You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LFC approach Wigan for martinez

Guest San Don

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one with a brain would use that site so yes. I'd prefer our owners to decide our next manager rather than a load of retards.

Who else would? :idea:

I wouldnt expect the owners to listen to a jumped up fanzine writer but they did.

Stil better than a bunch of fucking Billybobs.

Too quick to have a pop, you didn't stop to check what you wrote.

I get the impression some people do want another ownership battle so they can make names for themselves. The "internet terrorists" thing has gone to peoples heads.

Agreed, can see it happening on RAWK already where even the most meaningless quote or article is pounced on to stir up hate of the owners and Ayre. They've still got it all to prove and we should be wary but a lot of the criticism is going way overboard.

I think they are struggling to realise that there is a huge difference between being incompetent (which is what you would accuse FSG of being) and being deceitfull, lying cunts like the previous crooks.

Every decision H & G made was for their benefit alone, they wanted the maximum price for the minimum effort and they were perfectly happy to walk away from the club had we fallen into administration. FSG are not doing that at all, they are implementing change in the club to set us up for the next 10 years (at least), they are making some basic errors it has to be said, however compare Corrigan to Achterburg! It took us years to finally cotton onto Corrigan.

FSG are not going to ruin this club, it is us fans who will do it the way things are going.

Imagine if rafa came back and failed. I think a lot of people may lose grip on reality and implode.

It really is the only way for a clean slate cuz half of them would implode on his hiring and the other half when he got the sack - easier to start at ground zero then.

I think they are struggling to realise that there is a huge difference between being incompetent (which is what you would accuse FSG of being) and being deceitfull, lying cunts like the previous crooks.

Every decision H & G made was for their benefit alone, they wanted the maximum price for the minimum effort and they were perfectly happy to walk away from the club had we fallen into administration. FSG are not doing that at all, they are implementing change in the club to set us up for the next 10 years (at least), they are making some basic errors it has to be said, however compare Corrigan to Achterburg! It took us years to finally cotton onto Corrigan.

FSG are not going to ruin this club, it is us fans who will do it the way things are going.

Incompetence can get you in a lot of shit, Villa's owners has his heart in the right place, even Blackburn's owners have pumped a decent amount of money in.

If you don't have a clue about football and talk to the wrong people, you end up in shit. You could even make a case for Parry & Moores having their hearts in the right place, but again incompetence strikes.

Not that I'm advocating attacking the owners, but this whole process attempting to recruit a manager, should have been handled differently.

He'd just blame the owners again and those who worship him would believe it.

Hmm who to believe, man who brought success and trophies back to anfield and loves the city, donates to hfsg.

or owners who tried to bankrupt club told the fans to "blow me" and hardly spent anytime in the city.

Rafa has faults same as any other manager, if he came back on a short contract and failed, i dont think you would get any arguments, if he came back and succeded, i think some of the irrational haters would consider ending it all ha ha.

I am becoming increasingly convinced that Roberto Martinez is nailed on for the job.

AVB's agent has been distancing his client from the position claiming they are looking for a club with "a strong technical plan, that is solid and durable" and indicating that his client will reject any offers that do not meet the criteria. This sounds to me like they are engaged in a face-saving exercise in case AVB is not appointed. They will undoubtedly claim that the "Liverpool project" was unsuitable if he is overlooked.

In contrast, Wigan have confirmed that permission has been granted to speak to Martinez and the latest reports are that he has flown out to Boston for a second meeting with the owners. The John Barnes interview published on the club website looks like a PR strategy designed to pave the way for the appointment of Martinez - the attempt to redefine what constitutes "success" for club managers, the emphasis on the need to instill a footballing philosophy within the club (Martinez has repeatedly been championed for "sticking to his footballing principles), the plea for the new manager to be granted time to implement his vision, the possibility of appointing somebody young who has not won anything and so on.

Out of Martinez and AVB I would favour the latter's appointment as I think his preferred tactical approach is a better fit for the players already on our books. However, I will back Martinez fully if he is chosen as he does try to play a progressive style of football and, hopefully, Steve Clarke can address any defensive frailities.

I will be shocked if Martinez is not appointed by this day week.

Incompetence can get you in a lot of shit, Villa's owners has his heart in the right place, even Blackburn's owners have pumped a decent amount of money in.

If you don't have a clue about football and talk to the wrong people, you end up in shit. You could even make a case for Parry & Moores having their hearts in the right place, but again incompetence strikes.

Not that I'm advocating attacking the owners, but this whole process attempting to recruit a manager, should have been handled differently.

You are right, absolutely spot on. Parry and Moores are the reason we are in this shit, they sold us to crooks. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise, everything that happened since Feb 07 is because of them two.

But I am still think that our current problems could be because of all the changes that are necessary happening at once. Had the DoF been in place then, the search for a manager would have been conducted a lot quicker and with a lot more competence, but they are attempting to put them in place, and a coach that can work with him, and vice versa.

Sometimes, as we can all testify in our own work, chaos can be confused with incompetence, at the beginning of any process you just have a mess that you try and knitt together. That is what I am hoping.

Hmm who to believe, man who brought success and trophies back to anfield and loves the city, donates to hfsg.

or owners who tried to bankrupt club told the fans to "blow me" and hardly spent anytime in the city.

Rafa has faults same as any other manager, if he came back on a short contract and failed, i dont think you would get any arguments, if he came back and succeded, i think some of the irrational haters would consider ending it all ha ha.

Loving the city and donating money to causes should not be on the criteria for the managers job, having success then blowing it all should.

I just want whoever it is appointed asap so we can unify and get behind the manager and focus on the new season. Our new man will have is idea on signings for the system he wants, so we need to start on that straight away. Whoever he is, if he puts downing on the transfer list he'll be a legend in my eyes already. I'm no fan of either but i prefer Martinez over AVB. I'd like to see how he could implement a 3-4-3 and just have a go at teams.

Unify?

Bwahahahahahaha!

It would be nice, but there's no chance of that I'm afraid.

Well i'm hoping so. Whether you like him or not the new guy will be here at least a year and the last thing he will need is people getting on his back from day 1. If fans can't be supporters and actually support the manager and the team then they can just f**k off as far as im concerned. Getting on the new guys case isn't going to help the team. I really hope they don't drag it into next week. The longer it gets the worse the reaction i reckon.

I just want whoever it is appointed asap so we can unify and get behind the manager and focus on the new season. Our new man will have is idea on signings for the system he wants, so we need to start on that straight away. Whoever he is, if he puts downing on the transfer list he'll be a legend in my eyes already. I'm no fan of either but i prefer Martinez over AVB. I'd like to see how he could implement a 3-4-3 and just have a go at teams.

I wouldn't. We'd get bummed and concede loads of goals.

Although, to be fair to Martinez, as a manager he does pretty much guarantee getting bummed and conceding loads of goals, because that's what all his teams do.

I'd much prefer to win games and trophies and not concede loads of goals.

I'd prefer it if she grabbed hold of Downing and said 'fucking grow a pair of balls or fuck off'!

We can't afford to right off £10m, but equally we can't afford to carry any passengers.

He's meant to be at his peak right now remember. It's all downhill for him. Actually is it even possible for him to get any worse?

I wouldn't. We'd get bummed and concede loads of goals.

Although, to be fair to Martinez, as a manager he does pretty much guarantee getting bummed and conceding loads of goals, because that's what all his teams do.

I'd much prefer to win games and trophies and not concede loads of goals.

me too, who wouldn't. I just dont think either AVB or Martinez are the men that can do it. But unfortunately it seems we're gonna get lumbered with one of them and i just think AVB will be worse.

@CalvinBook - Word from Portugal is media reporting AVB to #lfc done deal.

@MirrorFootball - Some Portuguese media reporting AVB to Liverpool is a done deal. Which will be news to Martinez currently on his way to Boston for interview

Guest davelfc

Before the chelsea debacle we would have been pinching ourselves with the thought of AVB, I'm pretty pleased if we have got him. I don't hold the time at chelsea against him at all, the fact that he didn't fit at that classless hovel makes me think he will suit us even more.

Guest davelfc
I was happy when he went to Chelsea as I knew he would fuck it up, little did I know we'd end up with their cast off.

Like a chav buying a bottle of fine champagne and then throwing it away because they prefer white lightning. He didn't suddenly become a bad manager, that's an abomination of a team of cunts.