over, the Suarez situation spiral out of control and the manager left shouldering too much of the burdeon.

Ii'd rather have a strong DoF like Van Gaal handling things. So long as you don't look him in the eye or ask where the bodies are buried he'll bring success with him.[/quote']

I'd be interested to try and sound out Monchi as our DOF. He on a shoestring found and helped develop some great players and every deal seemed to make Sevilla money.

By all accounts he's an absolute nutter who could pick a fight at a peace rally' date=' but his credentials are phenomenal.

Ii'd rather have a strong DoF like Van Gaal handling things. So long as you don't look him in the eye or ask where the bodies are buried he'll bring success with him.[/quote']

I like him the only problem, which could be a good thing if we have one of the inexperienced people mentioned. Is as a man who has managed for the past 20 odd years he will be interfering, the way it works at places like Bayern is the dof even has a say when the gk is dropped or says fast track these players from the academy. They discuss formations etc. May as well just give him the job as manager and give Martinez the number two role (not that he would probably take such a role), he could do the interviews..

I'd even argue with the statement that they're somehow stronger menatlly.

The Barca players must be strong mentally to keep playing that type of football in the last 5 mins of a game (where they are drawing or behind) when the impulse must be to get the ball forward into the danger area. That takes mental strength.

Van Gaal as dof seems to be the biggest talk this morning.Isn't he quite the arrogant, irascible type from what I remember ?

I would have thought a dof needs reasonable diplomatic skills or it is a dead duck from the start.

It all depends who you team him with.

He is exactly what we need, and have been missing, in terms of football experience, a collossus of the game.

He would make mincemeat of Ayre and makes Rafa look like Mary Poppins- he could be just what we need.

What the fuck is wrong with our fan base, every single person in the wlrld gets insulted. No matter who is mentioned

Exactly, and considering that this is first time since Roy Evans left that Martin Fucking O'Neill hasn't been mentioned I don't see the reason.

A lot of our fans, not some, a lot need to realise that they won the war and it is peace time now, time to put your weapons down.

I get the impression some people do want another ownership battle so they can make names for themselves. The "internet terrorists" thing has gone to peoples heads.

Unreal how many dickheads we have following us. How can anyone even think getting hold of the owners email address and bombarding him will help? If anything these spastics are pushing Rafa further away. So keep going.

No different to tweeting.

And anyway, he's probably got about 10 addresses and 10 wonks checking them.

Also, would you prefer a few ignorant yanks deciding who ou manager is or a gaggle of better informed fans.

I don't include myself in the latter category btw, just before you jump down my neck in that wonderful self righteous way.

Seems to underscore what a lot of people write on here.

Bunch of hand wringing, self righteous, girls.

I get the impression some people do want another ownership battle so they can make names for themselves. The "internet terrorists" thing has gone to peoples heads.

Agreed, can see it happening on RAWK already where even the most meaningless quote or article is pounced on to stir up hate of the owners and Ayre. They've still got it all to prove and we should be wary but a lot of the criticism is going way overboard.