You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'You should have stayed at a big club'

Guest San Don

The time for that was January. He had a week or so in which to choose either to stay and do exactly what you said or to fuck off to Chelsea. He chose unwisely.

As someone here once said to a Chelsea fan - "You made your bed - and, guess what, it's bedtime."

Fuck him.

I do agree with you mate. Fuck him, he had his chance and he blew it, you are spot on.

It's all purely hypothetical because it would never happen anyway, but if he was to come back then in time he'd be accepted. Football fans are fickle by nature. Look at Stevie handing in transfer requests two years running. I hated him for that and was absolutely devastated at the time. But a few nice words and him doing the business on the pitch and all is soon forgiven. I know it's a bit different but the same things apply.

The fanbase, by and large, would accept Torres back. Individually people may not. I'm not at all advocating his return, but I know that deep down, if he did the business on the pitch, scored a few match winning goals in big games, said all the right things and all that, then chances are I'd be won over. I'm not saying he'd be lorded like he once was, but in time he'd be accepted by and large because, as I said, we are a fickle breed. Just my opinion anyway.

The time for that was January. He had a week or so in which to choose either to stay and do exactly what you said or to fuck off to Chelsea. He chose unwisely.

As someone here once said to a Chelsea fan - "You made your bed - and, guess what, it's bedtime."

Fuck him.

He won't think he chose unwisely. Latterly, he was as shit for us as he has been for them but now he's on more money and his team is playing in the CL, and probably will be next season also. I don't imagine he's regretting it for a minute. That said, his form is dire and I can't believe quite how far his stock has fallen.

Would take him for the right price though. Not sure what that price is right now, mind.

Guest davelfc

They will have Sturridge who already appears to be above torres in the pecking order and if they can do a deal with Villa then I can't see them keeping torres at all.

He's as much a drain on morale there as he apparently was here.

So I'm not buying the rent a quote about african nations and anelka, sorry.

Anyway, zero chance he will come here and I'm fine with that.

They will have Sturridge who already appears to be above torres in the pecking order and if they can do a deal with Villa then I can't see them keeping torres at all.

He's as much a drain on morale there as he apparently was here.

So I'm not buying the rent a quote about african nations and anelka, sorry.

Anyway, zero chance he will come here and I'm fine with that.

It'll be intereting to see if Lukaku get's the Drogba roll as it's obvious Sturridge will be their first choice striker, which still leaves Torres on the bench, he'll get more game time but the longer he goes on stinking the place out the more chance Kakaku has of jumping ahead of him..

Look forward to San Don's neg. Knob.

Guest San Don

Oh dear! Didnt even get on against Wigan. Also had to watch sturridge do that anoying dance when he scored too!

Yes, everyone knows you're professional now, dont we?

He won't think he chose unwisely. Latterly, he was as shit for us as he has been for them but now he's on more money and his team is playing in the CL, and probably will be next season also. I don't imagine he's regretting it for a minute. That said, his form is dire and I can't believe quite how far his stock has fallen.

Would take him for the right price though. Not sure what that price is right now, mind.

Remember the "Torres song" that used to ring around Anfield, must have made him feel 10 feet tall. He used to play with such confidence back then. If he had a game at Anfield and didn't score it was a rarity. He was loved and adored.

Now he isn't loved by the Chelsea fans, he doesn't even get on the pitch hardly. He might well be at a club in The Champions League and on more money than Liverpool paid him but on a personal level he doesn't play Champions League football. He cuts a very sorry figure now on the Chelsea bench.

He won't admit it but I would expect he regrets his move very much now. I hope he also regrets his comments after his transfer where he belittled Liverpool and went on about Chelsea being a top level club.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Having a bad season? Are we shite. We are having a good season that could have been even better with a bit of luck and some decent finishing.

I agree. If results go as planned tomorrow (Us winning at Villa and City beating Arsenal), we're 3 points off third place with 22 games (66 points) left to play. That's not bad, considering we've been without Gerrard, have a new team, and our new players haven't settled that well yet. We also have a winter transfer window.

All to play for. We're fully heading in the right direction. Finishing aside - a major point, I accept - we're playing as well as anybody in the country.

I agree. If results go as planned tomorrow (Us winning at Villa and City beating Arsenal), we're 3 points off third place with 22 games (66 points) left to play. That's not bad, considering we've been without Gerrard, have a new team, and our new players haven't settled that well yet. We also have a winter transfer window.

All to play for. We're fully heading in the right direction. Finishing aside - a major point, I accept - we're playing as well as anybody in the country.

and that is where we end up with a draw against Villa

We're sitting atop the 'hitting the woodwork' league as well. But all in all, I feel thoroughly entertained by our team right now. It would have been even more entertaining had Torres stayed, I think. But hey ho, thems the breaks. We carry on and finish strong, hopefully.

Chelsea could end up failing to qualify for the champions league. For those that hate Torres that really will be the icing on the cake. City are guaranteed one of the places but the rest aren't as nailed on as they would have liked but you really can't see the Mancs failing to get one spot. That leaves Spurs, Arsenal, us and Chelsea fighting for two places and if we start scoring goals to accompany our play then the most likely casualties will be Arsenal (when RVP gets injured) and Chelsea.All we need for Christmas is a player that's half as good as Fowler was.

Agreed. We have mostly been playing really well, but we haven't always gotten what we've deserved from games. Of course, there is a fair argument to say that you have to take what you deserve from games, but the margins involved for us have been incredibly narrow, and we've been without luck as well as lacking ruthlessness. Unlike the mancs, we can't seem to get a result in games we deserve to win, never mind the ones we don't. If we can somehow change that then we have a great chance of finishing top 4.

Guest San Don
really can't see him staying at Chelsea now

he won't be coming to us mind

If he aint playing for chelshit, he'll lose his place in the Spanish squad never mind team. Then he'll deffo be wanting out imo.

Do you hear the drums el sulk?

really can't see him staying at Chelsea now

he won't be coming to us mind

I think January will be an important month for his Chelsea future, if he's still not getting a game or not playing 90 minutes even with the other players at the African Nations then the writing is pretty much on the wall for him and he'll be sold in the summer.

I think January will be an important month for his Chelsea future, if he's still not getting a game or not playing 90 minutes even with the other players at the African Nations then the writing is pretty much on the wall for him and he'll be sold in the summer.

you'd think though knowing that Drogba (who is also leaving this summer) and Kalou are going to African Cup of Nations and Anelka is off they'd be giving him a bit of game time to get sharp but I'd be surprised if he has played 90 minutes accumatively in the league in the last month or so

wouldn't surprise me if he plays Sturridge on his own

Guest San Don

Malaga, backed by the qatari's may make a bid for el sulk if this report is to be beleived

La Liga big spenders Malaga will look to tempt Chelsea into selling off form striker Fernando Torres next month. The Andalusian side have big financial backing from their Qatari owners and are keen to bring in a high profile signing that can help push their side towards a top four finish and the resultant Champions League qualification that such an achievement would secure.

Malaga have had an average start to the season and boss Manuel Pellegrini would have hoped that the myriad of new signings that he made over the summer would help propel the La Rosaleda side higher up the table. That said the club sits in 7th spot some six points from Levante in fourth place.

Goals have been hard to come by and Malaga have managed just 20 in 16 matches and summer signing Ruud Van Nistelrooy has struggled with form and injuries and managed just two goals all season. Likewise Jose Rondon has failed to recapture the form of last term, netting just twice in 13 matches.

Whilst Chelsea may have dismissed rumours that Fernando Torres was set to leave the club it seems entirely plausible that the Spanish international would seek to leave Stamford Bridge if he felt he didn’t have a chance of breaking back into the first team. This season the former Liverpool man has made just six Premier League starts this season, the last of which came in late October against Arsenal.

With Didier Drogba, Juan Mata and Daniel Sturridge all seemingly ahead of the 27 year old in the Blues pecking order and after a disastrous year in West London perhaps a move back to Spain will tempt the former Atletico Madrid man? It would appear that any move back to La Liga would be unlikely to interest either of the big two of Barcelona and Real Madrid and former club Atletico Madrid are unlikely to be able to afford to sign their former hero so a move to Malaga may be a distinct possibility.

Torres is all to aware that a lack of first team football could well affect his chances of retaining a place in Vicente del Bosque’s thoughts ahead of the Euro 2012 finals next summer.

An offer of £25m may well be considered by Villas-Boas and owner Roman Abramovich who is ready to finance the signing of new additions but will insist that the Portuguese boss trims the Chelsea squad to help cover a portion of spending. Given that the former FC Porto manager did not sign Torres he may therefore be willing to accept a decent offer in January to help clear the way for new captures.