You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carra

Why?

Using that logic, isn't every post that you (and every other poster on this and all the other boards) ever made about a players ability an insult due to your playing ability - enless of course you're Kenny Dalglish, Steven Gerrard, Graeme Sounness or a limited number of other world class players?

You either don't understand the logic, or don't actually understand the word "logic"

When Carragher said “Worse then the Rafa rant”, I laughed. I laughed because it was a little in-joke that every single Liverpool fan could be in on and could have a little laugh at. You all got to be part of an in-joke with Jamie Carragher. I actually bet Rafa raised a smile when he heard it.

Anyone taking it even slightly more serious then that desperately needs to get out a bit more.

Carra has meade no secret of his desire to go into management. What route he takes remains to be seen.

Is he going to be our "Guardiola"? Or is he going to need to learn the trade elsewhere?

I hugely admired Rafa's achievements, apart from his final year. Carra should be admired for putting Rafa straight about the need for him to do the job for which he was being handsomely rewarded, not pilloried for it. Rafa's failure in that regard cost him him his job. Carra was right.

What if Rafa just kept his mouth shut and left the Yanks free to destroy the club completely?

Rafa fully got onto the owners after the way he was treated in Athens - as described fully in Epic Swindle. Really for Rafa's sake he should have resigned there and then and then walked straight into the Real Madrid job, as his stock was at its highest. Then where would we have been with someone like Klinsmann appointed?

But he spoke out on our behalf, and it helped get Torres that summer. The owners never forgave him for it, but if he'd done a Ferguson and just sucked up to them all the time then the fans wouldn't have got onto what was going on at the club.

What if Rafa just kept his mouth shut and left the Yanks free to destroy the club completely?

Rafa fully got onto the owners after the way he was treated in Athens - as described fully in Epic Swindle. Really for Rafa's sake he should have resigned there and then and then walked straight into the Real Madrid job, as his stock was at its highest. Then where would we have been with someone like Klinsmann appointed?

But he spoke out on our behalf, and it helped get Torres that summer. The owners never forgave him for it, but if he'd done a Ferguson and just sucked up to them all the time then the fans wouldn't have got onto what was going on at the club.

I'd have preferred it if he'd done a Ferguson in some ways. The "winning loads of titles" bit anyway.

Jamie misses him really, what he said earlier in the season.

"We want to get back in the Champions League and compete for trophies," he said.

"This club needs to be back at Europe's top table. Maybe we took it for granted a little bit under Rafa (Benitez).

"We won it, we got to another final and we consistently made the quarters and semis.

"Rafa got a bit of criticism towards the end but when you look at how we did in Europe we were always in the top four or five clubs across the continent. We want those days back.

I reckon Carra has played his last CL game for Liverpool.

Jamie misses him really, what he said earlier in the season.

"We want to get back in the Champions League and compete for trophies," he said.

"This club needs to be back at Europe's top table. Maybe we took it for granted a little bit under Rafa (Benitez).

"We won it, we got to another final and we consistently made the quarters and semis.

"Rafa got a bit of criticism towards the end but when you look at how we did in Europe we were always in the top four or five clubs across the continent. We want those days back.

Maybe he realised how good we had it under Rafa? - Like he said, "Maybe we took it for granted a little bit under Rafa (Benitez)". Perhaps talking about acquiescing to the likes of Steve Bruce or Ged's "he still hasn't beaten you boss" to Ged weren't the best things to do?

Maybe he realised how good we had it under Rafa? - Like he said, "Maybe we took it for granted a little bit under Rafa (Benitez)". Perhaps talking about acquiescing to the likes of Steve Bruce or Ged's "he still hasn't beaten you boss" to Ged weren't the best things to do?

Do one. Carragher can say what he wants to who he wants. Who the hell are you to suggest otherwise?

Do one. Carragher can say what he wants to who he wants. Who the hell are you to suggest otherwise?

Me? I support Liverpool Football Club and want what's best for it. If you think Carragher can say 'what he wants' then you need to be prepared to accept criticism when he's called on it.

called on what? If he wants to talk to an ex-manager in any terms he chooses, that's his prerogative. 'Calling him' on it? Jesus Christ. And what's best for Liverpool football club is concentrating on the future and blowing out the candle you are carrying for an ex-manager. Those fumes are rotting your brain.

called on what? If he wants to talk to an ex-manager in any terms he chooses, that's his prerogative. 'Calling him' on it? Jesus Christ. And what's best for Liverpool football club is concentrating on the future and blowing out the candle you are carrying for an ex-manager. Those fumes are rotting your brain.

What absolute rot. Choosing to ignore what I said about wanting the best for the club aside (seeing as you've decided that I'm in love with Rafa with zero evidence), Carragher can say what he wants. Doesn't mean he's right or that he should be saying it. And like anything else in life, talking shit means you're not going to get your arse licked by all and sundry.

I suggest concentrating on the club in future and blowing out the candle you are carrying for Carragher etc etc.

Edited by suigintou

It's funny that neither of you have chosen to discredit the actual things I've said and instead focussed on general insults ('do one', 'those fumes are rotting your brain'), displaying Carragher as some kind of God ('Carragher can say what he wants to who he wants') or dragging one of our former managers down (as seems to be the general case). A shame.