You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LFC approach Wigan for martinez

Guest San Don

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martinez is fuckin shite, I agree with Dan 110%.

They can fuck off with that absymal shite, no wonder they are renewing memberships before they appoint the new manager.

The Liverpool you chose to support in the 70s/80s is not the Liverpool you follow today.

You dont know when I was or wasnt born code

If indeed you've been following us for moons then I apologise its just you come across as a johnny come lately thats all

Its says you are 29 in your profile.

Built by Shanks, raped by Yanks.

And some people just stand there applauding it all because its the Liverpoool Way, its fucking sickening.

And some people sit there farming out tickets until the Finals because it's the Liverpool Way, it's fucking typical.

Wigan may have taken four points off us this season, but they have been locked in a relegation battle, where as we have been in 'mid table no-man's land' since January. Their win at Anfield, was purely down to motivation.

If Martinez gets the job, he will be pressured from match one , and lets be honest, even in our close runs nearer the top, we never got going at the start of the season; we tended to put unbeaten runs together later on. Martinez will NOT have that luxury.

I predict with confidence that he wont have the 'where-with-all' to cope with the expectations of a club like us.

If it's true, that he's the number one contendor, it's a very bad wrong decision. Will I tune into the season and show my support? Of course I will. I'm a musician, and if I remember rightly, the band continued to play to the very end on The Titanic.

I hope whoever we get will have the support of fans. It is clear there is no overwhelmingly outstanding candidate who is coming and who will unite all fans. AVB/Martinez/Rogers/Lambert or similar will likely get the nod. I hope everyone will agree that whoever the new man is he will not be an old duffer out of his depth like Hodgson. He will be a young man (likely) with a lot of promise. It will be up to us fans to help him fulfil that promise and I really mean that.

Whoever gets the nod it will be time to close ranks, get behind him, and support the club. We may even be pleasantly surprised.

The thing for me is that I'm not convinced Martinez does have a lot of promise. He's been at Wigan for years now and they haven't progressed beyond relegation fodder. They've not lost that many great players over the years for it to have such an impact. As said, they had a great end to the season, but was 'do or die' time for the players. Why were they so shite earlier in the season. I imagine the true level is somewhere in between, and whilst Martinez might have many good qualities in a manager, I really don't think he has that spark in him which makes the great ones

They need to just fucking get on with now and appoint him, it's obvious ultimately he will get the job so let's all stop dancing around the table.

All the talk about 'all the others' is just bullshit possibly designed to create the illusion that there were actually several top names in the frame...which there aren't.

FSG want Martinez because he won't complain about a DoF or not having a lot of money to spend.

The thing for me is that I'm not convinced Martinez does have a lot of promise. He's been at Wigan for years now and they haven't progressed beyond relegation fodder. They've not lost that many great players over the years for it to have such an impact. As said, they had a great end to the season, but was 'do or die' time for the players. Why were they so shite earlier in the season. I imagine the true level is somewhere in between, and whilst Martinez might have many good qualities in a manager, I really don't think he has that spark in him which makes the great ones

To be fair in his time there they have sold Valencia, Nzogbia, Cattermole, Heskey, Palacios and Ryan Taylor who were all very good players for Wigan and in the main he hasn't been able to spend the money. They've made a profit of around 10 million in the transfer market overall so he has done very well to keep them up.

I don't particularly want him as manager but just pointing out that you're incorrect.

To be fair in his time there they have sold Valencia, Nzogbia, Cattermole, Heskey, Palacios and Ryan Taylor who were all very good players for Wigan and in the main he hasn't been able to spend the money. They've made a profit of around 10 million in the transfer market overall so he has done very well to keep them up.

I don't particularly want him as manager but just pointing out that you're incorrect.

Wasn't Martinez also responsible for selling:

titus-bramble-674154288.jpg

Did he get actual money or jelly beans?

FSG want Martinez because he won't complain about a DoF or not having a lot of money to spend.

I have a horrible feeling this structure they are setting up is doomed to fail.

I don't think they're setting this up like a traditional DOF and Manager thing.

I think they really want to emulate the sort of setups you see in Baseball and I reckon thats a recipe for disaster.

I can't see a Martinez appointment being anything other than an epic clusterfuck. What does he bring to the table other than being young, and being accustomed to a limited transfer budget? Is that what FSG see in him?

If he is their idea of the right manager for us then I would advise them to shut the fuck up about Champions League football, because Martinez is not the man who will get us near it...if you want someone to get you out of a relegation battle, he is perfect, LFC is a whole new ball game, as he will very quickly find out if appointed.

Don't expect him to pull up any trees in the Europa League either...sooner or later his lack of experience in Europe will get found out big time.

I will support the team, as always, but I honestly believe Martinez will be lucky to last a year. I felt Hodgson was doomed from the start, I feel the same will happen to Martinez.