You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

1 minute ago, KMD7 said:

We can blame the Premier league for letting the cunts in in the first place. Not sure what we can do to keep up except buy in ourselves, as unpalatable as that sounds. 

My support,or love of the pro game is not unconditional any more. I imagine a few other of us oldies think similarly.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

My support,or love of the pro game is not unconditional any more. I imagine a few other of us oldies think similarly.

Gets harder and harder every day. Tweaking the rules of the game, money driven tournaments , games set up to suit tv , FFP regulations consistently ignored. You are bang on with your thoughts.

Might be an age thing as well, in 20 years I have gone from wondering how long I would get for murdering Roy Hodgson to offering to walk the daughters dog rather than watch the second half yesterday.. Checked the result when I got back, shake of the head a mutteredd 'ffs' and moved on with my life

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, KMD7 said:

We can blame the Premier league for letting the cunts in in the first place. Not sure what we can do to keep up except buy in ourselves, as unpalatable as that sounds. 

We can blame PL but it does go both ways though. We welcomed FSG with open arms as we were desperate to get rid of G&H.

The only difference between the 2 ownerships is Klopp.

Yes, Hicks was a mouthy cunt compared to Henry or Werner but fundamentally Klopp is the difference and the only reason why FSG have been getting out of jail. 

I think the ownership thing is going to get a lot worse as more and more clubs get bought by middle east. PL won't do anything about it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Might be an age thing as well, in 20 years I have gone from wondering how long I would get for murdering Roy Hodgson to offering to walk the daughters dog rather than watch the second half yesterday.. Checked the result when I got back, shake of the head a mutteredd 'ffs' and moved on with my life

It's probably the most immoral sport on the planet. FSG trying to furlough minimum wage staff, the Qatar world cup, South African street vendors getting tear gassed for selling non FIFA registered merchandise, Manchester City's official gambling partner having four twitter followers and a picture of Caroline Alessi from Neighbours, Newcastle fans wearing Fry's Turkish Delight garb.

It nibbles away at your soul, unless you're a simpleton. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Rings a bell 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It’s been 40 years of going mainly to away games and I am definitely losing interest. Got offered tickets for yesterday and couldn’t be bothered. There’s too much football on the tv, too many Mickey Mouse competitions, just too much relentless bottomless greed from everyone involved on the industry all paid for by milking the fans.  The lfc annual wage bill is greater than 200 million now but charitable donations by the club are less than  500k. Any deal with a sovereign wealth fund from a country that denies women and gays humans rights will be the last straw for me. 

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

It's probably the most immoral sport on the planet. FSG trying to furlough minimum wage staff, the Qatar world cup, South African street vendors getting tear gassed for selling non FIFA registered merchandise, Manchester City's official gambling partner having four twitter followers and a picture of Caroline Alessi from Neighbours, Newcastle fans wearing Fry's Turkish Delight garb.

It nibbles away at your soul, unless you're a simpleton. 

Yep. You are spot on.

And this is just TV money which excludes all the other revenue we generate through sponsorship, kit sales, ticket sales, prize money etc. If we are struggling to pay for new signings on good wages now, imagine when we become shite and are finishing midtable, devoid of CL money.

Screenshot_20230118_131602_Gallery.jpg

2 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

And this is just TV money which excludes all the other revenue we generate through sponsorship, kit sales, ticket sales, prize money etc. If we are struggling to pay for new signings on good wages now, imagine when we become shite and are finishing midtable, devoid of CL money.

Screenshot_20230118_131602_Gallery.jpg

The mistake people make when they see graphs like this is that they assume it's new unallocated money that's just sloshing around in an account each year. A significant chunk of it (up to and over the value of the previous deal, depending on the club) is already swallowed up in wages and other costs

A proportion of any 'new' money following the renegotiation of the rights deals quickly get's absorbed into the next round of contract renewals with agents players and clubs all fighting for their share of the pie.

2 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Don't test it on Jota!!!!!

“After working hard to get himself back to full fitness, Liverpool have been rocked with news of another injury to Diogo Jota, who has suffered multiple back fractures while abseiling from the top of the clubs Main Stand”.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Scott_M said:

“After working hard to get himself back to full fitness, Liverpool have been rocked with news of another injury to Diogo Jota, who has suffered multiple back fractures while abseiling from the top of the clubs Main Stand”.

Never knew it was spelled like that. Every day is a school day. 

30 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Should be hundreds of millions to spend this summer, just like we always see from the Mancs and Chelsea, right?

Interesting. 

Does it give the full picture? Tax, expanding the stadium, training facilities, player acquisition etc? 

I assume the increase in wages is the extra Trent, Hendo, Alisson, Fabinho, VVD and a few others got the other season. Only Alisson has maintained his form. 

Not saying it’s wrong but didn’t we announce a record product before COVID19 of c.£45m? You wouldn’t be able to tell from those graphs, you’d think it was c.$200m - $250m. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Interesting. 

Does it give the full picture? Tax, expanding the stadium, training facilities, player acquisition etc? 

I assume the increase in wages is the extra Trent, Hendo, Alisson, Fabinho, VVD and a few others got the other season. Only Alisson has maintained his form. 

Not saying it’s wrong but didn’t we announce a record product before COVID19 of c.£45m? You wouldn’t be able to tell from those graphs, you’d think it was c.$200m - $250m. 

And some of that revenue isn't fixed, you're not guaranteed to get to the CL final every season and finish in the top 2 of the league for example, like wise profit/loss on transfers.

On the other side of that you'd assume that increased sponsorships, expiring deals resulting in new sponsorship will all improve. 

"Liverpool, whose contracts are heavily incentivised, paid out 62 percent of their overall revenue in wages, to the tune of £368.5 million. Only five clubs in the Deloitte Money League top 20 paid a lower percentage of wages against their revenue.

Those clubs are Tottenham (47%), West Ham (53%), Bayern Munich (53%), Man City (57%) and Arsenal (58%)"

The club is very good financial health. Generating great amounts of revenue, basically 2nd on the rich list (because we can dismiss the financial dopers at Man City). It's not unreasonable at all for our fans to ask why more money can't go towards transfers when needed.

Screenshot_20230119_140212_Chrome.jpg