You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carra

How any one can slag Carra or Rafa is beyond me. Both did great, Rafa ultimately going (I never wanted it) because he never won the title. Yes it may have suited whoever held the power but he provided the gun and ammunition by not winning it. Carra is still great, can still do a job and can be funny and insightful when interviewed. I love them both. In a strictly manly, brotherly way. As for finding his voice grating? Really?

What absolute rot. Choosing to ignore what I said about wanting the best for the club aside (seeing as you've decided that I'm in love with Rafa with zero evidence), Carragher can say what he wants. Doesn't mean he's right or that he should be saying it. And like anything else in life, talking shit means you're not going to get your arse licked by all and sundry.

I suggest concentrating on the club in future and blowing out the candle you are carrying for Carragher etc etc.

I hold no candle for Carragher, but I respect him and his achievements. I respect Benitez's achievements too. I don't believe he should have stayed at the club. While Roy's tenure was disastrous, retaining Benitez would hardly have been beneficial to the club at that time.

What is best for the club is focussing on the future. There is no issue with him saying what he has said, except with those who have some unhealthy attachment to Benitez. No objective observer would see anything wrong in his statements. The fact that you apparently do says more about you than it does him. Patently, you are the one talking shit here, not Carragher. I don't care whether Carragher plays another game for us or not, as long as we have a solid defensive unit.

It's funny that neither of you have chosen to discredit the actual things I've said and instead focussed on general insults ('do one', 'those fumes are rotting your brain'), displaying Carragher as some kind of God ('Carragher can say what he wants to who he wants') or dragging one of our former managers down (as seems to be the general case). A shame.

who is dragging Benitez down this time? Can you provide a link to the post? Or is it made up in your head?

How any one can slag Carra or Rafa is beyond me. Both did great, Rafa ultimately going (I never wanted it) because he never won the title. Yes it may have suited whoever held the power but he provided the gun and ammunition by not winning it. Carra is still great, can still do a job and can be funny and insightful when interviewed. I love them both. In a strictly manly, brotherly way. As for finding his voice grating? Really?

Just his voice tone really normal and then up to high pitch mode and squeak.

Love him though, so not slagging him off in the sense of attitude or ability.

who the fuck are these muppets?! slagging carragher off for his voice now? where are you from?!

this thread has to be a piss take. slagging off one of our best servants and a guy who played as big a part as anyone in giving most of us the best night of our lives in istanbul (getting us there and in the final) - he can come round my house, shag my missus, shoot my dog, shit in my bed and eat my chorizo and he will still be a fucking hero in my eyes.

absolute whoppers some of you lot

who the fuck are these muppets?! slagging carragher off for his voice now? where are you from?!

this thread has to be a piss take. slagging off one of our best servants and a guy who played as big a part as anyone in giving most of us the best night of our lives in istanbul (getting us there and in the final) - he can come round my house, shag my missus, shoot my dog, shit in my bed and eat my chorizo and he will still be a fucking hero in my eyes.

absolute whoppers some of you lot

Ha ha chill out

I hold no candle for Carragher, but I respect him and his achievements. I respect Benitez's achievements too. I don't believe he should have stayed at the club. While Roy's tenure was disastrous, retaining Benitez would hardly have been beneficial to the club at that time.

What is best for the club is focussing on the future. There is no issue with him saying what he has said, except with those who have some unhealthy attachment to Benitez. No objective observer would see anything wrong in his statements. The fact that you apparently do says more about you than it does him. Patently, you are the one talking shit here, not Carragher. I don't care whether Carragher plays another game for us or not, as long as we have a solid defensive unit.

There's an issue when people associated with the club disrespect others. Again, you've come out with things like 'people having an unhealthy attachment to Benitez' just to suit your agenda when it's been repeated that them most important thing is the club. If you agree that the club should acquiesce to the likes of Steve Bruce and anyone who disagrees is talking shit then fine. You can be happy with that. I'll defend the club when people attack it.

who is dragging Benitez down this time? Can you provide a link to the post? Or is it made up in your head?

Not made up, the first opportunity you got, you decided to tell the world that people have an unhealthy obsession towards him and people need to let go. It's obvious you don't rate him as highly as others and if someone does rate him higher than you, it must be because they're obsessed with him and there's no other possible explanation.

Not made up, the first opportunity you got, you decided to tell the world that people have an unhealthy obsession towards him and people need to let go. It's obvious you don't rate him as highly as others and if someone does rate him higher than you, it must be because they're obsessed with him and there's no other possible explanation.

You've answered a different question to the one I asked. I'll ask it again, as you clearly didn't get it the first time. Who is dragging Benitez down? Or is it made up in your head? Unhealthy obsession can play tricks with the mind.

There's an issue when people associated with the club disrespect others. Again, you've come out with things like 'people having an unhealthy attachment to Benitez' just to suit your agenda when it's been repeated that them most important thing is the club. If you agree that the club should acquiesce to the likes of Steve Bruce and anyone who disagrees is talking shit then fine. You can be happy with that. I'll defend the club when people attack it.

I've no idea what Steve Bruce has to do with anything here.

Benitez is no longer part of the club; Carragher is. Carragher has said nothing against the club - ever, as far as I know. He's still here, and he will get my support as long as he is.

You've answered a different question to the one I asked. I'll ask it again, as you clearly didn't get it the first time. Who is dragging Benitez down? Or is it made up in your head? Unhealthy obsession can play tricks with the mind.

You. What is it with you and 'unhealthy obsessions'?

I've no idea what Steve Bruce has to do with anything here.

Benitez is no longer part of the club; Carragher is. Carragher has said nothing against the club - ever, as far as I know. He's still here, and he will get my support as long as he is.

Oh dear. You initially responded to my post which was exactly about this, with examples. And now you're ignoring it? Good stuff.

He couldn't wait for the club to get rid of Rafa.

Look what the cat has dragged in. Easily confused, unhealthily obsessive and hyper sensitive. I spot a trend developing.

Actually, your statement above flies in the face of the facts. I was glad to see him go, but I was one of those, when people were screaming for him to be sacked before Christmas, who repeatedly said he should at least have until the end of the season to try and turn things around. Sorry to piss on your soggy chips, but them's the facts Martin.

Oh dear. You initially responded to my post which was exactly about this, with examples. And now you're ignoring it? Good stuff.

I responded about the alleged comments to Houllier. That's not disrespectful to the club, you numpty. I'm not ignoring anything. Not yet anyway. I'm a patient man.

He couldn't wait for the club to get rid of Rafa.

There is no evidence for that whatsoever.Carra is on record historically, and recently, for praising Rafa.

He did have the guts to call up Rafa when Rafa became distracted by a disastrous and pointlessly self destructive battle with Purslow from which Rafa, and LFc lost out - Carra was right.

Carra is a pro footballer, and like all pro footballers follows winners. he backed him when he was winning- and called him when he lost his way. That's fair enough.

Guest TK-421
Look what the cat has dragged in. Easily confused, unhealthily obsessive and hyper sensitive. I spot a trend developing.

Actually, your statement above flies in the face of the facts. I was glad to see him go, but I was one of those, when people were screaming for him to be sacked before Christmas, who repeatedly said he should at least have until the end of the season to try and turn things around. Sorry to piss on your soggy chips, but them's the facts Martin.

Nah.

You wanted him gone and started threads like "it's happening on Monday" (it didn't), implying some sort of itk goings on.

You championed his replacement.

You were and still are hideously wrong.

Guest TK-421
There is no evidence for that whatsoever.Carra is on record historically, and recently, for praising Rafa.

He did have the guts to call up Rafa when Rafa became distracted by a disastrous and pointlessly self destructive battle with Purslow from which Rafa, and LFc lost out - Carra was right.

Carra is a pro footballer, and like all pro footballers follows winners. he backed him when he was winning- and called him when he lost his way. That's fair enough.

I was referring to stringvest.

You mean when Rafa was trying to do the best for the club whilst Hicks, Gillette and Purslow were here, all trying to destroy it? Yeah what a bastard he was. LFC lost out because we had owners who didn't care about it and an MD concerned with his own ego and trying to play Championship manager. Not because of Rafa. And if Carragher's so concerned with the club, why was negotiating a contract whilst the future of the club was in limbo?

Nah.

You wanted him gone and started threads like "it's happening on Monday" (it didn't), implying some sort of itk goings on.

To be fair to stringvest here TK, he is right in what he is saying, he did say wait until the season is over.

He may have wanted him gone, but he wanted him gone at the end of the season.

And some people were right ot champion Hodgson as he had done so well with Fulham, it was their right.

I however didn't want him.

Just so we are clear on this taking sides thing.

Nah.

I certainly did want him gone at the end of the season. I was wrong about how well his replacement would do, but I wanted him gone at the end of the season. It was the correct decision. We were in freefall and in a complete mess on and off the pitch. The club needed to be sold, and we needed a new manager.

Ra-Ra Rafa Benitez and We All Dream Of A Team Of Carraghers. Happy days, eh?