You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racism is a serious issue.

Guest San Don

Guest San Don

I dont think any LFC fan would say otherwise. Yes, we've had racist chanting in the past and perhaps as uncomfortable as it may sound, probably have pockets of it here and there amongst some of our fans. But that would be no different to any other fottball club in Britain despite what the meedja would like you to believe.

To my knowledge a number of PL clubs had racially aggrevated convictions last season while LFC had none. Why are SSN, the daily wail and manc not delivering this info to the masses? Answer, it doesnt suit their agenda.

I dont know how many other clubs publically declare before each game that unacceptable behaviour, race, sex, religion etc (you know George's pre match statement) but I find it abhorent the amount of stick the club is coming in for, based on hearsay (rueben hazell & dean furman) rather than hard FACTS as they like to say.

To the anti LFC mob out there, this oldham player's 'incident' is just mana from heaven for them.

At the moment, there is absolutely no proof whatsoever that racist abuse was directed at him. The matter is still under investigation. But incredibly, at a time when there is even more smoke and mirrors than you can shake a stick at, we as a club and fans have been judged and found guilty. All that is left is for us to be sentenced.

One can only thank goodness court trials are no longer enacted under such hysteria.

The amount of inuendo I've seen presented as fact is simply disgusting. rueben Hazell is spouting his 'opinion' as fact all over twatter. And his evidence? His mate the oldham player says so. Now fair play, I can understand anyone supporting their mate. But, going around saying it is 'FACT' goes beyond that.

He's also suggesting that any fan with a Suarez t shirt or scarf waving it around in the eye line of a black player is tantamount to racist behaviour. I should make clear he doesnt actually say all this in his tweets but he does use t shirts and scarfs twoards his mate questionably.

Both the daily wail and daily manc have on their web pages, a youtube window headed 'racist Liverpool fans hurl abuse at TA.' OK, click the windows and a message displays the vid is unavailable but, they still have left the very suggestive screenshot on their pages.

Its more inuendo and more smoke and mirrors. its the 'we arent saying LFC fans are racist but we'll leave that up to the reader.' Fuck off with such shit.

They wouldnt be allowed to do this before a court case, why should they be allowed to drag our name through the mud like this?

I see another fan on the forum claims he was called a 'racist' in tesco today by his mate (was he joking or what?). The danger here is clear for all to see. How many onlookers would know it was a 'mate' saying that? How many agreed with his mate?

And what if next time you are in tesco or morrisons and some twat calls you racist? Do you ignore them, argue the toss or deck the twat?

Robbie Fowler was recently criticised for going to a fancy dress party (yeah really, a fancy dress party) as lionel richie because he 'blacked' up! Incredulous!

The meedja are fanning the flames of hatered at LFC and us now. Despite what one poster in particular has said, this isnt something LFC can control. Its gone beyond that and its out of control.

Emily Nugent's lad wasnt even in the country when this latest issue blew up. Yet he had us banged to rights if anyone read his obscene ramblings on twatter. He also filed copy at 1 minute past midnight on the issue too. Couldnt wait to get your nose in the trough, eh ollie?

I dont know how this latest shit is going to play out. Maybe we need a sacrificial fan to be slaughtered on the alter of racism? If no one is brought to account, you just know the wider community is going to say 'oh well, what do you expect? Merseyside Police just brushed it under the carpet.'

We'll be damned if no one is brought to book and we'll be damned if someone is found to have utter some racist remark no matter what action the club takes.

What is worrying though is that is every black player now going to play the race issue when we sing for Luis, wear a luis t shirt or wave a Luis scarf?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I find incredible about the whole furore of the last few weeks is Suarez saying that he has called Johnson "Negro" in training.

How the hell has Johnson and anybody else at Anfield allowed that to happen without having a word with him?

It wouldn't have happened in any other workplace in this country without being addressed.

What I find incredible about the whole furore of the last few weeks is Suarez saying that he has called Johnson "Negro" in training.

How the hell has Johnson and anybody else at Anfield allowed that to happen without having a word with him?

It wouldn't have happened in any other workplace in this country without being addressed.

Because it doesn't sound like you must be hearing it in your head and it isn't said in a way Johnson would take offense too

edit - nor should he

It wouldn't have happened in any other workplace in this country without being addressed.[/QUOTE]

I work in Liverpool, most of the people I work with are around 55-65 it is a very male environ, I hear off colour humour often no-one bats an eyelid. I'm not saying I am surrounded by card carrying BNP/EDL members but you would be naive to suggest there is not racism in the workplace.

It wouldn't have happened in any other workplace in this country without being addressed.[/QUOTE]

I work in Liverpool, most of the people I work with are around 55-65 it is a very male environ, I hear off colour humour often no-one bats an eyelid. I'm not saying I am surrounded by card carrying BNP/EDL members but you would be naive to suggest there is not racism in the workplace.

Ever hear the one about the black box?

I'm not saying there are no racist jokes, but very rarely in the presence of a black person who could take offence. I have never heard anybody working with me calling a black person negro or anything similar. They would probably be sacked for it and any manager or supervisor disciplined for allowing it to happen.

If Suarez has used it - innocently in his case because he doesn't see any problem with it- somebody at Anfield should have had a word. That they appeared not to have done that is ridiculous. Kenny and anybody else in authority and Suarez teammates need to have a serious look at themselves.

I'm not saying there are no racist jokes, but very rarely in the presence of a black person who could take offence. I have never heard anybody working with me calling a black person negro or anything similar. They would probably be sacked for it and any manager or supervisor disciplined for allowing it to happen.

If Suarez has used it - innocently in his case because he doesn't see any problem with it- somebody at Anfield should have had a word. That they appeared not to have done that is ridiculous. Kenny and anybody else in authority and Suarez teammates need to have a serious look at themselves.

Had a word when? After the Manc game ( so its done and dusted then), or during training, when they wouldnt kinow about it anyway because Glen Johnson doesnt have an issue with it?

I think it says more about how disingenuous Evra is than anything else.

Had a word when? After the Manc game ( so its done and dusted then), or during training, when they wouldnt kinow about it anyway because Glen Johnson doesnt have an issue with it?

Nobody else has heard it then? Try walking into your HR office or Headmaster's office on Monday morning and tell them you've just called a black person "negro".

BECAUSE ITS NOT FUCKING RACIST.

Some points you spectacularly miss.

1. You are using the British pronunciation;

2. You are talking about the use of the word in English;

3. Suarez's use of the word is Spanish;

4. In Spanish the word 'negro' is pronounced differently;

5. There is no getting around the use of the word in Spanish, because it is the Spanish word for 'black.'

6. In South America the use of the word in respect of another is not racist;

7. Evra's South American team mates refer to Evra as 'negro';

8. Neither Johnson or Evra take issue with it because they know it isn't racist;

9. You are not in a position to lecture Johnson about what is and is not acceptable to him.

Nobody else has heard it then? Try walking into your HR office or Headmaster's office on Monday morning and tell them you've just called a black person "negro".

Its not KNEE GRO, its Neg Gro, they are two totally different words.

Never, ever, will a Spanish speaking person be reprimanded legally for using the Spanish word 'Negro' in a neutral way whilst speaking Spanish.

Suarez does not refer to Johnson as Negro in Spanish because he is racist, or even ignorant. It is because it is a perfectly acceptable Spanish adjective, (just like Black is here), and in his culture there aren't any problems with using it.

If anybody ever took offence, I'm sure Suarez would try his hardest to refrain from saying it. People who take offence are ignorant, though. And fucking stupid.

Some points you spectacularly miss.

1. You are using the British pronunciation;

2. You are talking about the use of the word in English;

3. Suarez's use of the word is Spanish;

4. In Spanish the word 'negro' is pronounced differently;

5. There is no getting around the use of the word in Spanish, because it is the Spanish word for 'black.'

6. In South America the use of the word in respect of another is not racist;

7. Evra's South American team mates refer to Evra as 'negro';

8. Neither Johnson or Evra take issue with it because they know it isn't racist;

9. You are not in a position to lecture Johnson about what is and is not acceptable to him.

This.

I find it fucking comical that the PC brigade is in full force.

If people think Saurez and other South Americans using the word Negro is racist then they don't know what fucking racism is.

Why?

Who the fuck is "somebody at Anfield" to tell a South American he can't talk his perfectly inoffensive mother-tongue.

Doing so would be bordering on discrimination.

If Evra had alleged Suarez had called him a 'queer' (he may be gay, I don't know or care) would there have been the same outrage and media campaign? And don't give me that 'but but but.. racism is so much worse' crap. Hate is hate and the media just caught a whiff of racism, which came from a club they love to tarnish and smelled blood.

Anyway, I've tried to avoid the 'media want to destroy us' mindset but... I think they do want to destroy the reputation of our club and as someone posted earlier, they know the mongs who read their rags will believe anything they print so they will print whatever they feel like. Racism is a great and extremely convenient way to character assassinate someone or something because it brings up such passion that regardless of evidence, people will remember it.

I'm not really sure what we can do any more given the media clusterfuck around negrito-gate. If FSG launch lawsuits on the papers who make these allegations without evidence, it would be the right thing to do but will just drag out forever and mud sticks.

Depressing as fuck.

exactly chicken

Homophobia is a million times more prevalent in football than racism. I don't see any initiatives for this. Likewise other horrible insults. Its funny how disgusting chants from opposing fans directed towards opposing players/managers/fans rarely gets a mention in the media. Yet this is jumped upon and become national headline news.

It won't happen but if i were the owner i'd ban all media journalist and camera's from melwood and anfield. Where was the media when racism in this country was a genuine issue, where was the condemnation of fans towards plauyers like Barnes, Regis, Blissett etc etc. They were all to scared to say anything then

In my book that's still racism.

I would be and have been offended by somebody I worked with spouting shit about "niggers", "nig nogs", "darkies" etc. It's 2012 for fuck sake. Nobody should be going on like that. I've met a few people over the years who would talk like that about black people and it's disgusting. I work with a guy who goes on like that and I swear he's never even been out of Northern Ireland. And anybody who lives over here knows that while there are more black people living and working here than ever before they're still in such a minority that you would notice a black man or woman on the street.

My cousin in London has been mugged by black people, his mum caught a black kid in their house robbing her hand bag in the kitchen after he jumped over their garden wall. He would go on about "coons" etc plus he's a chelsea fan and that shit was rampant there and probably still is.

my point is that while it's unacceptable at least he has some reason why he dislikes black people. This lad I work with just calls them this cos he's an ignorant pig.

I'm gonna get pillored for this but imo people are far to fucking sensitive nowadays. Everyone gets abuse in the lifetime, from friends and people they don't know. Fuckign get on with it and stop crying about it.

Only when it becomes persistently vindictive or violent should it warrant police intervention. Basically this country is a bunch of pussies.