You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LFC approach Wigan for martinez

Guest San Don

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People will be making a case for redknapp next.

And since.

After completely shitting out of comments he made in Spain about how Ferguson and his lackeys control the game over here.

There are lots of footballing reasons I don't want him at the club this one just happened to irk me more than the others.

Good point. I was softening a bit, so thanks for reminding me what a cowardly no-mark he is.

Martinez look like a fucking gnome, and has bad AIDS.

Guest ShoePiss
I just think it's a bit childish to say you don't want a manager because he had xmas dinner with Ferguson, that's all.

Oh, I didn't say that. My feelings towards Martinez are starting to drift but I think it might be more to do with accepting the inevitable than anything else.

Just when you thought it was all as bad as it could get, up pops bozo the clown (parry in article above)

As far as a new manager goes, already at least 2 players are refusing to discuss new contracts until they know what is going on and who can blame them. Whoever FSG decide to select I just hope that they manage to convince the players who will be away and vulnerable to being tapped up in the euros.

When Parry smirks at us, I think it is fair to say things could be conducted smoother.

Guest davelfc
When Parry smirks at us, I think it is fair to say things could be conducted smoother.

I'm surprised they could get hold of him, he must have a new phone that he hasn't worked out how to switch off.

Oh, I didn't say that. My feelings towards Martinez are starting to drift but I think it might be more to do with accepting the inevitable than anything else.

Sorry mate, I thought that was your point.

Frode, Solskjaer isn't an option now, according to SSN.

Sorry mate, I thought that was your point.

Frode, Solskjaer isn't an option now, according to SSN.

SSN knows fuck all about this, watch this space.

Edit - sorry just found out he had turned them down, knew earlier he had got an offer.

Solskjær pisses all over Martinez, even the Villa board who actually appointed McLeish last year understands that.

The same villa board that wanted Martinez before both McLeish and Solskjaer you mean. You have nothing to base your point on at all.

I just think it's a bit childish to say you don't want a manager because he had xmas dinner with Ferguson, that's all.

No, he backed Rafa when the xenophobia train was in full flow after his 'rant'.

Agreed that Ferguson was a nob.

Wigan manager Roberto Martínez hits out at Sir Alex Ferguson's 'loyalists' and FA - Telegraph

Shortly after, presumably after Dave Whelan had a phone call off his mate Ferguaon, he changed like the fucking wind.

Martinez clarifies Ferguson comments | Metro.co.uk

Shortly after, he was invited to the NW managers association, something Rafa was never invited to, of course.

Ever since then Martnez has led a cosy existence, free of massive media intrusion and pressure, and even had FERGUSON TELLING THE WORLD how brilliant Wigan are and commending their manager.

Wigan manager Martinez delighted with Sir Alex Ferguson's praise after win over Manchester United - Goal.com

Gushing troll cunt. Get back under that bridge.

SSN knows fuck all about this, watch this space.

Edit - sorry just found out he had turned them down, knew earlier he had got an offer.

Haha I read the ticker on SSN and it said that Villa confirmed no offer was made. My first thought was, 'covering their backs there, they clearly offered him the job and he turned it down'. It's funny how clubs play the game.

I still don't see how the idea we 'need' to get into the Champions League jives with taking a chance on someone like Martinez. Surely even owners as distant as FSG can see how 'narrowly avoiding relegation' doesn't qualify you for such a role.

Guest davelfc

Liverpool's owners want attacking football and Champions League qualification

Liverpool are seeking a younger coach capable of restoring the club first to Champions League football then direct competition for the Premier League title while delivering high-quality, attack-minded football.

The club's American owners have drawn up a long list of candidates to succeed Kenny Dalglish as manager and plan to interview as many as practical before making what will effectively be their first long-term appointment to the position.

Though the Fenway Sports Group consortium has gathered extensive information on the strengths and weaknesses of candidates, face-to-face interviews will be fundamental to the appointment.

John W Henry, FSG's principal owner, is leading the process and is due to meet Roberto Martinez in the United States this week.

According to well-placed sources, the Wigan Athletic manager should not be considered FSG's preferred prospect simply because he is first to be interviewed.

Andre Villas-Boas, who Henry and his associates were interested in before his unsuccessful tenure at Chelsea, is also due to be interviewed but will have to convince them his man management problems at Stamford Bridge will not be repeated.

Swansea City's announcement that Brendan Rodgers had declined the offer of an interview followed preliminary discussions about high-profile Dalglish signings he would want moved out of Liverpool, according to a friend of the Northern Irishman.

Borussia Dortmund's double winning coach Jurgen Klopp rejected an approach from FSG, as has Frank de Boer after leading Ajax Amsterdam to back-to-back Dutch titles. Although Fabio Capello wants a new coaching position in England after leaving the national team job by mutual consent, the Italian is far from the profile sought by FSG.

Fresh from turning around Chelsea's self-destructive season in the space of 11 weeks to bring the club a Champions League and FA Cup double, his compatriot Roberto Di Matteo is an obvious fit.

The new manager will be expected to work alongside a new director of football and a senior scout in a system similar to the one in which Manchester City spread recruitment decisions between Roberto Mancini, the football administrator Brian Marwood and the technical director Mike Rigg before the latter left for QPR.

A summer transfer budget of between £20-£30 million (Dh116-174m) is to be directed towards players in their early 20s or younger.

Liverpool's owners want attacking football and Champions League qualification - The National

I still don't see how the idea we 'need' to get into the Champions League jives with taking a chance on someone like Martinez. Surely even owners as distant as FSG can see how 'narrowly avoiding relegation' doesn't qualify you for such a role.

because the scale of what reasonably can be achieved at Wigan is totally different to what can be acheived here.

Perhaps the man we should be hiring is Dave Whelan, not Martinez, a man who has overseen crowds leap from 2,500 in the fourth tier at Springfield Park to 25,000 in the PL - an incredble achievement.

because the scale of what reasonably can be achieved at Wigan is totally different to what can be acheived here.

Perhaps the man we should be hiring is Dave Whelan, not Martinez, a man who has overseen crowds leap from 2,500 in the fourth tier at Springfield Park to 25,000 in the PL - an incredble achievement.

No thanks the right wing, union breaking, Tory supporting, xenophobic arl fucking cunt.

Just be thankful Breivik hasn't got any coaching badges. He'd be on Code's list otherwise.

'high media profile'

'singleminded'

'gets things done'

'players would (have to) respect him'

Ruthless with the youth setup as well - any who weren't up to the task would be disposed of in short order.

van gaal as that director eh.

Van Gaal as dof seems to be the biggest talk this morning.

Isn't he quite the arrogant, irascible type from what I remember ?

I would have thought a dof needs reasonable diplomatic skills or it is a dead duck from the start.

"Manchester United are better than Barcelona in many ways" sayeth our new manager:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/09/22/2677620/manchester-united-are-better-than-barcelona-in-many-ways

Just another reason why I don't want Martinez anywhere near our club. We've already had one of Ferguson's arse lickers here, don't want another one of the fuckers here.

Can just see it now...Ferguson rips into us for some reason or another (as if the Liverpool-obsessed bitter hard shoulder shitting alky twat needs an excuse), and there will be Martinez...silent and hiding just as that cunt Hodgson did

Fuck off.

"Manchester United are better than Barcelona in many ways" sayeth our new manager:

'Manchester United are better than Barcelona in many ways' - Wigan Athletic boss Roberto Martinez - Goal.com

Hard to argue with anything he has said there. United hardly have a team of players comparable ability wise with Barca or even a lot of sides thesedays but they still find a way to compete year after year.