You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs Match thread - Monday

Guest LFD

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
I'll let you guys make your own minds up. But I think he meant it.

suarezz1upo.gif

Quite brilliant technique there the way he lays that shithouse cunt's stomach up for himself. That nudge to set it up is genius.

I'm fairly sure if I bumped into Scott Parker without any witnesses I'd say hello and then knock him out. Rodent.

Fair enough, I just think he could have pulled out as Parker was always going to win the header and Suarez knew Parker was there as he had shoved he just before.

Anyway only Suarez will know if he meant it or not.

I will give him the benefit of doubt.

Parker should not have been on the pitch for anybody to kick at that point.

He got away with constant fouling all night with just a yellow & then threw a shocking challenge in on the edge of the box with about 15 minutes left & got away with it as the ref played advantage & ran away from the decision.

So I'm not the only one who picked up on that... fair enough play the advantage but then bring it back and book the cunt and send him off

I'll let you guys make your own minds up. But I think he meant it.

I think its quite clear hes watching the ball all the way down and hes not actually looking at Parker until his foot is connecting with Parker's stomach.

Stupid yes, intentional, I can't say for 100% but the video makes me think not.

Thought we played alright tonight if a little lacking as per bloody usual at home this year in the cutting edge yet again. Thought Luis could maybe should have done a little better with that header at the end - If he'd angled it a bit like Skrtel did for his goal at Villa Park at the end of last year? He'd have scored it No doubt at all in my mind - An angled header? Would of eluded Friedel quite easily at that particular point but them's the breaks. The thing I was very pleased with tonight against That mob? Was the defensive effort - Jay did a very professional job in shutting down Modric on the few occasions he got forward & Kelly on the right? Completely locked out Bale so much so that he ended up having a go at Johnson on the other flank & getting nothing out of him either - The only time the ball Did finally break for Bale? Reina was up to his usual high standards & kept him out. Don't forget? Spurs hadn't Not scored for something like 20 odd games tonight so we did well to not just shut them down but totally neutralise them. There was none of the ridiculous defensive disasters we've had in the last 3 matches against this mob (terrible deflections, awful penalties, comical own goals, laughable early sendings off etc) that have somewhat distorted their results against us of late.

In the end? We dominated the match, Spearing shut down their vaunted midfield on his own virtually whilst Kelly & Johnson placed the flanks of our backline on lockout leaving Bale out in the cold & they had One chance all night that eventually fell to the Welshman who missed it; In the final analysis? We made Spurs look what they are without their main 2 threats firing - Ordinary - About as ordinary as our 08/09 side looked when Gerrard & Torres were shut down. Bet you don't hear That in the papers tomoz though or about how Parker stayed on after a nailed on Red Card challenge From him near the end - Nor I suspect will there be anything about the nailed on penalty we were yet again refused at home - Doesn't fit the agenda no? BTW? I think this of us being refused Home penalties? Is way to deliberate & prolonged now to Not be consicous decisions by the ref's involved based on the fact it's Us.

And finally? Did you see that tosser of a ref'? Couldn't Wait to book Luis & I actually thought he'd do worse at first never mind giving us anything else - It was stopping play when we were attacking, looking the other way when they put in ahem 'debateable' tackles & giving the old Omerta sign of hands across the chest at every even Slightly viable claim for a penalty all night long from the young ref' & it's not just him either which is really starting to annoy me - That ref's display? Was a virtual replica of the disgraceful display from Howard Webb in our last home League match right down to the nailed on penalty being utterly ignored - Funnily enough? It was Webb that gave us our last penalty against Spurs - That was in January 2010 though.

Oh & is it me or is Skrtel becoming a real beast something like the Vidic of old that we hoped he be when we got him? Him & Agger are without question? The best backline CB pair in this league now. I'd go so far as to say that any of the sides above us with them? Would win the league easily. Skrtel's not just like Vidic used to be for that lot? Agger's matured to into a much better player than Ferdinand ever was & he to seems Far more aggressive in his approach this year. I'd say pairing them when Carragher went out of the team earlier this year? Has been the making of them & our backline for years to come & further? This bedrock reminds me of the Hyppia/Henchoz & Hyppia/Carragher ones in their permanence for me. They'll win us trophies if they carry on at this rate - No question.

I quite like the way the flanks look as well - Just wish Enrique had played tonight as with his Left footed delivery giving their right flank no time to reorganise as they did for Johnson's crosses? I suspect we might have made a goal or two with him in there tonight. Also with regard to the flanks? I Think Kelly is a Real find at Right-back now. Far better defender than the much vaunted Kyle Walker of Spurs & not without pace of his own either - In the last few weeks? He's shut down Ryan Giggs quite easily & now dominated Gareth Bale in a way No Right-back I've yet seen has done so much so that he's been virtually forced to switch flanks to find any space - Never mind attacking room. Never seen that done to Bale before - Never mind by if not a rookie then still a novice in First Team affairs like Kelly - Just goes to show? We might have something similar on our hands here to what Rob Jones gave us all those years ago - Just hope Martin's health is a little sturdier than Rob's & he doesn't suffer all the injuries his long-ago predecessor did. But still? A Real find if you ask me & a good bet to follow Johnson at England level eventually if not for a while (far more so than Walker anyway).

Finally it's just my view but is it me or was Bale a little to believing of his own hype & guilty of acting somewhat arrogant tonight? He was way to aggressive in his pushing of people when things didn't go his way & maybe lucky to stay on after that to. BTW is it me or didn't Bale start off as a full back like Johnson also & then move forward to become the rocket paced menace he now is? Maybe Kenny could do something similar with Glen? He's the One Man in our squad I think we Could utilise far more going forward.

Anyway, on we go - I suspect if we keep that standard of intensity up & get back to varying/speeding up our attacking moves as we did against Wolves & the Manchester Sides from next week onwards? We'll win far more than we lose - Particularly against the troublesome 'little' sides - Funny thing is? I think we played more than well enough tonight to have beaten the likes of a Norwich or a Swansea handily & we probably did enough had we chosen the right players to start with (i.e Suarez from half time onwards?) to have a couple of goals victory tonight. The only reason Spurs survived was our profiligacy & their own currently very high standard of defensive players (and you don't say That often about them). Oh yes & is it me or does Ledley King Only play against Liverpool now? He always seems to play & normally well against us but doesn't play never mind well against any other team.

Anyway? I've a feeling home draws & draws against the dross of the league will be less of a problem now we've finally a chance to integrate everyone upfront. It's just our tough that we came up against one of the better sides & a clearly biased (against us) referee this evening. Still you live & learn - As I said? We should do much better against the worse sides of this league from here on in - And wouldn't you know? We face one such side on Saturday - Should be interesting. I've seen nothing from them coming forward to bother a defence of our level though - And their own? Well the pathetic mess they end up in only 6 minutes into the second half on Sunday says all you need to know & we? Are a level up from Chelsea as a Team if you ask me - They won't find it easy against us at all on Saturday - In fact? I think we might just beat them. Either way? I think we might just enjoy Saturday night - Mark my words...........................

NB Glad to see Carroll Finally looks like a Part of the whole team. He just 'feels' like a cog in the machine overall rather than a spare part we've tried to weld on that hasn't quite taken yet & which no-one has a clue how to us at long, long last. It's taken him more than a year but now? I think Andy Does have a future with us & a big one to. He caused Spurs all sorts of problems tonight & if you ask me? It wasn't his lack of control/touch etc that was the problem now - It was our other players not anticipating what he would do & the one time one did in Kuyt? Scott sodding Parker got the ball just ahead of him or we could have had a repeat of the winning goal the other Saturday. Anyway up & onwards.................

NBB After tonight & seeing our defensive solidity against the best 3 attacks in the league in the last few weeks in various competitions? Not to mention our various 'rivals' sheer ineptitude in those departments in recent weeks? I think If we stay focused & retain our application in every game through to the end of the season? We could yet still finish comfortably above not just Newcastle & Arsenal (which I think we Will do) but also Chelsea. I still think Fourth Place is quite an achievable target. We might not be Very consistent in our results yet but what we Are that they All are quite clearly not? Is Very secure at the back & extremely consistent defensively - In short? Our backline & goalkeeper? Far exceed the level of those of any of the 3 teams around us by quite some distance. When you look at that along with the fact they all still have to play us again? And I think you have to say Those will be the telling factors in the end. We're still handily placed to begin something of a charge up the table & pretty soon? I think we will.......

Edited by Redshadow

Looking at it re' Suarez & that kick? I think that he Thought Parker was going to miss the ball & thus raised his boot for it & by the time He saw Parker would get it? It was to late to pull out. As you say though Bobby? Stuff all they can do about it now with the Yellow & all. I think as a result of the inevitable clamour though? We should be Very careful on Saturday re tackles & challenges at that dump. Yes, despite me being confident as I said in my nove....ahem huge post above about Saturdays game at OT? When Thinking on about it - I'm a little worried as I've just remembered Where we'll be playing & who against. I suspect if not United getting any more obviously favourable penalties in their favour as their last four spot kicks since such a move would just be To obvious? Then maybe the next move might be for a few ahem questionable Red Cards to be given to their opponents players for so much as looking at them wrongly & since we're next up? It's a perfect time no doubt for the ref's to begin yet another crusade against dangerous tackles. Not predicting anything - Just that if one of ours Can be sent off or is put in such a position on Saturday? Then put money on it happening as it almost certainly Will. They'll do their best to grab an advantage in their grubby little hands any way they can - Mark my words.................

NB Agree re' the Media trying to drive Luis out WaltonRed - Don't know Why but they've done that virtually since the start of the PL to All our class players at one point or another - It's almost like they believe we're some sort of Conference Club that better players are 'Wasted' at & yet they watch the likes of Ferguson ruin the odd promising player like he did with Forlan or like when He Shifted Rooney to acomodate Ronaldo & that's not to mention the likes of Arsene Wenger evicting promising young English players from his Arsenal Squad by the dozen at times &? Not a flicker. Wonder why but for me? I find such inconsistency & downright hypocrisy Very annoying indeed. Nothing will change anytime soon though. Won't fit the agenda no? And we all know who That is aimed at................

NBB Newport? Agree again re Henderson I thought he was very calm at times I've seen him this season & he played very well at Fulham particularly with that curler into the post. Also the pass he gave for Gerrard's goal against Newcastle was exquisite to say the least. A little like Lucas? I think Henderson will improve (out of All recognition from how he is now) with age - Further? He might just have the makings of an English Alonso or certainly a player like Carrick who can 'command' matches from the middle with the ball & that is something we're sorely short of right now. We shall see soon enough either way - Time will tell on that one, sooner or later? Time will tell............

Edited by Redshadow

Why? Cos he's class and he plays for us.

I am not going to defend someone if they are wrong, whether they play for us or not.

However I think there is enough doubt in this incident for me to give Suarez the benefit that he didn't mean it.

I agree LFD re' Suarez - You can't tell if he meant to get the ball or boot Parker & besides? He was booked so the incident Must be forgotten now. It's all a storm in a Teacup anyway if you ask me - I think as per usual with us? It's the media looking for something, Anything by which they can whip up a storm & maybe get our class players banned/p*ssed off at playing for us & clamouring to leave ala Torres/Masch' etc; Rather like the 'Racism' Debacle in fact it appears very contrived & deliberate this sudden so-called 'storm'. If you ask me? It smacks of Anything to weaken us in fact. I Don't know Why they hate us so much but That they Do? Is without question & more worryingly? A lot of referees appear to have agreed with them of late in recent seasons since at least 2009 if not further back. Something needs to be done about all this if you ask me but God alone knows what, I know I don't. Another year, nothing changes nor likely ever will right now..............

I think we should have brought on Henderson for Adam in the end. He's better with that small space play and calmer with the ball at his feet.

Oh and the crossing was really poor - again.

No he isn't. He's a shithouse who does layoffs. Adam had a decent game and matched modric, he rarely wasted a pass and was composed

As for stewy downing, he really needs to start doing something otherwise his Anfield career could be a bit shorter than he would want. I accept that players can't help their price tags, and we were all utterly bemused that Kenny thought he was worth 20m, but price tag aside, he is in real danger of having the most ineffective season that any Premiership forward has ever had.

0 goals and 0 assists, 0 shots on target

In February

It'd be funny if it wasn't so shit

Played well I thought!

Komany apart we have the two best centre halves in the country, Spearing played well, Gerrard did well and Caroll was good.

And Luis, as you can clearly see from that video was looking at the ball, but weirdo that he is he then followed the ball rather than keep looking up like a fucking retard staring at planes!

Played well I thought!

Komany apart we have the two best centre halves in the country, Spearing played well, Gerrard did well and Caroll was good.

And Luis, as you can clearly see from that video was looking at the ball, but weirdo that he is he then followed the ball rather than keep looking up like a fucking retard staring at planes!

Quite a few positives for me last night. Both Caroll and Stevie looked a lot sharper last night. At the moment, Skrtel for me is the best centre half in the country.

I'm mental am I? Why's that then Silverlining? BTW I know it's insignificant in the grand scheme of things but Downing does have One goal for us albeit as I said only an FA Cup one.

Ignore him redshadow, he thinks he has a reputation as the forum king of smarmy putdowns to defend. He thinks people like him for it. While in reality everyone knows he's just a bit of a dick.

Frustrating game once again. An opposing team comes to Anfield with two defensive midfielders sat in front of their centre backs and grinds out a draw. Only this was even more frustrating because when we got it wide Walker was unbeatable and shit hair on the other side was solid enough.

Whats the solution? Buy better attacking players. Lads with a bit of unpredictability to their game, creative spark, ability to beat a man and desire to get on the ball whether they have men snapping at their heels or not.

Stewart Downing really needs to sort his shit out. He was woeful when he came on last night and offered absolutely fuck all. I've mostly been ambivalent towards him but he's really starting to annoy me now.

Other than that some good individual performances but at the end of the day it's another scoreless draw at home and in truth we never looked like scoring.

Still, Carroll's looking better and actually putting some effort in and there was the beginnings of an understanding with Suarez. Maybe some day they'll even conspire to do a goal! Wouldn't that be something.

Thought we played well. Nullified a side who have swept most before them this season. Huffed and puffed a bit and there was the predictable lack of ruthlessness and cutting edge in attack, but that's no surprise.

In isolation last nights result wasn't a disaster, it's only when added to the other 7 draws it becomes a ball ache.

Thought Carroll had his best game for us. Held the ball up well, dominant in the air and a real handful. He had a confidence and arrogance which we've not seen but was a big part of his game at Newcastle. Very promising signs, although once again we didn't help him by not getting close enough.

Thought the ref was shite, every 50/50 went their way. Skrtel's booking was a joke. So what he clattered him, he took the ball cleanly in the process. It's a mans game for fucks sake. Bale was a fanny and should've walked. Can bet your last penny Suarez would've walked had he raised his arms like that chimp headed cunt.

Our delivery and set pieces are total shite.

Downing come on, had 1 run at Walker which was unsuccessful, and then shut himself and reverted to passing sidewards and backwards.

Kennys interview was boss.

Confident for Saturday.