You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

How many Players from the german league come here and make it its avery little percentage.

how many players actually come here from Germany

ones that spring to mind

Hamann

Babbel

Ziege

Lehmann

Mertesacker

Ballack

Hargreaves

Klinsmann

Berger

Riedle

Rosicky

Pizarro

both Boatengs

Voronin

Santa Cruz

I'd say that lot were mainly good (I think we can all spot the major exception) although only Hamann and Klinsmann can be considered brilliant

how many players actually come here from Germany

ones that spring to mind

Hamann

Babbel

Ziege

Lehmann

Mertesacker

Ballack

Hargreaves

Klinsmann

Berger

Riedle

Rosicky

Pizarro

both Boatengs

Voronin

Santa Cruz

I'd say that lot were mainly good (I think we can all spot the major exception) although only Hamann and Klinsmann can be considered brilliant

You forgot the legend that is Sean Dundee

Have to agree with Dirk hes crap is Kuba he looked ok a few seasons ago well he looked ace but players have got better and he hasnt Dowing is better just unlucky

Downing better than Kuba? I've heard it all now.

Pace, the ability to take someone on, end product or Downing.

Downing better than Kuba? I've heard it all now.

Pace, the ability to take someone on, end product or Downing.

Well its a fact that Downing created more golscoring chances than anyone in our league last season shame we had noone hat could finish because hed of probably of been classed as a awesome signing.

Guest San Don
Well its a fact that Downing created more golscoring chances than anyone in our league last season shame we had noone hat could finish because hed of probably of been classed as a awesome signing.

Think you mean the season before last, dont you?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Stewart Downing: Of players in the England squad, only Baines (67) set up more goalscoring chances in the PL this season that Downing (55)

Such a bullshit statistic, isn't it. The same statistic we based the signing of the players on. Unfortunately, that's just what you get when you you base your purchases on Codesque stats.

Such a bullshit statistic, isn't it. The same statistic we based the signing of the players on. Unfortunately, that's just what you get when you you base your purchases on Codesque stats.

Dead right mate, I'd rather trust what I see with my own eyes; I saw nearly every game we played last season and my eye's are telling me that Downing was shite.

Hes not shit.

Not a word beater, but he isn't shit.

Hes better than any winger we have - in fact he would improve a fair few top PL teams.

The scrabble for his signature in the transfer countdown will determine how many clubs think he's wordy of a place in the Premier League.

Downing reminds me of a dog that's been saved by the RSPA on the TV Advert, a shivering whimpering little shithouse, the dogs got a reason to be that way, that cunt is on 70/80k a week and does fuck all, I haven't really took a dislike to many players other than Diouf but I really hate this twat.

Downing reminds me of a dog that's been saved by the RSPA on the TV Advert' date=' a shivering whimpering little shithouse, the dogs got a reason to be that way, that cunt is on 70/80k a week and does fuck all, I haven't really took a dislike to many players other than Diouf but I really hate this twat.[/quote']

I wouldn't say I hate him but he drives me fucking mad, I know plenty disagree but he is actually a far better player than what he has shown for us but won't try anything because he is a big fucking jessy

Hector Herrera anyone?

"We have a sort of deal between the two clubs, in that Liverpool would be the first in line should the player emigrate to Europe. There's no formal offer yet, only interest, no verbal agreement or pre-contract. Liverpool's people came to Mexico on a general scouting trip, there's a declared interest in Herrera."

Cant say I've ever seen him play but "winger" sounds like a good start!

So where is Dzagoev going to end up after the Euro's then? A good tournament last time got Arseshaving noticed, and a big move a bit later - seeing as CSKA are on a bit of slide - surely its only a matter of time before they lose this kid, he looks class.

So where is Dzagoev going to end up after the Euro's then? A good tournament last time got Arseshaving noticed, and a big move a bit later - seeing as CSKA are on a bit of slide - surely its only a matter of time before they lose this kid, he looks class.

The problem with bringing Russian players over is 2 fold -

They don't always too well abroad (generalising I know!).

They get paid very well and have much lower taxation rates at home, so unless we are going make him one of the best paid players, I'd be surprised if he comes over.

Wikipedia: Borussia Dortmund

On 6 June, Borussia Dortmund officially confirmed on its website that the club had agreed terms with CSKA Moscow for the transfer of Dzagoev. The midfielder agreed personal terms with the club and passed a medical examination. The transfer fee was rumoured to be priced at £10 million, while Dzagoev will receive a weekly wage of around £50,000.[140] . This is because departure of Shinji Kagawa to Manchester United .