You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LFC approach Wigan for martinez

Guest San Don

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Before the chelsea debacle we would have been pinching ourselves with the thought of AVB, I'm pretty pleased if we have got him. I don't hold the time at chelsea against him at all, the fact that he didn't fit at that classless hovel makes me think he will suit us even more.

Fu king right. Just hope this is true. The sooner the better.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like a chav buying a bottle of fine champagne and then throwing it away because they prefer white lightning. He didn't suddenly become a bad manager, that's an abomination of a team of cunts.

He didn't suddenly become a good manager either.

He's had one good season, one bad. My money is on the bad being the norm.

Before the chelsea debacle we would have been pinching ourselves with the thought of AVB, I'm pretty pleased if we have got him. I don't hold the time at chelsea against him at all, the fact that he didn't fit at that classless hovel makes me think he will suit us even more.

I concur with this assessment.

Guest davelfc
He didn't suddenly become a good manager either.

He's had one good season, one bad. My money is on the bad being the norm.

Glass half empty, glass half full. I lead a happier life.

@CalvinBook - Word from Portugal is media reporting AVB to #lfc done deal.

@MirrorFootball - Some Portuguese media reporting AVB to Liverpool is a done deal. Which will be news to Martinez currently on his way to Boston for interview

Crosses fingers and toes.

Been out of it for a while guys, working has got me out of footballing circles.

Is it a straight fight between Rafa, AVB and Martinez?

Been getting wind of Capello too.

AVB and Martinez with AVB the clear favourite with ladbrokes just going 1-2 for him.

If people are certain it is AVB then hit the bookies as odds of 6-4 and even 13-8 can still be had.

Guest davelfc
I can only imagine the hysteria on here if we'd appointed Benitez when Valencia did, or Allegri when Milan did, or Guardiola when Barca did, or Wenger when Arsenal did, or Mourinho when Porto did, or Klopp when Dortmund did etc.

Did Hodgson manage them and then after that they sacked a club legend?

The only managers who can really make an obvious step change to the squad e have are not available, so I don't have a favourite.

Just a descending order of least favourites. Of whom Martinez is bottom

I see where you are coming from, but I would guess that has always been the case i.e. managers not being available.

There isn't really a 'Rafa' option out there at the moment.

The Times' football editor Tony Evans insists there is no chance of Louis Van Gaal and Andre Villes-Boas linking up at Liverpool

Tony Evans: claims that the most likely managerial appointment at this moment is either Swansea boss BRodgers or Wigan manager R Martinez.

Rodgers in the future, he's got the right idea about football. And he's very much still learning. Reckon it's too early for him at a big club. Martinez is clearly different from Hodgson, though his credentials are not good enough to be considered yet.

don't buy into that crap "that its to early". You either have it or you don't

The Times' football editor Tony Evans insists there is no chance of Louis Van Gaal and Andre Villes-Boas linking up at Liverpool

Tony Evans: claims that the most likely managerial appointment at this moment is either Swansea boss BRodgers or Wigan manager R Martinez.

Reading between the lines, I think they have two ideas in place, Segura, Borrell and a manager or LVG and which ever manager is brave enough to work with him.

You can imagine a lot of managers would be wary of working under a man who still has the hunger to manage and has a great track record, at the first signs of poor results he could be parachuted in.

On the flip-side it would be great for someone to tap into his knowledge, he can tell them about when Jose was his apprentice etc etc. Hence the reason AvB may not be keen on vanGaal as again it is a path Jose has trod.

van-gaal-mourinho.jpg?w=300&h=173

I would just give the managers job to vanGaal on his own, if it was a choice of Martinez, AvB and Rodgers.

@MirrorFootball - Some Portuguese media reporting AVB to Liverpool is a done deal. Which will be news to Martinez currently on his way to Boston for interview

Martinez has apparently been on his way to Boston for about 5 days according to all these media reports.

How's he getting there, by a fucking canoe?