You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who could we realistically get?

lebron

Must admit those doubts that have been creeping in the last weeks/months whether Kenny is up to the task have not been dampened by tonights debacle. Promised myself that I would not post anything, but I can't help myself, need to vent some anger somewhere...

While this is no "Kenny out"-post/thread, I think it would be silly not to start taking stock over what will probably be our worst league campaign since Souness. If we win the FA cup it will be hard for the owners to remove Kenny, but if we go out in the semi's or lose in the final and end up 7th/8th, I think they may be tempted to pull the plug.

The question then becomes; who is available and within our grasp. I seriously doubt any of the really big names will see us as an attractive enough option, so I guess we're in the same sort of limbo as when the owners decided Rafa should be replaced, i.e we probably won't get anyone better than Kenny in, so why change at all? In the recent poll on Kenny's future I was torn whether I should vote for him to stay beyond the season or not. I'm still not sure, but I'm not liking what I'm seeing, neither on or off the pitch.

Names that may consider us that have had some success in European management the last few years:

Rafa

Andre Villas Boas

Tonight I would probably be tempted to cash in on either of those two - that's how pissed off I am right now. Thankfully our pathetic side is in action Saturday already. That will hopefully ease the pain a little, as a home banker against Wigan should be the right medicine for us.

Anyone else?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafa Benitez, Jurgen Klopp or Andre Villas-Boas. I'd take any of those 3 and hand them a 10 year contract properly building for the future.

villas boas :whatever:

i think in terms of players, we should have done business in the january transfer window to push on for fourth. although, i understand why the owners might not be willing to shell out the cash.

this summer will be huge for kenny, seriously hope he gets everything right.

edit: also some liverpool fans seriously overate rafa's abilities.

Dismissing the question posed, another matter is if it is realistic that our owners will end up looking for a new manager?

Do you think they would? Our form has been terrible.

Our next two games are Wigan (H) and Newcastle (A).

Wigan are terrible but that what scares me. Newcastle are a better side than us.

The thread where it was proposed that we could get approx. 30 points before the season ends was quite ridiculous.

I'm old enough to remember another Scottish manager who had a crap first season just down the East Lancs Road, and much as it pains me to say it, he seems to have done alright. They stuck by him, and we should do the same. Otherwise we might as well buy a bunch of plastic flags and move to west London.

People seem to forget that just over a year ago we almost ended up like Rangers. You cant change that in one season. Yes there have been some shocking results, but sacking the manager is not the answer. You have to have stability before you have success.

AVB is a better manager than Dalglish (2012 Dalglish) thinking otherwise is laughable. The 10 year contract thing was more tongue-in-cheek I'm just saying we need a manager who is forward thinking and can move with us into the future.

Is there a full moon or something?

It is a legitimate question to ask, as we do appear to have regressed. I'm torn myself. I see good football being played, though it is flawed, especially our goalscoring and lack of killer instinct. But if I were to overlook those glaring flaws and trust that it will be addressed in the transfer market this summer; we generally do play, or try to play, decent football. So on the one hand we have some basic building blocks in place for something that could be very good. But on the other hand we have regressed. Kenny came in and exceeded all expectations last season. We were all filled with such hope for this season. And now it looks as though we will fall a long way short of where we hope to be.

Have we seen enough to give us genuine hope? Or have we seen enough to feel a change is in order?

I'm an optimistic sort and I would keep going with Kenny. He delivered a trophy this season and we are still going in the FA Cup. The league has been a big disappointment, but nothing worthwhile ever came without hard work and the occasional setback along the way. So at the least Kenny should have another full season and then it should be reassessed.

But if it's a name we're after, I'll play along in the spirit of the question the thread posed. Joachim Loew is the manager I would go after, if indeed the owners did decide to go in a new direction.

I don't want Rafa, he had his shot and failed in the end. Villa Boas is actually great for us, especially long term. But we have Kenny - and thats that.

LOL @ the retard suggesting Klopp. Why the hell would that guy even consider leaving Dortmund let alone for us? If given the choice, we would lose it. So use your brain, you think everybody comes running once we call. Times change. Deluded sheep!

It is a legitimate question to ask, as we do appear to have regressed. I'm torn myself. I see good football being played, though it is flawed, especially our goalscoring and lack of killer instinct. But if I were to overlook those glaring flaws and trust that it will be addressed in the transfer market this summer; we generally do play, or try to play, decent football. So on the one hand we have some basic building blocks in place for something that could be very good. But on the other hand we have regressed. Kenny came in and exceeded all expectations last season. We were all filled with such hope for this season. And now it looks as though we will fall a long way short of where we hope to be.

Have we seen enough to give us genuine hope? Or have we seen enough to feel a change is in order?

I'm an optimistic sort and I would keep going with Kenny. He delivered a trophy this season and we are still going in the FA Cup. The league has been a big disappointment, but nothing worthwhile ever came without hard work and the occasional setback along the way. So at the least Kenny should have another full season and then it should be reassessed.

But if it's a name we're after, I'll play along in the spirit of the question the thread posed. Joachim Loew is the manager I would go after, if indeed the owners did decide to go in a new direction.

We have missed the boat on him , hes off to Madrid in the summer more than likely...

Admired the way he goes about his buisness and the way his teams play for a long time , i was hoping after Rafa left we could somehow get him in , obviously was never going to happen but i still hoped.

So let's get all of them!What a great idea! Any more names to throw in?Mark Hughes?Sam Allardyce?Why stop there?

Let's get them all!I'm sure between them they could do better than Kenny.And what about Moyes and Wenger and that Manager of Uzbekistan 3rd Division team Oluzek Omnipetik;I can't remeber his name.

Oh they could all do a better job than Dalglish.

So let's have your suggestions......unless you're a 14 year old with your laptop working after "lights out"in your bedroom with one window open on "Soccer Manager" and another open on this forum!

Do me a favour-let's hear some support.We can all be smart-arses after the event!

Do me a favour

We have missed the boat on him , hes off to Madrid in the summer more than likely...

Admired the way he goes about his buisness and the way his teams play for a long time , i was hoping after Rafa left we could somehow get him in , obviously was never going to happen but i still hoped.

As a club manager he was a total failure and he will be shown up for what he is after the Euros.

Mourinho will be at Madrid for years to come it is amazing how easy Liverpool "fans" believe what suits them in the mongo media. Mourinho will leave Madrid after winning the CL so he can replace bacon face when he clals it quits. This won't be discussed anymore, end of.