You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

your new CM

bri

I think Shelvey is more likely to succeed in the defensive role than Henderson. Shelvey is not scared to put his foot in.

Spearing won't let us down and gets the first opportunity.

Have you actually seen shelvey play? He can't defend at all. He lacks pace. He's an attacking midfielder. He done an interview last week for the Blackpool Gazette and stated quite clearly he hates defending, he'd rather stay high up the pitch. Personally, i don't rate the player. I tihnk he's abject mediocrity. The Championship is his level Spearing all day long

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I'm gonna try to help you out here -

I bow to your superior knowledge of footballs. Not sarcastic - I've no doubt someone from Portland Oregon knows a shitload more about the NFL and tbh possibly the premiership than me

Plus I'm sure sports medicine has advanced a lot in six years. Not sarcastic, I've no doubt it has, certainly hope so

*Sigh* thats better. Sarcastic

Was a bit concerned there for a minute. Sarcastic

Glad to know he'll be back to his best next season. Sarcastic - I really hope its true though

Right, thats the last time I'm gonna explain myself - you're gonna have to try to keep up on your own from now on.

Listen lads, people were asking about how serious the injury was so I did a bit of a Google and posted what I found. More than any other bastard did.

*Harrumph*

*Stomps off in a huff*

Ok- since you're new I will try to help you out. There are different posters on the board. I am not from Oregon, the previous poster who responded is. Not Sarcastic

You should not consider Google a place for verbatim research, use your head too. Not Sarcastic

You may end up known as pants instead of trousers very quickly. Sarcastic

Easy on the catch up comments and huffing. Cheers lad.

I'm more for a formation change than playing another player in his role. As I don't really feel we have anybody that can fill his boots.

I'm leaning towards three centre backs. We've done well when we've played this formation, it works 'cos we got two amazing wing backs in Johnson and Enrique.

It would also give Agger some extra freedom to go forward, also Skrtl has shown signs that he's good on the ball going forward as well. The question would be, who should play with them? Carra is an obvious choice or is this a good opportunity to breed Coates into the team and PL football?

Ok- since you're new I will try to help you out. There are different posters on the board. I am not from Oregon, the previous poster who responded is. Not Sarcastic

You should not consider Google a place for verbatim research, use your head too. Not Sarcastic

You may end up known as pants instead of trousers very quickly. Sarcastic

Easy on the catch up comments and huffing. Cheers lad.

I was commenting on my own post in relation to my reply to Shoepiss who I saw was located in the USA and had a hell of a lot more posts on this forum than me. Hence I meant it when I said the first part of my reply to him wasn't sarcastic re. NFL vs Premiership ACL injurys. I took his opinion on board. No offence to anyone was intended so apologies if it came across wrong.

Anyway, I guess I need to learn to be more careful as subtleties are difficult to get across in text so fair enough, points taken. Maybe I shouldn't have been posting at all last night tbh after a shit day in work but at least I still have a job. Three of my mates aren't so lucky since yesterday due to the bastard public sector cuts. Lesson learned don't post when you're in a shit mood.

BTW if you happen to also be USA based I apologise to you and the rest of our North American friends for the 'real football' quip in my reply to Shoepiss. Sorry, couldn't resist.

The huffing was tongue-in-cheek you don't get rid of me that easily.

Thanks for the advice and, no, that's not being sarcastic.

Anyway, I guess I need to learn to be more careful as subtleties are difficult to get across in text so fair enough, points taken. Maybe I shouldn't have been posting at all last night tbh after a shit day in work but at least I still have a job. Three of my mates aren't so lucky since yesterday due to the bastard public sector cuts. Lesson learned don't post when you're in a shit mood.

Are you a character out of Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath?

I'm just finishing rehab, 6 months after my 2nd cruciate operation. The 1st was a football injury that ended my (crap) career 15 years ago when they cut me open and inserted a carbon fibre thread. I had to have 2 ops because of the scar tissue that formed around the knee while I was in plaster for 3 or 4 months.

This time it was so much easier - the operation was non-intrusive keyhole with just a couple of nicks and so no real trauma, just swelling. The surgeon "harvested" a few threads from my hamstring so it's using organic not man-made fibres and has a better chance of avoiding rejection by the body.

Physio started immediately so there was little muscle wastage and there is a set pattern of exercises that build up the strength around both the knee and the hamstring. These are stepped up during the programme and an athlete will be doing 4-5 hours of intensive physio (even I was doing an hour or so every morning after the couple of weeks).

I'm seeing the consultant for the last time next week and I'm really happy about the results. He has told me that the knee is stronger now than before and range of movement is 95-99%. The younger you are, the better the flexibility so a 24 year old Lucas can expect to be as close to full recovery as you can get and his muscular tone in the legs will be stronger than before - which is one of the real problems in any rehab.

It's fuckin hard work and hurts like hell going through the exercises to retrain the hamstring to become part of the knee but it's a scientific process which is pretty run-of-the-mill nowadays so Lucas with all the drive & commitment he has shown during his career should be fine. The success rates are now very high.

Oh and Jay Spearing will step up now I'm sure. I think it's Carroll who may suffer though because until Gerrard is back fully fit & firing, the chances are that we will continue with the 3 man centre midfield meaning Suarez plays up front on his own.

Nobody thinking that Connor Coady could make the step up?

He's a big powerful player who can do the DM role?

My preference would be to bring Carra back in defence and push Agger into DM.

Also buy Ever Banega in January and not just because of the injury to Lucas but he is brilliant.

I don't think the protection in front of the back 4 is going to be a major issue for us in the next run of games, well it shouldn't be. Hopefully we can see someone mature into that role during these games against the lesser teams and play a bit further up the pitch. Lucas has come on heaps in the last two seasons and we'll more than likely see how well he was doing that protection job when someone else does it poorly.

Spearing will do a job for us this year but he lacks the quality for a decent CL, title run. I think we'll see how it goes until Jan and if the run is poor then look to get someone in.

I'm just finishing rehab, 6 months after my 2nd cruciate operation. The 1st was a football injury that ended my (crap) career 15 years ago when they cut me open and inserted a carbon fibre thread. I had to have 2 ops because of the scar tissue that formed around the knee while I was in plaster for 3 or 4 months.

This time it was so much easier - the operation was non-intrusive keyhole with just a couple of nicks and so no real trauma, just swelling. The surgeon "harvested" a few threads from my hamstring so it's using organic not man-made fibres and has a better chance of avoiding rejection by the body.

Physio started immediately so there was little muscle wastage and there is a set pattern of exercises that build up the strength around both the knee and the hamstring. These are stepped up during the programme and an athlete will be doing 4-5 hours of intensive physio (even I was doing an hour or so every morning after the couple of weeks).

I'm seeing the consultant for the last time next week and I'm really happy about the results. He has told me that the knee is stronger now than before and range of movement is 95-99%. The younger you are, the better the flexibility so a 24 year old Lucas can expect to be as close to full recovery as you can get and his muscular tone in the legs will be stronger than before - which is one of the real problems in any rehab.

It's fuckin hard work and hurts like hell going through the exercises to retrain the hamstring to become part of the knee but it's a scientific process which is pretty run-of-the-mill nowadays so Lucas with all the drive & commitment he has shown during his career should be fine. The success rates are now very high.

Great post. Makes me feel a lot more positive.

This is so frustrating, don't think I've ever been more pissed at one of our players getting injured.

I don't think the protection in front of the back 4 is going to be a major issue for us in the next run of games, well it shouldn't be. Hopefully we can see someone mature into that role during these games against the lesser teams and play a bit further up the pitch. Lucas has come on heaps in the last two seasons and we'll more than likely see how well he was doing that protection job when someone else does it poorly.

Spearing will do a job for us this year but he lacks the quality for a decent CL, title run. I think we'll see how it goes until Jan and if the run is poor then look to get someone in.

Lucas was afforded at least 80 shite games to get it right, does spearing not deserve more than a month to find his feet. Anyway I think spearing after a couple of games will show that the DM role is the easiest in football and go on to be the greatest player that's ever kicked a ball and he will invent a perpetual motion anti gravity machine that cures cancer and allows you to wash your whites alongside colours and multiplies socks in the process.

Lucas was afforded at least 80 shite games to get it right, does spearing not deserve more than a month to find his feet. Anyway I think spearing after a couple of games will show that the DM role is the easiest in football and go on to be the greatest player that's ever kicked a ball and he will invent a perpetual motion anti gravity machine that cures cancer and allows you to wash your whites alongside colours and multiplies socks in the process.

Lucas really did not have 80 shite games, 10 games at most.