You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

King Kenny..Thank you..but it is time to go..

merah

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won’t lie; I don’t want to see Kenny in charge next season. Winning the Carling Cup doesn’t make up for the awful results, terrible tactics, baffling substitutions and club damaging transfers.

I will however say, anybody even thinking Kenny would ever put money, or his bank balance over the best interests of the club is a fucking cunt of the highest order.

I won’t lie; I don’t want to see Kenny in charge next season. Winning the Carling Cup doesn’t make up for the awful results, terrible tactics, baffling substitutions and club damaging transfers.

I will however say, anybody even thinking Kenny would ever put money, or his bank balance over the best interests of the club is a fucking cunt of the highest order.

Do you mind? We were talking about how awesome Voronin was.

There are several other threads where you can put the knife in to one of the clubs greatest ever servants.

we won't finish top 4

This isn't a shock. Top 4 was never going to happen. What has been a shock is how poor our new signings have been.

I don't think the idea of us finishing top 4 this season was that outrageous tbh.

We were 3rd best team in the league last season as far as I can remember from the point Kenny took over up 'till the end of the season. (Apologies if that's not quite true but I'm sure it was at least up until the last 2 games.) We then supposedly strengthened the team.

I know I'm being overly simplistic and as it turns out we didn't really strengthen at all, but then that's been cancelled out by the fact both Arsenal and Chelsea have been so average themselves.

So much so that right up until we actually lost to Arsenal last week, we still had a realistic chance of achieving it.

I think that in the circumstances we've missed a great chance of finishing 4th, and bearing in mind it's hard to imagine Chelsea and Arsenal being like that next season, it's a chance that might not come around again any time soon without more strengthening, real, actual strengthening this time.

None of which should be construed as an attack on Kenny, who as long as he still wants the job, should be given more time to get it right.

He is Kenny Dalglish after all.

I can't stand pontificating cunts like this.

Go on, what's the answer Redders?

Is it to give Kenny 5 years by any chance? :whatever: Brilliant theory that, the good ol 5 year system, we're so learned we are.

Why 5 years? Why not 6? Why didnt Rafa get another year? Was it 'time'? Oh right. What about Roy, on a fraction of the budget, I suppose that was different right?

"but we don't want to be Chelsea"...bit late that, £150m spent in two years, across three managers. Is it "we don't want to be Chelsea, starting.........now"? :whistle:

For the record, I don't want Kenny sacked now, and I'd give him a summer to sign more players, but christmas is as long as we can wait, not five fucking years. It doesn't cost this much to finish 7th.

Well, ok, just post up a supporters policy and I'll know when it's acceptable to turn on the manager, I understand it takes a little more time.

Spot on,

I'd give Kenny another season,he deserves that,

the same as Benitez deserved another season with decent owners

We've hijacked this thread to discuss Voronin. If only he knew what high esteem we still hold him in.

Does anyone have his email address?

Faceaids He already has something like 8,000,000,000 fans though, so I'm pretty sure he's aware of the esteem with which he is held.

I think with Andriy it'll always be a case of what if?

What if Rafa had trusted his 'unique' skillset?

What if his head hadn't been turned by a lucrative foray into Germany?

What if he hadn't worn that tracksuit?

What if he wasn't saving himself for the national team?

What if he could walk past a pie shop without feeling the need to go in?

Shame, I sensed a new dawn when Andriy turned up, what if?

We have 11 games left, if we win the rest of our games we will get 72 points, I think 68 points will be enough to secure 4th so 9 wins and 2 draws might be enough.

Its highly unlikely it will happen but its certainly not impossible.

According to some we've nothing to play for.

We have 11 games left, if we win the rest of our games we will get 72 points, I think 68 points will be enough to secure 4th so 9 wins and 2 draws might be enough.

Its highly unlikely it will happen but its certainly not impossible.

More unlikely when we haven't won 3 league games on the spin

We have the exact same point tally this season as we did at the same stage last year.

We are better at the back and have conceded 6 fewer goals compared to last season and we have the second best defensive record in the league so the foundations are there.

We are struggling up front though and have scored 5 goals less than last year, if we had been able to score from the spot a lot of things could have been better as we have missed 5 this season and thats hardly the managers fault.

More than anything we need a goalscorer, if we had one we would be comfortably in either 4th or 3rd by now.

It was a shite game against Sunderland yesterday, but they scored another freak goal almost as lucky as the beach ball goal and this is a team who are only two points behind us, the exact same position they had last year at this stage.

We have the derby coming up, a win there and we are 3 points better compared to last season, we have already 1 cup in the bag and are playing a quarter final next weekend.

People need to sit back and get some perspective, there are a few different reasons we are where we are at the moment and most of them are things out of the managers control when the window has closed.

Like players missing 100% chances, missing penalties and hiotting the posts/crossbar more than 20 times this season.

if we sign the right players in the summer I see no reason why we cant bu in the mix for the CL spots next season and maybe even the title, but we need a few players with the ability to score goals because what we have right now will never be able to deliever enough goals for us to be challenging in the league, its simple maths.

the same as Benitez deserved another season with decent owners

Benitez didnt deserve what he got based on one inadequate season, having just lost Hyypia, Alonso and Arbeloa that Summer, and with Torres on and off the treatment table. He actually had some excuses, not great ones, but worth taking into account.

It was lunacy to even consider sacking him, let alone doing it.

Aquilani is immeasurably better than Henderson or Adam.

This club is getting everything it deserves, we made our bed and, guess what, it's bedtime.

We are struggling up front though and have scored 5 goals less than last year, if we had been able to score from the spot a lot of things could have been better as we have missed 5 this season and thats hardly the managers fault.

Yes, it is Kenny that has to shoulder some blame.

Sort out a penalty taker to deputise for Gerrard.

If everything on the field is the players fault, and Steve Clarke takes training, then what does Kenny do?

We're shit for a reason, and it's his job to find that reason and fix it. There's no reason why Suarez can't score goals, unless it's his head. If so, then stop picking him. Just stop repeating the same test over and over again, it's insane.

Yes, it is Kenny that has to shoulder some blame.

Sort out a penalty taker to deputise for Gerrard.

If everything on the field is the players fault, and Steve Clarke takes training, then what does Kenny do?

We're shit for a reason, and it's his job to find that reason and fix it. There's no reason why Suarez can't score goals, unless it's his head. If so, then stop picking him. Just stop repeating the same test over and over again, it's insane.

Suarez scored penalties for Ajax, Adam for Blackburn and Kuyt used to score for us.

If you blame a manager for missed penalties and more than 20 shots to hit the posts/crossbar you can do that, but dont expect anyone to take you seriously.

I'm not happy with a few of the things that happened in the summer regarding transfers, but we are not converting our chances, if we did at even an average rate we would be comfortably in third.

I thought we would have signed a player in January to try and help sorting this problem but we did not, how much that was to Kenny or other factors I dont know so I can only speculate.

In Kenny's favor, we're in the game to win trophies, not get into the Cl and be beaten to a pulp against better sides.

Against Kenny, someone has to answer for these gash signings, and the unlikely possibility that the owners will give him or anyone else more money over the summer. Summation: any silver is better than none.

We're just not what we used to be. All the FOAR notwithstanding, we are what we are. Minus an infusion of Arab cash, we're a cup team. We love our club - it'll have to be enough.

Sorry summary for a first post but as I see it.