You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves V Liverpool (31/1/12)

Faustus

Seeing as the game is tomorrow, thought I may as well put a thread up for it.

Hopefully Kenny's bollocking after the Bolton debacle has done the trick and we can build on two fantastic results against both Manc clubs. We really can't afford to fall any further behind Chelsea in the race for that fourth Champions League slot so a good result is imperative, as it really is up for grabs and I think it'll go to whoever can string a decent run together from now until the end of the season. Chelsea and Arsenal seem as bad as us as stringing a sequence of results together so hopefully we can use this week as a platform and see some consistency.

I'm expecting a tough game tomorrow. We're going to have to battle for everything and show that we went it. Basically, the polar opposite of our performance against Wolves. Really important to get a good result tomorrow ahead of a tricky run of fixtures.

Anybody know of any boozers either in Birkenhead or Liverpool city centre showing it? It's not on Sky is it? Does the Picture House on London Road still have all the blag channels?

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--------------------------------Reina-------------------------------

Kelly--------------Skrtel------------------Agger----------------GJ

--------------------Henderson---------Gerrard/Adam-------------

Kuyt--------------------------Bellamy----------------------Downing

-------------------------------Carroll--------------------------------

not sure how we'll line up for this one.

think enrique could do with a rest because he's been off his game a bit recently.

we could do with spearing back in midfield because of Gerrard felt a twinge on saturday as Dave said in his report then not sure he'll be risked. henderson has ran a marathon in the last week so he could make way for spearing if fit or maybe shelvey could figure somewhere. we could always go with carra again in the holding role. it wasn't disastrous but it could be in this game - remember skrtel at right back v spurs.

not sure about the team at all. Just hope we show plenty of balls and get 3 points.

Call me a negative bastard but I'm expecting a real shower of shite.

yeah. although we were pretty shit on saturday so hopefully we'll play a lot better but if recent history is anything to go by we'll turn up thinking we'll win and get our holes handed to us. wolves are guff though.

Guest the boy
we could always go with carra again in the holding role. it wasn't disastrous but it could be in this game

Carragher in midfield on Saturday was as hopeless a performance as I've seen from a Liverpool player. We were effectively playing with 10 men until his removal, hence United's B-team swamping us. I dislike his character -- coming on at the end to shake Evra's hand and milk the applause was Coogan-like -- but felt sorry for him as a player for having been placed in that position. He was a very mediocre midfielder at the peak of his physical condition; to put him in that position on Saturday and keep him there past the hour mark was nothing short of outrageous.

I hope Shelvey comes in for this one. Movement and energy will be the key there.

Could be difficult to field the same team that beat the Mancs, but would love to see us start with the players who ended that match. Dirk, Bellamy and Adam only played about ten minutes. Bring Kelly back, rest Johnson for Tottenham.

Suarez... this match completes the 8 game ban.

i´d get dirk into the engine room and start carra up top in this one,he´s due one. carroll´s bound to be tired after his lion like performance against the mancs and bellamy´s knees can´t take more then 215 minutes in ten days. think it might be worth putting johnson right mid ahead of kelly to double up on hunt and get fabio in on the other side so him and jose can keep jarvis quiet.

it´ll be a tight game but we´ll squeeze through in the end.

carragher 89th minute.

come on you redmen!

Classic LFC banana skin fixture this one after 2 great cup performances.

I'd start with the same team that finished the Man United game. Hopefully get the game won then make changes.

This.

I know we don't do comfortable wins but one here would lift the squad (if thats possible after the last 2 games) and really set us up for a push for 4th place.

Carragher in midfield on Saturday was as hopeless a performance as I've seen from a Liverpool player. We were effectively playing with 10 men until his removal, hence United's B-team swamping us. I dislike his character -- coming on at the end to shake Evra's hand and milk the applause was Coogan-like -- but felt sorry for him as a player for having been placed in that position. He was a very mediocre midfielder at the peak of his physical condition; to put him in that position on Saturday and keep him there past the hour mark was nothing short of outrageous.

I hope Shelvey comes in for this one. Movement and energy will be the key there.

You dislike the 'character' of Jamie Carragher?

You should fuck off back to RAWK, or perhaps start a website called Bitter Superfan Airmchair OOT Reds

PS Cunt

I want to see:

Reina

Kelly - Doesn't deserve to be dropped.

Skrtel

Agger

Enrique

Spearing - Important player without Lucas

Shelvey - Think he might offer more than Henderson

Johnson - Yes I still want to see him tried on the right wing

Gerrard

Maxi - More of a goal threat than Downing

Bellamy - No brainer. He was immense upfront vs City and his pace and movement on the counter attack could win us the game. Plus I don't want to see Carroll play.

But we won't see that because Kenny will play Henderson - as he always seems to play.

I hope we put in a really good, winning, performance at Molineux tomorrow night. I'd like to see us beat them in a way that we beat them last season at there's. Please let Andy Carroll push on from a solid performance against Utd and start scoring now. Ditto Dirk.